Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 20,042 ✭✭✭✭neris

The money supermarket ads with the "builders" & guys in hotpants and high heels is quite disturbing

• Registered Users Posts: 73,388 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Yes. Kids in insurance ads, like that hello.ie or low.ie or whatever it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,610 ✭✭✭stoneill

Any add that claim their product is "two times faster" rather than twice as fast.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭Shannon757

The More Than ad with the ****e song.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 Pablo7285

Love your home
    Love Your Home
    Show The world you love your home

Drives me up the wall!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭denlaw

neris wrote: »
    The money supermarket ads with the "builders" & guys in hotpants and high heels is quite disturbing

I was just gonna say this one, makes me feel quesy...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Pentecost

The Flash ad. They've mangled the Flash Gordon theme in the most horrific way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

I think that whole range of adverts deserves their own thread :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,316 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

awwww i think its funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,853 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Pentecost wrote: »
    I actually think it's inspired.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Pentecost wrote: »

You B4ST4RD :D Since reading that post this morning I've had the lyrics of that advert bouncing around in my head and I just can't get rid of them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 17,321 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

The one with the kittens coming out of the bags of chocolates that a group of women are eating. Can't remember who it's for again. Either way I don't get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I will probably grow to hate it, but at the moment I love the wee daniel ad for registered gas installers.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

There's one at the moment for the LOTTO featuring a horrible dancing and gyrating little green monster/genie that looks like something from another advertisement shown last year.

I cannot bear to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Sounds
    EMar Sounds

I'm a pro! and my mind needs to be on the music,
    That's why I wear tampax and play pippidy pop crappy happy-hardcore to my adoring fans,
    Cheapest crappiest edm piece of trash playin in the background.

Actually the advert just reminds me of all that cheap crap that's been pushed out the last few years,
    You know it when you hear it, at least if you can distinguish decent music from crappy music.

dee..dee. dee. dee. dee. dee. dee. dee .dee.dee.. saw.. dee ..dee. de.. saw

Just saying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

'I heard you had a great game today young lady'.

'I heard you had a great game today young lady'.

Horrendous ad. What a load of absolute b0llocks too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Im sure its been mentioned here already but any of the multitude of ads with kids hilariously acting like and saying adult things.

That Gerard Butler just on with his irritating gravelly voice there now. Man of today? Pain in the hole :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

New one for me and its a bit specific because the ad is not that bad but I just hate rebranded old ideas.

I give you the really old idea that backpackers and campers have been using for years pots with removable handles - tefal ingenio

Anyone who has a trangia camping stove set will know what I mean.

• Advertisement
    EMar Sounds

Im sure its been mentioned here already but any of the multitude of ads with kids hilariously acting like and saying adult things.

We are 7, you are not!! you need help.. actually I like that one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

I like the Chill car insurance one :o

Sounds wrote: »
    We are 7, you are not!! you need help.. actually I like that one.

"Is she diesel?" as the kid dreams of AIB negative equity.

EMar Sounds

"Is she diesel?" as the kid dreams of AIB negative equity.

Rite lil mickey man int he.. cool tho, some kids are way ahead of their time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Sounds wrote: »
    Rite lil mickey man int he.. cool tho, some kids are way ahead of their time.

he will have a 'cringefit' at that advert when he gets older and its on youtube (or whatever replaces youtube by that time)

he will have a 'cringefit' at that advert when he gets older and its on youtube (or whatever replaces youtube by that time)

Ah he ll be addicted to substances, the little scallywag wont even remember doing the ad by then.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,731 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

Ah he ll be addicted to substances, the little scallywag wont even remember doing the ad by then.

haha - he might end up like that kevin home alone kid from the 80's .. have you seen the shtate of him these days, he's high on something alright...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

The Aldi rugby ad. I don't want to get kicked off this thing so I'll leave it at that. You can deduce what you want from that.

A standard bug bearer for me is the "aren't women deadly, aren't men dopes or scumbags ones"

Always Ultra 1: the goalkeeper. "Just because I'm a woman does that mean I'm going to mess up?" Emmmmm no!

Always Ultra 2: with that posh kid that says "don't you deeeh (dare)"

Maltesers: the one where the girl break up with the guy and tells him to go live with his Mum (her words), then flicks the Malteser. Heinous, worst of the lot!

Apache Pizza: Like a rushed ad designed as part of one of the tasks in The Apprentice. Terrible.

The "you're doing great Mums". I don't know who that insults more.

I'm sure there are others.

ligerdub wrote: »
    The Aldi rugby ad. I don't want to get kicked off this thing so I'll leave it at that. You can deduce what you want from that.

A standard bug bearer for me is the "aren't women deadly, aren't men dopes or scumbags ones"

Always Ultra 1: the goalkeeper. "Just because I'm a woman does that mean I'm going to mess up?" Emmmmm no!

Always Ultra 2: with that posh kid that says "don't you deeeh (dare)"

Maltesers: the one where the girl break up with the guy and tells him to go live with his Mum, then flicks the Malteser. Heinous, worst of the lot!

Apache Pizza: Like a rushed ad designed as part of one of the tasks in The Apprentice. Terrible.

The "you're doing great Mums". I don't know who that insults more.

I'm sure there are others.

The Apache Pizza song writers do just about enough to avoid copyright infringement of "All About That Bass" by Meghan Trainor, didnt think it was possible to make that song even worse

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Ernest

That Aldi television commercial which was repeated endlessly showing two proud mothers outdoing each other in boasting about their children's non-existent 'achievements'. Stupid, boring, repetitive, pointless, unconvincing. How much money was wasted on it?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement