Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Bumbleton wrote: »
    For anyone in Batch 1 wondering about when results might be issued I just got a response that results aren't ready yet and that they are still in progress because assessments were ongoing up until 3rd March. They hope to issue them at some stage next week!

Got the same email but that date they gave us of 3rd March doesn't make sense? Does she mean April 3rd as I had my interview and e tray on 28th March and I'm batch 1 Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

Got the same email but that date they gave us of 3rd March doesn't make sense? Does she mean April 3rd as I had my interview and e tray on 28th March and I'm batch 1 Dublin.

The last day of interviews was 31st March I imagine she just left out the 1.

They'd save themselves a lot of phonecalls and e-mails if they just issued a date they would be released by. Factor in delays and sure if people get them early all the better.

Even if they gave everyone the same time rather than say 3 weeks to one and something else to another. It's frustrating.

I'm fairly confident I failed my e-tray but want to be put out of my misery :(

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

I just want to know either way. It's a straightforward process to get the results, they're not panning for gold.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭corny

Why are ye getting so upset? You can't effect it so don't worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Hovelette

People are upset because each week they're gearing themselves up for news, and it doesn't come. Especially those who are not confident about their chances, it's just a long old wait. As people said, if you had a definite date you could put it out of your mind until then, but when it's all up in their air it's frustrating.

• Advertisement

corny wrote: »

I have to make a decision about taking another job by Monday, so the delay is pretty significant for me. Don't want to pass up a definite job if I didn't get through, don't want to sign a contract for a less ideal job if I did.

I'm not so much upset as frustrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Catuohy89

corny wrote: »

Easier said than done when you need to make decisions based on the outcome of the results.... while you might not need to worry about it others do.

• Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭Butterfly182

Catuohy89 wrote: »
    Easier said than done when you need to make decisions based on the outcome of the results.... while you might not need to worry about it others do.

Exactly.... as it stands I have to pay UCD 500 euro non refundable to do a masters that I won't do if I got EO.

I also just got an email to say I'm invited to attend an interview for TCO competition next week. I wouldn't have to go to the expense of going to an interview if I knew I had the EO job.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Rosie_ob

While I am glad they are moving on to regional interviews I wish they just concentrated on the current task of batch one and then move on. It has to have a delaying effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭ros260

I think the main reason people are getting annoyed is this is the make or break stage. If this was a earlier stage in the process I don't think there would be anywhere near the same frustration. Or offic ourselves If there was a definitive date

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭Sparkles27

Quick question guys, it says to return the form to the advertisement of the job on the publicjobs website, am I being really thick here but I can't find it! Has anybody got the link handy?

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Sparkles27 wrote: »
    Quick question guys, it says to return the form to the advertisement of the job on the publicjobs website, am I being really thick here but I can't find it! Has anybody got the link handy?
    It's under your My Applications in your public jobs profile as far as I remember.

eimaj77 wrote: »
    It's under your My Applications in your public jobs profile as far as I remember.

Thanks eimaj77, that's where I was thinking it would be but all I can see there is my application form. I can't click on the campaign name? I'll keep looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Form just sent in :-) hopefully interview days and times are out tomorrow evening as I need to get on sorting time off work

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

completing my stage 3 forms now, did you include your leaving cert results or just 3rd level

also how much detail did you provide in supplementary information - did you provide detail addressing each of the competencies? About how long does it need to be? I always get worked up about these things and doubt myself!!

Found it ;) the link was in the email they had sent! I was just searching on their website.

Good luck with your results, hope ye hear very soon :)

80sbaby wrote: »
    completing my stage 3 forms now, did you include your leaving cert results or just 3rd level

also how much detail did you provide in supplementary information - did you provide detail addressing each of the competencies? About how long does it need to be? I always get worked up about these things and doubt myself!!

I put very little into the supplementary info section. I figure if they wanted us to list things about ourselves relating to competencies they would have asked that specifically. I just mentioned some short (non fetac) courses I had done to upskill and such. I will discuss competencies at interview

Did ye put in your actual Leaving Cert results by subject?

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭keepkeyyellow

I just listed the few training courses I did and some committee positions in college and my main achievement from them and some awards I won.

Didnt include jc results and just listed the subjects and points of lc as I have my degree anyway

Anyone already completed stage 3 - just wondering, did you have to bring a written reference to your interview, what if you've been with your current employer for more than 3 years?
    do they give you a form for your references to complete? I am just wondering if I should get a head start organising my references

thank you!

• Advertisement

Did you include salaries in job descriptions?? seems a funny thing to ask??

• Registered Users Posts: 28 seamsam

Did you include salaries in job descriptions?? seems a funny thing to ask??

i would give an approximate salary. in the supplementary infor I would give just enough infor but not an essay!!! Got to be boring reading them all, IN qualifications i just put in a degree and diploma.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Cailin1234

I stupidly didn't save the job description & it's not available on the website anymore. Does anyone have it saved that they could post it here?
    I can't even remember where it said the jobs were for! Could someone please enlighten me?! 😄 I'm for the regional areas & have to submit my stage 3 form tomorrow.

Anyone want to ring and ask when times and dates will be out? I'd do it but they're definitely spitting my name up there as of late.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭eimaj18

Anyone want to ring and ask when times and dates will be out? I'd do it but they're definitely spitting my name up there as of late.
    That's gas. I literally just rang. They're still saying the end of the month. :-( I'm just going to try and put it out of my mind for a few days. I don't have a huge amount depending on it like others but I'd still really like to know sooner rather than later. If I don't get it, I think I'll apply for a transfer in my place to another unit. I just need a change. I love my unit though.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you were looking for interviews times and dates. I know that it was a couple of days before we heard dates.

They left it very close to the wire with us, some of us only got six days notice.

That's gas. I literally just rang. They're still saying the end of the month. :-( I'm just going to try and put it out of my mind for a few days. I don't have a huge amount depending on it like others but I'd still really like to know sooner rather than later. If I don't get it, I think I'll apply for a transfer in my place to another unit. I just need a change. I love my unit though.

EDIT: Oh sorry, you were looking for interviews times and dates. I know that it was a couple of days before we heard dates.

Yeah interview dates with me - I'd rather book a cheap train than a cheap bus!

Hope you get your results soon enough

I sent off an email asking about batch 1.2 stage three days and times and will update if I get a reply. I haven't time to call today but I'm in office all day on my own tomorrow so might give them a buzz.

Interview dates are out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 stinkycat

One of the requirements is to bring a reference from your previous employer which covers the last 3 years. I have been employed by my current employer for 5 years ~ will they accept a reference from an older employer in this situation?

Advertisement