Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Alarm going off when not armed

13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭TheBza

Cheers, appreciate it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Beckyrk83

Hi - I was hoping someone might be able to tell me how to turn this alarm off completely? We are having trouble with ours and until I can get it fixed I want to shut it down completely to avoid up setting our neighbours. Many thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You can power it down completely.
    Can you tell me what mske/model the system is and describe the external bell.
    The reason being some of the older bells can ring for hours or days when powered down.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

Folks,
    Does anyone have an engineers manual/code for Scopetronic Homeguard alarm.
    Just bought a house and the power was off for a few weeks and it looks like the alarm system has reset as the
    code I was given isn't working.
    I have done a temp disable job on it but I would like to get the system working again.

Thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Hi
    I sent you a PM with those manuals. I hope they help.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭meisce

KoolKid wrote: »
    Hi
    I sent you a PM with those manuals. I hope they help.

Thanks a million for that hopefully i get it back to work again.

You are welcome. Any bother give us a shout back.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

Was going to start a new thread but just saw this one. I have an eircom phonewatch alarm which was installed in 2006. I discontinued the monitoring a year ago and now a local engineer services it, most recently last September when the batteries were replaced. Recently however the alarm goes off regularly during the night and according to the system status button it's always the front door sensor. When I turn off the alarm I tend not to set it again in case it goes off again, but it will still beep a few times even though it's disarmed. Had the engineer look at it last week and he's at a loss as to what is causing it. The alarm never goes off during the day when I'm away or when I am in the house - only during the night. I only alarm the windows and doors at night, never the internal motion sensors. I am happy that nobody is at the door as I have sensor lights and a camera. I thought it might have been a draught coming in at the top of the door where the sensor is, but the Engineer says it's not. In my previous home I had a front door sensor which was 'too sensitive' and I got it toned down (not an Eircom Phonewatch system though) , but again the Engineer says this can't be done on this system. Has anybody else had this experience and I would welcome any ideas as to how it can be resolved.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Delboy2116

Hi,

I have a scopetronic vista 3 alarm.
    Recently it just started alarming even though it wasnt turned on.
    I reset and it alarms again.
    It also intermittently starts beeping.
    I am hoping I just need to swap out the battery.
    Any advice?????
    Thanks
    D

What displays after you disarm it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Delboy2116

Hi,

alarm just went off now.
    reset it.
    showed a 6, then a t, then an F.
    What you think???
    D

Id say its t b f
    That would be tamper external bell /fuse.
    It may be h#just a fuse or a problem with the external bell itself.

Advertisement