Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CAREFUL -iTunes 9.1 could screw up your jailbreak

• 01-04-2010 3:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭

The new iTunes release 9.1 will remove your blackra1n jailbreak , but also been reported is that it will screw up other jailbreak methods.

This seems to be the first time that Apple have used the iTunes program itself in a weapon against jailbreaking.

More Info here

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,763 ✭✭✭Jax Teller

Muscle nerd said it was ok to use on Twitter yesterday ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

This is true as I can no longer use blackra1n after installing itunes 9.1. An error saying cannot find ASL.dll comes up. I even uninstalled 9.1 and installed the previous version but the error keeps coming up. I downloaded the ASL.dll and put it into the system32 folder but still no joy. I was able to do it anyway from another laptop. But I found this which may be useful to someone in the same predicament.

http://www.gadgetsdna.com/blackra1n-for-itunes-9-1-fix-incompatibility-issues-with-itunes-9-1/1909/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 586 ✭✭✭conolan

Solution is to put blackra1n.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder. Run it from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,244 ✭✭✭AntiRip

conolan wrote: »
    Solution is to put blackra1n.exe in C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Apple Application Support folder. Run it from there.

Also works ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭iPink

Didn't give me any problems that I know of...

• Advertisement
Advertisement