Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

movie with real dead bodies??

Options
  • 18-06-2008 9:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭

i saw an ad last night on the SciFi/Horror channel for some film that bragged that the dead bodies in this film were Real corpses? i can't remember the name of the movie, or anything to do with the plot, so it's a shot in the dark here asking if anyone knows what i'm talking about?? (this is not a channel that's known for its cimenatic masterpieces/box office hits, but you find a gem or two every now+ then)

xxx

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I doubt this is the film in question, but an Italian flick from the early 80s called The Anthropophagous Beast is said to have had real cadavers in a couple of scenes.

Mike.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

thats mad you wouldent think such a thing would be allowed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭who's yer one?

thats mad you wouldent think such a thing would be allowed.

that was my first reaction too, but if you think about it, people donate their bodies to Art (see Gunther von Hagens), science, all kinds of stuff
    theres a freakin' forensics school in the US somewhere, where theyve got random corpses scattered all over the grounds, in differnt conditions, so the students can get a first hand experience of dealing murder cases and what not.

a little effed up, yes. but seemingly all above board! waste not, want not i guess

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭Otis Driftwood

OP,Havnt a breeze what movie you are talking about but on the subject of using real bodies,I know Men Behind the Sun 2 uses a real 10 or 11 year old childs corpse for a (very) graphic and gratuitous autopsy scene and in Thriller : A cruel picture,a real corpse is used for the eye gouging scene.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,103 ✭✭✭estebancambias

Wasnt there a movie with like a real human women body impaled on a pole.

• Advertisement

mike65 wrote: »
    I doubt this is the film in question, but an Italian flick from the early 80s called The Anthropophagous Beast is said to have had real cadavers in a couple of scenes.

Mike.

Seen that movie and its pretty dodgy(not in a good way).Think its just an urban legend circulated by Joe D'Amato to hype the movie up.There is a sweet fetus removal/eating scene though.

Wasnt there a movie with like a real human women body impaled on a pole.

Nope.You are thinking of Cannibal Holocaust.In that scene the woman sat on a bicycle saddle and balanced a piece of blasa wood in her mouth for effect.
    Totally awesome special effects and no crappy CGI needed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The name escapes me, but it looks like absolute tripe of the highest order anyway - the success of the movie probably hinges on wildly promoting that very claim.

It's available for rent in Xtra Vision currently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭mbv

Was it Dead and Buried? Remember hearing something about it years ago, don't know how true it is though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ellehcim

the film is called "unrest" im no movie geek bt i thot it was quite gd xXx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

I'd rather good special effects than a real corpse in my movies, thanks very much.

Advertisement