Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General Arcade and Retro Chat - Insert Coin -

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Myrddin wrote: »
    Not a hope, it didn't with those Genesis rereleases, no reason to think this'll be any different. These are novelties, collectors will still want the real deal. These could become collectable in their own right though, especially if they start releasing different versions with different games etc

Might lose a lot of casual retro gamers though. The likes going into Rage and spending €50 on a Mario game.
    The serious collectors, ie., most of the posters on here will still collect and use original stuff.
    This looks better than the sega system that is about and it's made by the original company and sold by them.
    Will the games run 50hz or 60hz I wonder.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

No AC adaptor with the UK version, have to buy it yourself.

Have to say I love how they randomly put in StarTropics in the lineup.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,114 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

These could become collectable in their own right though, especially if they start releasing different versions with different games etc

Which is pretty much Nintendo through and through these days, milk the crap out of their back catalogue. Will send the link on to the brother though as he was hooked playing SMB3 on the original NES in my place recently. Shame the games list is fixed though.
    Corholio wrote: »
    No AC adaptor with the UK version, have to buy it yourself.

Says it's powered by a USB cable so I'm guessing a USB AC adapter from a mobile phone will work fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

They done something similar with one of the handhelds recently as well ? i.e. shipping without power supplies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Might lose a lot of casual retro gamers though. The likes going into Rage and spending €50 on a Mario game.
    The serious collectors, ie., most of the posters on here will still collect and use original stuff.
    This looks better than the sega system that is about and it's made by the original company and sold by them.
    Will the games run 50hz or 60hz I wonder.

Possibly, I still doubt it though. The fixed games line up will probably ensure those people keep paying money for carts, as opposed to being tied down to a set list. Also, 'fad collectors' would probably see this as a gimmick, rather than seeing it as a cool little thing. Those people are in the 'its old so its cool' school, making something like this of little interest to them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,850 ✭✭✭Steve X2

They done something similar with one of the handhelds recently as well ? i.e. shipping without power supplies

Dont all 3DS'seses arrive without power cable? I ordered a limited edition one there last week and it didn't have one anyway.

Yup, they ship without psu's. I don't see this as a huge deal for the Nintendo Mini, it sounds like it could be powered by a half peeled orange, so likely a usb phone charger will do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭DinoRex

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    My biggest gripe with Ghostbusters, was the theme song cover. It was horrible, just use the original song - its still class.

Oh and the dumb bevel added to probably one of the best logos of all time in a lazy attempt to modernise it.

Also unfortunately a sequel will most likely be doing more re-threading of old ground if the post-credits scene is anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

Love the new mini nes just a pity that boulder dash isn't on it :(

Sparks43 wrote: »
    Love the new mini nes just a pity that boulder dash isn't on it :(

Isn't that just a Repton clone? :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,534 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

DinoRex wrote: »
    Oh and the dumb bevel added to probably one of the best logos of all time in a lazy attempt to modernise it.

Also unfortunately a sequel will most likely be doing more re-threading of old ground if the post-credits scene is anything to go by.

Didn't know there was an after credit scene, thanks

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

DinoRex wrote: »

Bugger, stayed until the, presumably, edited out dance scene was on during the credits and then left.
    Edit: Just looked them up... hmmm....
    Seems to me that the events of GB actually happened in the new universe but it's been "managed" away, loved Murray's scenes, brilliant!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

Is it Retr0 that has 1cc Ghouls N Ghosts or Ghosts N Goblins?

Finally beat Ghouls N Ghosts, wasnt 1cc or anything but damn its difficult, especially when you get the wrong weapon.

E2548A3E-D536-48E8-AB4F-F31B1129A1B2_zpsukudfscs.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,529 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Yeah, Retr0 can do it but only when no one is looking, otherwise the stick gets the blame! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

Disappointed that Castlevania II is on this but not III. But what I really fear is that for the EU version of the mini console, we'll have the games playing in 50hz speed. No one would want that now, would they?
    Not a hope, it didn't with those Genesis rereleases, no reason to think this'll be any different. These are novelties, collectors will still want the real deal. These could become collectable in their own right though, especially if they start releasing different versions with different games etc
    Did someone say...Genesis...on an Irish forum? WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT NAME HERE!

But what I really fear is that for the EU version of the mini console, we'll have the games playing in 50hz speed. No one would want that now, would they?

Well the HDMI could stretch it all also so hard to know yet.
    I dont get why they did two different boxes, one for US and one for EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,993 ✭✭✭Nerdkiller1991

eddhorse wrote: »
    Well the HDMI could stretch it all also so hard to know yet.
    I dont get why they did two different boxes, one for US and one for EU.
    The same reason why Zelda games there get that tacky gold artwork over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,951 ✭✭✭Doge

Does it use the original controller ports like a real NES?

Never actually owned a NES so hence the question.

Doge wrote: »
    Does it use the original controller ports like a real NES?

Never actually owned a NES so hence the question.

No. They use the same port you find at the base of the Wii remote. So the Wii Classic Controller or Classic Controller Pro will also work as a second controller. You have to use the NES Classic Controller in one of the ports - don't confuse Classic with original, it's Classic as in the new controller styled like the original. Ah Ninty...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,824 ✭✭✭ShooterSF

How about one of these guys so :pac:

411rxh6nW7L.jpg

Nes/Snes to Wii adapter.

• Advertisement

Did someone say...Genesis...on an Irish forum? WE DO NOT SPEAK OF THAT NAME HERE!

Ha, guilty as charged. For some reason, I had it in my head that those Megadrive re-releases were called Genesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,717 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

ShooterSF wrote: »
    How about one of these guys so :pac:

411rxh6nW7L.jpg

Nes/Snes to Wii adapter.

Hmm not sure how well it works with NES controllers given that it appears to be using a Megadrive port...

Hmm not sure how well it works with NES controllers given that it appears to be using a Megadrive port...

Perhaps there's another side to the adaptor?

Edit: nope, no other side sneaky ports, but there is an adaptor for your adaptor that comes with it to allow the NES controller to be plugged into the MD port.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,826 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

eddhorse wrote: »
    Is it Retr0 that has 1cc Ghouls N Ghosts or Ghosts N Goblins?

Finally beat Ghouls N Ghosts, wasnt 1cc or anything but damn its difficult, especially when you get the wrong weapon.

E2548A3E-D536-48E8-AB4F-F31B1129A1B2_zpsukudfscs.jpg

Congrats, I used to be able to but it wasn't a sure thing, that game can get awful mean. I never beat it on the highest dip switch settings either, it's just brutal there, ever weapon drop is usually fire or the sword and it's a lottery if you can pick up the daggers.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Congraturation!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Still remember that beers when Retr0 attempted to repeat his mythical childhood feat :)

Still remember that beers when Retr0 attempted to repeat his mythical childhood feat :)

Great days indeed.
    Well, it was his own fault for attempting it on my crappy clone stick thingy.
    51EUC6lbDxL.jpg
    His hubris was his downfall....
    And we will rejoice in reminding him on a semi regular basis!

Star Lord wrote: »
    Congraturation!

Yeah the translation is terrible, it also mentions "Michael" in the end sequence, who the hell is Michael, I'm Arthur !!
    The ending was poorly translated into English. The final boss Lucifer was renamed Loki and St. Michael was renamed Valkyr.

The worst thing that can happen is accidently picking up a terrible weapon, better off starting again sometimes.
    Also its a cheap shot getting you to redo the game a second time before you can fight Lucifer.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

A prototype of the never released North American N64 DD add on was discovered by well known youtuber MetalJesusRocks

original.jpg

• Advertisement

Could see that being worth mega money.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement