Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭Jack burton

Well we went to chinatown

there was.......big trouble

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Was it Mao than it was worth?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

I'm sure your reflexes got ya through.

Well I did get a watch for $2 in a korean pound shop then we saw a woman who was shoplifting, and lets face it if youre robbing from pound city you're a certain type of person, get absolutly mauled by security. One fella was literally tearing out of her, cops were there in about 90 seconds then, best entertainment of the holiday

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Well I did get a watch for $2 in a korean pound shop then we saw a woman who was shoplifting, and lets face it if youre robbing from pound city you're a certain type of person, get absolutly mauled by security. One fella was literally tearing out of her, cops were there in about 90 seconds then, best entertainment of the holiday

tumblr_ma8v2ekxaO1rc4xhwo1_400.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

Just a heads up for those that don’t know. If you buy something from China(from say Play-Asia) and have it shipped via Fedex and there’s an issue with the paperwork(an issue on the sellers side, not yours). You can still get a bill in the door for import duty and fees in Ireland.

A month or so ago I purchased a few bits from Play-Asia to the value of about 100-120 euro. Had them shipped via Fedex and it showed up as delivered in Ireland 8 hours after shipping from China(unlikely for sure). After chasing them up I was told as was ok and just to wait for the delivery. So I waited 3 weeks and nothing so contacted them and was told there was an issue and the stuff never even left China. I went mental with them and got a full refund and some other freebies.

So I thought all was sorted until last Thursday when I got a letter in the door from Fedex looking for 35 euros for this delivery(import duty/VAT/Handling fee etc). I rang them and was told I didn’t have to pay as nothing was shipped to me!

Anyway, lucky I didn’t pay online thinking they had a package to release to me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Myrddin wrote: »
    Lol

Give me the summary of that long video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

eddhorse wrote: »

VGA grading is still bull***t

eddhorse wrote: »

It's explained in the first 90 seconds. Basically, someone in the UK got a game graded, they they cut the game out of the grading case, sent it back in to be graded, and it came back with a higher rating. The whole grading thing is a farce really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

I will never understand exactly why anyone ever felt it necessary to have a video game graded, or why they feel it increases the value. Realistically, it should only increase the value by the price of the plastic case it's been put in.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

I will never understand exactly why anyone ever felt it necessary to have a video game graded, or why they feel it increases the value. Realistically, it should only increase the value by the price of the plastic case it's been put in.

Doesn't make much sense for sure. Anyone that's into collecting in anyway will have enough brain cells to know it's a con and not worth the silly asking price versus the same game not graded. And for other folks not into collecting but just looking to get an old game they want to play again - they don't care about grading or what condition the game is in (assuming it works ofc) and will buy the cheapest available.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,479 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Doesn't make much sense for sure. Anyone that's into collecting in anyway will have enough brain cells to know it's a con and not worth the silly asking price versus the same game not graded. And for other folks not into collecting but just looking to get an old game they want to play again - they don't care about grading or what condition the game is in (assuming it works ofc) and will buy the cheapest available.

That's a great point, so who exactly are their intended market? :confused:

o1s1n wrote: »
    That's a great point, so who exactly are their intended market? :confused:

I've often wondered that myself...do people actually browse ebay, see a graded & game, & buy it?? :confused: Perhaps the odd nutjob collector, but certainly not enough to make it a viable 'thing' I'd have thought. Total nonsense anyway...

Start a game grading service, unseal and steal games sent and reseal and stick in sealed acrylic case….profit!? :)
    I wonder has it ever happened?

Steve X2 wrote: »
    Start a game grading service, unseal and steal games sent and reseal and stick in sealed acrylic case….profit!? :)
    I wonder has it ever happened?

I doubt it, if it ever got out then the 'reputation' of the grading service would be ruined. Plus, unless it's a really rare game...the stolen cart alone would probably be worth less than what they've gotten to grade the game. The scam is the grading, nothing more is needed :(

I doubt it, if it ever got out then the 'reputation' of the grading service would be ruined. Plus, unless it's a really rare game...the stolen cart alone would probably be worth less than what they've gotten to grade the game. The scam is the grading, nothing more is needed :(

Yeah true.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Just got an email from Data Discs and Outrun is the next release, preorders are this Saturday. I've gotten most of them so far except the Shenmue one, I love the Outrun music so have to get on this

http://data-discs.com/products/outrun

Master of the Universe

I've refused to buy one of these due to the following forseeable chain of events;

Buy a data disc > buy an entry level turntable > buy a second data disc > buy all data discs > buy a really high end turntable and surviving on beans for the month > start collecting ALL the vinyl > death.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,825 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

You forgot the grow a ridiculous moustache and turn into a hipster part.

Master of the Universe

Just browsing through some old posts in the 'everytime you get something new thread'

Just found this gem from 09 :pac:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=63129019&postcount=65

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

My favourite is still the one about something being posted in the used pizza box. Was it some form of board?
    tumblr_m4v6pzOAId1r9y21yo1_500.gif

What's the story with that one, is it a rare artwork one or something?

Master of the Universe

Haha! Ah man, that was hilarious - poor guy nearly had a heart attack.

'So Niall, remember you picked up that PAL Lost Vikings 2 in Tesco a couple of years ago?'

'Yep'

'Remember it was sealed?'

'yep'

'Remember you tore it out of it's packaging and you didn't even have a snes to play it on?'

'......yep.....'

'Google what an unsealed one goes for'

'...'

In all fairness to the chap, he let me keep the game. If I was him I'd have bashed my head in with it :pac;

Master of the Universe

What's the story with that one, is it a rare artwork one or something?

It's a 200-300 euro game complete in box. (PAL version)

Still sealed? Would have been a massive chunk of change.

o1s1n wrote: »
    It's a 200-300 euro game complete in box. (PAL version)

Still sealed? Would have been a massive chunk of change.

It's the "It gets worse" bit, followed by the picture that had me wondering...I thought there was something more to it. You'd be sick though...that Wily Wars one is a cracker though :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,109 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

My favourite is still the one about something being posted in the used pizza box. Was it some form of board?

I think it might have been CathalDublin or Keithgeo (could be wrong) that bought a pcb which came delivered in a used pizza box. That's some piss take by the seller right there! Unless they thought he was a Ninja Turtle or something. :D

• Advertisement

I'm gonna have to unfriend Steve Bailey on Facebook. Its too hazardous for the wallet :)
    He does have some reasonable priced stuff though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement