Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unlocking SGS2

Options
  • 02-11-2011 9:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,185 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I've a brand new Samsung Galaxy S2 on vodafone I'm looking to unlock. How do I do it, and is it difficult/riskfree?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Hi,

I've a brand new Samsung Galaxy S2 on vodafone I'm looking to unlock. How do I do it, and is it difficult/riskfree?

Well it's not difficult. You have to to root it first (this will void your warranty). Then download one of the sim unlock apps for the SGS2 from the market. It should give you the code to unlock it.

Afraid am doing this from my phone so amn't able to post links, will stick 'em up in the morning

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

You could just try asking your operator for the unlock code..I did this on the day I got the phone, no problems.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Hi,

been there, done that

not difficult

get the .apk for the unlock app and install into your sd card, root folder

install a insecure kernel via odin

once installed the kernel root the phone... can be done with 1 click app.

phone is rooted

can now run the unlock app, it will search for unlock pin

only use it once.!

that is all.

if you need the .apk pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭Zagato

Instructions for rooting

Recommend reading about rooting before you root, it's your phone and you should know what you are doing to it.

Advertisement