Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DG 34 transfer thread

Options
  • 16-04-2024 1:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭

This will be the week most chips are played I'd imagine, with FH BB and even TC on the cards, on FH myself but hard finalize a team with last few places

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,255 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

On FH too, 1st draft.

Waiting for press conference about RANs availability.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,232 ✭✭✭munster87

I have Olise over Sarabia…don't know if I'll stick with both Eze and Olise though, seems overkill

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭fplfan12345

This is the plan for now.

If RAN is ruled out, I will draft in Kilman.

RAN may or may not get the armband. 😉

with funds being no problem there’ll be a lot of points on the benches.

A lot of 50/50 calls could be painful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Would BB be a good idea this week? I've two free transfers. Was going to wait until GW37 after WC in 35, but am tempted to play it now....

Depends on who you bring in for Bradley and Areola, but yeah, not the worst idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭skippy15

Ye its just the Cunha upfront i'm not mad on, have enough for something similar and just moving Cunha to Haaland which im tempted by despite the form

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Yeah I'd see if I can BB that, need to get to 15 players tho, have ya any money ITB?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Think I'll get in Sa this week, not too confident in a CS but have a one week punt before a Wildcard.

Tough decision on who to bench, seems madness to bench Palmer. Bolded players are doubles

Jose Sa

VVD Saliba Doughty

Havertz Saka Salah Foden/Palmer

Solanke Darwin Watkins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭cullenswood

Yeah 4.5m ITB, so can play around a bit alright, and don't mind taking a small hit

• Registered Users Posts: 15,185 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

I'm using BB myself, with 2 FTs, and with Bradley injured & Son having no game the transfers out are fairly easy.

The transfers in are the tricky thing. I was going to do VVD as a nailed Liverpool defence but their defence is not keeping clean sheets so I'm re-thinking that. I had plans Eze being the other player to bring in, but had also thought about Garnacho, but that is swung back to Eze again as a differential punt. Olise being back will help him.

Currently looking at this, with doublers (10) in bold

Neto Flekken

DEF Gabriel Brandwaithe RAN Lewis

Saka Salah MID Palmer Foden

Nunez Cunha Haaland

• Registered Users Posts: 17,236 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Muniz out for either Cunha or Mateta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Going with a very similar team too on FH. Do you think TAA will play both games? I think I'll opt out of Ait Nouri, as it'll be too hit and miss with him. I'll have a Palace defender and maybe Pickford in goals (I can just see him getting a random haul over the DGW).

I don't think Trent is fit enough to start that many games so close together yet.

He was left on the bench in his first game back, and played more minutes than expected on his return due to Bradley's injury. He was probably hoping to play 20-30 mins that game against Palace and while he had a big impact when he came on initially, the sustained play was not there yet. Expected after a couple of months to be fair.

Liverpool play 4 away games in the next 10 days. With Bradley injured, and Trent returning from injury, you would expect Gomez to get at least one start in there. I reckon that Trent plays 60 mins against Atalanta anyways and depending how much he plays against Atalanta, it might dictate how much he plays against Fulham, which again dictates how much against Everton & West Ham. My initial thinking would be that he starts against Atalanta, sub Fulham, starts Everton and then the league position / Europa League situation will dictate whether he starts against West Ham again.

Waiting to see what happens with him on thursday, will probably bring in VVD.

With RAN, will probably start Munoz or bring in Kilman.

Waiting for any info from pressers too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,639 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Have got Eze in for Gordon and have 1FT left. Either Doughty to Munoz/RAN and bench Brathwaite or Haaland to Nunez

So Wolves presser, RAN and Cunha not starting this weekend.

Would Hee Chan play up top then?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Im free hitting and struggling to come up with a team I'm happy with. On this at the minute

What do people think of Haaland this week? Will he play in the cup game or will Pep 'risk' starting Alvarez instead and keep Haaland for the league game instead? Pep will want to win the league over the cup. As I type that, I have sort of convinced myself that that is what happens, therefore Haaland starts the league game which is another 5 or 6 days away.

The Wolves injury situation has fairly screwed my BB plans anyways, I can't take the risk on Cunha or RAN only playing 1 game between them from 4. I won't get all 4 games anyways, and that is on top of the Man City trio at risk too. I originally had 10 DGW players with a Man City trio as bench + Flekken.

If I hold off until 37 for BB, and using only FTs until then I can get to the 6 DGW players, maybe 7 depending on Pep, with a good bench of single GW players with decent fixtures. I probably just have to.

There's too many flags here for a BB isn't there? Doing Cunha → Solanke (-4) would mean that I would have to do VVD → someone like Zinchenko/White/a lower priced Liverpool defender but there is a risk that they don't start twice and/or keep a CS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,637 ✭✭✭shmeee

A few similar. Benching your 3rd Liverpool asset not a waste of a Liverpool spot?

I'm also thinking of going White to Robbo and Diaz to Havertz for a triple Arsenal attack. TAA a xMins risk. But high ceiling.

I'm chasing rank and after a disaster of a few GW's.

Wolves have rightly messed up your BB plans when it would have looked tasty earlier in the week.

You just don't know with City & Pep but Haaland doesn't look "on it" last few weeks. It's a risk along with getting the defender who play's twice especially for a -4. I don't mind taking a chance with TAA etc on a FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,024 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

I don't think Trent will start this week and doesn't odegaard have an issue too? It's a tough week and impossible to spend the budget for once

Ya, I'm just trying to go against the template FH a bit is all to gain rank. Many ahead in ML have FH chip so may play it safe. Havertz will swap in there I'm sure before deadline, but very little updates on Odegaard so do I take the chance. Twitter knows nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,053 ✭✭✭COH

Madness to go without Salah this week? I can't get him in without taking Haaland out for a hit

Tough call because we don’t know the extent of Haaland’s injury.

I have Branthwaite as first sub so he’ll come in if Haaland doesn’t play.

I don’t really want that so I’m considering a -4 of Haaland to Mateta. Have WC to get Haaland back so no problem there.

Is it worth it ?

Also, would you go with Diaz of LFC or Olise if you had the choice for this GW ?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

who to bench?

Isak or Palmer can't believe I'm thinking of benching the best player in the league but think

after the cup match I might bench Cole

currently with mateta isak solanke

saka mc allister salah bruno palmer (can't bench bruno at home to sheff u, think he might match most

of the dgw players)

only have gabriel doughty and raya in defence with Estu my only other fit defender

no idea who to bring in there, Ait Nouri was the plan but he'll miss the first game

Bench wise, I'd bench Isak, but that's hard. It's a pain also teams playing Cup before league game and deadline has passed, god only knows what potential injuries could happen so having a decent enough and playing 1st/2nd sub this week if not on FH.

Can you get to VvD, nailed for xMins? TAA and Robbo high risk with potential high reward.

I like your Bruno pick, have to start him..I'd him on a few FH drafts and can easily get double digit haul.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,830 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

I'm struggling with any pool defender

They've conceded in 8 of last 9 with 4 being at home to palace burnley sheff utd and Luton so only

2 returns for Vvd in that with one goal one cs

It's possible they might get something away to Everton but can't see a cs away to Fulham

I'll probably go with Trent, he's 8th of all defenders despite missing ten games so maybe worth the risk

Advertisement