Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So you've been accepted into NUIM 2010

Options
  • 23-08-2010 8:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭

Just thought I'd start a thread for everyone coming into 1st year in september 2010.

Just a general place to discuss what courses everyones in etc.

If everyone posting could say what course and subjects they're planning on doing

I'm in Arts MH101 and I'm planning on Psychology, Computer Science and French/Maths.. can't decide which yet!

:D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

I've been accepted into finance and economics but I'm absolutely gutted I wanted finance and accounting. I missed out buy 5 reckon points.

I'm hoping some drop out so that I can get a second round offer or switch courses.

Anyway I'm still a maynoothian.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

psychology through science, reeeally looking forward to it :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

AmyMaria wrote: »

Ah jammy, I was hoping to get that course and missed it by 10
    See you there though, what subjects are you doing with it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,200 ✭✭✭J.D.R

Doing Arts aswell :D So relieved the points didn't jump this year.

Thinking of English and Economics, and maybe Sociology (mostly to combine with the econ)

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

I've been accepted into finance and economics but I'm absolutely gutted I wanted finance and accounting. I missed out buy 5 reckon points.

I'm hoping some drop out so that I can get a second round offer or switch courses.

Don't panic just yet. If you accept Finance & Economics, do your exams in May 2011 and get 60% (or above) average, you'll probably be able to transfer to Finance & Accounting in second year. Call the dept of economics, finance & accounting. They're a nice lot in there!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭Doodle53

Hey!I'm doin' Arts aswell.Thinking of doin' Geography,English and Music.Can't wait for it to begin.Best of luck everyone

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

Just so you all know, after you accept your offer you'll get a few things in the post in a few days. Info about dates and times and where to go etc

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

Postit wrote: »
    Don't panic just yet. If you accept Finance & Economics, do your exams in May 2011 and get 60% (or above) average, you'll probably be able to transfer to Finance & Accounting in second year. Call the dept of economics, finance & accounting. They're a nice lot in there!

I'll call them and see what they say. Hopefully it's good news.

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭AmyMaria

Ah jammy, I was hoping to get that course and missed it by 10
    See you there though, what subjects are you doing with it?

yeah deffo cya there :).
    I'm really not sure lol cos I only did biology for the LC, so I'm going to do that and chemistry, but I'm gonna have to think about the third one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

I'm going into second year finance and accounting, the two courses are identical in first year and I got an email about changing courses and the finance an economics course was one I could have changed to after first year. So dont worry about it. Congratuations on getting it :)
    Congrats to everyone who got a place.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Doodle53 wrote: »
    Hey!I'm doin' Arts aswell.Thinking of doin' Geography,English and Music.Can't wait for it to begin.Best of luck everyone

Doing English and Geography in Second Year, the first year course is brilliant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 b2thaza

Hi my name is Bry and i'm an alco.....ah no im grand!! =D

Just got accepted into Maynooth to do Finance and Economics, thrilled I got in, twas my number one choice like,

congrats to everyone who got a place, now all i have to do is try find accomodation like, effort in commuting!! xD

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭Postit

I'll call them and see what they say. Hopefully it's good news.

Let me know what they say!

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Baile an Locha

Hey, I'm John.
    Got offered Law and Arts so extremely happy, hoping to do Irish and English with it. Going up tomorrow to look at houses, heard meadowbrook is kinda nice. Gang of 5 of us going into Maynooth so very very excited.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

I just got a place in Computer Science, chuffed :D I need to find somewhere to kip now....!

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭Idjit

I'm a FETAC applicant and I got Arts. It going to be difficult transitioning from the lazy PLC life to University!
    I'm thinking about History and Anthropology but I want to check in one a lecture or two before I make a definite choice.
    I am so nervous because unlike the PLC course, I'll be going to Maynooth without anyone I know by my side to worry with! Taking the right train will be frightening enough as it is...Hope I don't get lost once I get off of it :o

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭GVNDNN

Hey Gavin here :D

MH101 Arts aswell =)

Economics
    Geography
    Anthropology

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭LeahBaby

Bhoy_ wrote: »
    I just got a place in Computer Science, chuffed :D I need to find somewhere to kip now....!

me too!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭seriousfizz

Woop! Doing arts myself!

English
    Philosophy
    Sociology/Geography... maybe even /Anthropology :P

Going through the HEAR programme so I'm in for orientation this Sunday!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 122 ✭✭Bhoy_

LeahBaby wrote: »
    me too!!!!

At least I'm not alone :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭girvtheswerve

Best of luck to you all guys. You're in for a treat. Maynooth is a student paradise. Had some fantastic times there and made some great friends. Get involved in everything, go to every party, and steal anything not nailed down:p

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭pakb1ue

Best of luck to you all guys. You're in for a treat. Maynooth is a student paradise. Had some fantastic times there and made some great friends. Get involved in everything, go to every party, and steal anything not nailed down:p

Ditto, I had a great 4 years there. Maynooth is a great place to go to college as everyone is a student in the town its self. Definitely join as many clubs as you can as you will meet a lot of people this way.
    Too bad there the LA still isnt about, was a great place to meet fellow first years or bump into your Maths tutorial teacher who you had the next day at 9am :D

And remember your grades dont count until final year :cool: Well unless you do the 70-30 thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Great to see all this fresh meat coming :D:P

Best of luck to you all, I'm sure you'll love it here !! :)

Hi all, delighted I'll be starting Science in September. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,956 ✭✭✭mp3guy

pakb1ue wrote: »
    And remember your grades dont count until final year :cool: Well unless you do the 70-30 thing

Or you're applying for IRCSET which only has one round these days :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Hey, I'm John.
    Got offered Law and Arts so extremely happy, hoping to do Irish and English with it. Going up tomorrow to look at houses, heard meadowbrook is kinda nice. Gang of 5 of us going into Maynooth so very very excited.
    Some houses are nice, some aren't. However, most off campus students live there, it's kind of like campus accomm for those off campus. The Newtown Inn is a lovely pub too with a Chinese inside it! That place will be mad a few tiems a year like at Xmas.

Enjoy first year everyone. Maynooth is simply fan-f**king-tastic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 krazykatz

Starting Arts aswell. Hoping to study Psychology, Philosophy and Anthropology. Can't wait. Nervous but excited.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭validusername

AmyMaria wrote: »

wahey, same here! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭JellyBeans92

krazykatz wrote: »
    Starting Arts aswell. Hoping to study Psychology, Philosophy and Anthropology. Can't wait. Nervous but excited.:D

Yay, another person doing Arts with Psychology! =)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭*Miss Ní C*

ello, I'm Emma :)

I'm starting English, I can't wait! I'm a bit terrified that I won't make any friends (going it alone), but really excited!

Now I've just gotta sort accommodation if I don't get student accommodation!

See ye all in a few weeks :D

Advertisement