Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cabbage lite not working

Options
  • 02-08-2013 4:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭

Been using Cabbage lite , Version 1.79, for months with no issues - in fact no issues at all since I installed bar the odd time I'd have to insert the captcha . All of a sudden I'm getting the message " Could not connect to network website ", which is the Vodafone site, and the text doesn't send. I've tried an uninstall and reinstall but same message appearing - anyone any ideas as to what the problem is?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,404 ✭✭✭✭sKeith

FYI, i get same error

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭unkymo

Me as well!

Its been working fine for ages and now i get the same error message as Squiggle.

options settings -> sending method -> was server (not working) change to direct connection, and it works again. cabbage server must have gotten banned.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭ralphie

sKeith wrote: »
    options settings -> sending method -> was server (not working) change to direct connection, and it works again. cabbage server must have gotten banned.

Thanks sKeith.Changed it to direct connection and it's working again.
    It's so much better than Vodafone sms.

• Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭mckildare

Nice one, thanks for the fix sKeith!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5 australia bound

Cheers for the pix, but I cannot for the life of me find where the options are on cabbage
    I have looked around the texting interface and also in settings>apps>cabbage lite

I have a HTC one s, any help would be welcome with screen grabs if possible! thanks :)

* pix = fix

Doh, just worked it out...quite simple in the end...

Anyone else as dopey as I, just hit the central "3 dot" button while within the texting screen...that brings up the options...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Jayop

I deleted the app and redownloaded thinking it was a local problem with me. Now I can't verify my account and as I can't do that I can't get into the settings.

Anyone figure out a solution to this or am I the only one dumb enough to delete it?

Jayop wrote: »
    I deleted the app and redownloaded thinking it was a local problem with me. Now I can't verify my account and as I can't do that I can't get into the settings.

Anyone figure out a solution to this or am I the only one dumb enough to delete it?

Scratch that. Got it!

Thanks for a great solution!!!!!!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

I tried this and cabbage worked again for me, unfortunatly it is not working today - does anyone have any suggestions. Do i need to upgrade to Ultimate I wonder

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

Birdsong wrote: »
    I tried this and cabbage worked again for me, unfortunatly it is not working today - does anyone have any suggestions. Do i need to upgrade to Ultimate I wonder

Works fine for me today using the "direct connection" method (vodafone)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Used it a few times today to send International texts and working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Do we know what direct connection is? is it the vodafone website? Trying to get it to work again on my windowsphone.

snaps wrote: »
    Do we know what direct connection is? is it the vodafone website? Trying to get it to work again on my windowsphone.

With direct connection, your phone connects directly to the Vodafone website.the other way the cabbage server would connect to the website from it's own IP, which must now have been banned by Vodafone. This method would save you a few kilobytes of bandwidth.now using direct connection, the website is being talked to by your own internet connection. This is the same as using the internet browser on your PC or phone to send the message.

With direct connection, your phone connects directly to the Vodafone website.the other way the cabbage server would connect to the website from it's own IP, which must now have been banned by Vodafone. This method would save you a few kilobytes of bandwidth.now using direct connection, the website is being talked to by your own internet connection. This is the same as using the internet browser on your PC or phone to send the message.

So would this be the address:
    https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/messaging/webtext

Going to try webtxtr as it has a server address which has the cabbage texter address currently in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Morgase

Just in case anyone is thinking of paying for Ultimate to fix this - don't! I've got Ultimate and had the same problem as you guys. The direct connection change solved it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Morgase wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is thinking of paying for Ultimate to fix this - don't! I've got Ultimate and had the same problem as you guys. The direct connection change solved it for me.

I have the ultimate anyway, and was having the same problem but got fixed up thanks to poster on a similar thread. Good app and good to have it back working.

Is anyone finding the Cabbage Captcha never works first time you send a text but if you send a few together it'll be OK for the next few??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,372 ✭✭✭jgbyr

Is anyone finding the Cabbage Captcha never works first time you send a text but if you send a few together it'll be OK for the next few??

As far as know that's down to the website. The first message requires the captcha but if you then send a few together in a short time period captchas are not needed. It works that way for me when I use cabbage or the website directly.

• Advertisement

jgbyr wrote: »
    As far as know that's down to the website. The first message requires the captcha but if you then send a few together in a short time period captchas are not needed. It works that way for me when I use cabbage or the website directly.

Yeah, but wasn't the point of the Captcha App to stop us from having to manually enter the captcha. If anything it's just slowing me down now because it takes ages to decide it can't read the thing.

BTW, I'm not runnign down this App as I think it's class and full respect to the developer who did it ad free and gives us it for nothing. Just wondering if there's a solution.

Yeah, but wasn't the point of the Captcha App to stop us from having to manually enter the captcha. If anything it's just slowing me down now because it takes ages to decide it can't read the thing.

BTW, I'm not runnign down this App as I think it's class and full respect to the developer who did it ad free and gives us it for nothing. Just wondering if there's a solution.

No the captcha app allows cabbage to still work by allowing us to enter it. It's never automatically filled it in.

No the captcha app allows cabbage to still work by allowing us to enter it. It's never automatically filled it in.

Not true. It did automatically fill out Captchas but it is not 100% successful. Goto your apps and start cabbage Captcha, it will tell you what it's supposed to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

I'm finding that I get 'failed' the first time I enter the captcha, and have to enter a new one. I actually don't care, but this is new. After that, for messages sent in fairly quick succession, there is no captcha requirement, as normal.

As the lads said it the captcha app used to work 85-90% of the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭JCB1

So would this be the address:
    https://www.vodafone.ie/myv/messaging/webtext

Going to try webtxtr as it has a server address which has the cabbage texter address currently in it.

Did this work ?

JCB1 wrote: »
    Did this work ?

no

i notice vodafone has got rid of the cappcha now.

i notice vodafone has got rid of the cappcha now.
    Tried it a while ago & it presented a captcha.

• Advertisement

Tried it a while ago & it presented a captcha.

there's no captcha on the website now

Advertisement