Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Something that annoys me that not many will understand...

Options
  • 13-04-2010 3:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭

...grown men walking around town eating crisps. Standing at a bus stop or in a queue and a man in his 20s or 30s eating an extremely smelly bag of crisps like snax or tayto cheese and onion.

Is there ANYONE else that this annoys? Or am I on my own. What annoys you that most others probably won't understand?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

You're in Dublin. It's pronounced CRIPS!

GAH!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

to be honest, it annoys me when i see adults, male or female, walking around eating crisps/chocolate/ice-cream in oublic

it seems like something only kids do, or should do

i cant really articulate ecaxtly why it annoys me, but it does

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭stevoman

female drivers really annoy me!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭iUseVi

Yes me too. Licking their fingers and dropping crisps everywhere. Yuk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

I dont like people looking at me when Im eating crips

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,130 ✭✭✭✭Kiera

People blowing their nose in public annoys me. Thats about it tho.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I really hate c**nts looking at me when i'm eating crisps and ice cream as if i am doing something wrong, when all i've done is work 10 hours without a break and there is no suitable foodstores or cafes in the area.

Oh and spitting. That's the worst.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Shivers26

I dont like walking and eating at the same time. How can you possibly enjoy something properly while battling crowds or crossing roads?
    Its not right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,647 ✭✭✭✭Fago!

Who gives a **** like! If they're hungry, let 'em eat! **** sake!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,327 ✭✭✭Sykk

Stuck up much? A person is entitled to eat whatever food they like in public.

After a real hard day at work, working through lunch I think I'm entitled to eat something down the road on my way home without a stuck up prat judging me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

People drinking coffee or tea while walking down the street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I really hate c**nts looking at me when i'm eating crisps and ice cream as if i am doing something wrong, when all i've done is work 10 hours without a break and there is no suitable foodstores or cafes in the area.

Don't worry. I'll be doing everything in my power not to look at you stuffing your fat face! ;-)

Sure they are entitled, but have you ever been in a cramped bus with someone with a really smelly sandwich or a packet of crisps? Or perhaps you are too stuck up for buses.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭gaz wac

Sykk wrote: »
    A person is entitled to eat whatever food they like in public. .

So can I eat a monkey?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

The ice cream van... jingly jangly annoying shít every fúcking day without fail. He was even coming in december and january in the ice and snow.
    Unwelcome, noise polluting, junk-food pushing, crap. Yet people still go out in their droves and buy off him.
    Let's have McDonalds vans driving around residential areas blaring annoying music while we're allowing pushy exploitative business practices eh? What makes ice cream so special?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,178 ✭✭✭✭NothingMan

Really annoys me when Kiera has a tiny little white dot in her signature that leads to a restricted sub forum and now I really wanna know what it is!!! :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TishTosh_Tasha

Hmm...while I dont get it, I understand the sort of thing you mean Sam!
    Loads of things irritate the hell out of me...young lads who take care over their hair (lots of gel!), wear a suit and match the tie with the shirt and even have real cufflinks......only to wear those naff shoes with rubber soles which look like cornish pasties. Yuk!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 TishTosh_Tasha

Wow! such language!! Is itt possible that your perception of them is making you feel so self conscious??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

sam34 wrote: »
    to be honest, it annoys me when i see adults, male or female, walking around eating crisps/chocolate/ice-cream in oublic

You'd hate me then.

I walk around with a bottle of lucozade if I fancy it. Also this one time I was in Howth with my girlfriend, lovely hot weather so we decided to buy an ice-cream, imagine that, a 24 year old male eating an ice cream.

Actually is that allowed considering I was beside the sea and it was a lovely hot summers day?

Being honest on the ice cream front, I get one when I go shopping. It's a little reward to me because I hate shopping. I last two shops until ice-cream time where I get a 99 + sprinkles. Oh yeah, tastes great.

I love not having hang-ups about what I choose to eat in public obvious jokes aside ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,483 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Jesus ****ing christ you must have little to worry about if that bothers you.

I must remember to pick up a giant multi pack of King on the way home. I'll scoop the crisps out with a block of ice cream.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

People. Just people.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,151 ✭✭✭rednik

Fago! wrote: »
    You're in Dublin. It's pronounced CRIPS!

GAH!!!!

Also its not a bag it's a package of crips.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭Caoimhín

I walked past a music store the other day and there was a man in his 40's wearing a suit and tie, eating a bag of Monster munch and tapping his foot along to the music being played from the shop.

It looked soooo odd, like a kid dressed up for comic effect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,073 ✭✭✭sam34

Naos wrote: »
    You'd hate me then.

no, i wouldn't.

you would annoy me briefly, that's all.

Naos wrote: »
    Actually is that allowed considering I was beside the sea and it was a lovely hot summers day?

why wouldn't it be allowed?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

Ice cream is cool. It doesn't stink. But snax. They should be banned in public.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭omahaid

Sykk wrote: »
    Stuck up much? A person is entitled to eat whatever food they like in public.
    gaz wac wrote: »
    So can I eat a monkey?

LOL, I don't know if I would consider a monkey as food :D

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,640 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

I'm the same, I'm embarrassed to watch my girlfriend eat a packet of crisps in public!
    Its the technique she uses!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,728 ✭✭✭Naos

no, i wouldn't.

you would annoy me briefly, that's all.

Good because apart from that, I'm pretty awesome.
    why wouldn't it be allowed?

I retract the "would it be allowed" and would like to substitute it with "would that still annoy you?"

Advertisement