Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2016 Open and Interdepartmental Assistant Principal in Civil Service competition.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Murraymint81

I would agree that batch 2 will be for Dublin vacancies. Although there are a few retirements at APO across the country due, just depends if they go once they have there 40yrs completed. I know of 2 APOs in a rural county that have over 40yrs done and are over 60 but have no intention of retiring.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭gics

Even with any retirements there are A lot of people in batch one who have selected regional locations and will prob never get called, myself included. Movement at regional level is seriously limited and for any vacancies that do come up I would imagine they will fill by transfers first of people who took Dublin and waited out their three years and are now looking to get back.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Dolly1978

I rang PAS today re regional panel. The guy I spoke to said they hadn't that information as yet as it hadn't been passed to clearance as yet. He said they should be able to let me know as soon as it was. Was a very helpful guy and gave me the batch 1 panel numbers for my regions.

Dolly1978 wrote: »
    I rang PAS today re regional panel. The guy I spoke to said they hadn't that information as yet as it hadn't been passed to clearance as yet. He said they should be able to let me know as soon as it was. Was a very helpful guy and gave me the batch 1 panel numbers for my regions.

I'm in Batch 2 early teens

• Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

Does anyone know if PAS are going to ask people in Batch 1 if they'd consider Dublin even if they applied for 2 regional locations? I heard they did this for the first batch in the last HEO competition. I'm just trying to figure out when they could start on Batch 2.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭coloneldecker

Has anybody asked for Dublin panel numbers at any stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Link3n

Apparently, up to 90 in Dublin. How many were called back for first Batch? Would 90 of them have had Dublin down on their selection?

Do you mean in Batch 1 they have appointed 90 APs in Dublin or there were 90 on the Dublin panel altogether?

I thought they said 90 were appointed so far. That is why I am confused, would 90 of the 128 from batch 1 have had Dublin down?
    Maybe I took it up wrong.

I believe they have reached around number 90 in the open panel for Dublin but this has meant that they have just passed over anyone who did not have Dublin selected so there have not been 90 jobs

• Advertisement

Thanks. That makes more sense.

gics wrote: »
    I believe they have reached around number 90 in the open panel for Dublin but this has meant that they have just passed over anyone who did not have Dublin selected so there have not been 90 jobs

But according to a poster here they are on 1?? on the open so they are beyond 90. It seems plausible to me that there were 90 of the 145 (thats the number I thought were on the panel after Batch 1 but not sure where I got that figure from so am open to correction) that had Dublin as one of their selections so maybe 90 was the total on the Dublin panel and they are still working on that before moving to Batch 2 with Dublin selections? Also I think I may be overthinking this!

They have not yet reached everyone in batch one who has Dublin listed so although I'm not certain what number they are on there is still people on batch waiting for Dublin.

They have not yet reached everyone in batch one who has Dublin listed so although I'm not certain what number they are on there is still people on batch waiting for Dublin.

So in other words anybody on batch 2 is goosed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

If there have been 90 posts filled in Dublin then they will be people who have turned down Dublin. I'd hazard a guess that they're at about 115 in the Open out of a total of just over 150 who placed on the Panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,201 ✭✭✭bobbysands81

Link3n wrote: »
    So in other words anybody on batch 2 is goosed :)

Don't know about regional but most folk in Batch 2 will have a great chance of being offered a Dublin post.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Mama lion

Don't know about regional but most folk in Batch 2 will have a great chance of being offered a Dublin post.

And this is the hope I'm clinging to 😊

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭Rosiebeans81

Any one have any news of movement on regional panels since? I know the Dublin offers have affected the Limerick panel by 2 places or so at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Has anyone got the numbers for any regional locations

Has anyone got the numbers for any regional locations

There are 5 on the Galway panel and 8 on the Westmeath from batch 1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 GenevaW

But according to a poster here they are on 1?? on the open so they are beyond 90. It seems plausible to me that there were 90 of the 145 (thats the number I thought were on the panel after Batch 1 but not sure where I got that figure from so am open to correction) that had Dublin as one of their selections so maybe 90 was the total on the Dublin panel and they are still working on that before moving to Batch 2 with Dublin selections? Also I think I may be overthinking this!

I spoke with PAS earlier and they advised that they had reached 90 on Batch 1 but could not confirm how many of this number were for Dublin and how many remaining in Batch 1 were looking for Dublin so I'm baffled!

This is more confusing then the etray!!

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Past30Now

If there have been 90 posts filled in Dublin then they will be people who have turned down Dublin. I'd hazard a guess that they're at about 115 in the Open out of a total of just over 150 who placed on the Panel.

I'm the guy at 10* on the panel. I'm being put through garda clearance but haven't got an offer yet.

I understand they have offered up to no 90 on the open list, but that might only be 70 jobs, in that 20 on the panel up to number 90 might have selected counties for which no offer has yet been made to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭ammg

Anyone on the panel with Mayo down as their location of choice

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭sodacake1968

Looking for limerick and cork myself

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭dee75

Anyone hear of any more regional offers?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 deskbottle

I'm number 1 for Galway but am taking a job in Dublin if that's any good to anyone.
    Anyone know what the lay of the land is with DFA? Or how would one subtley find out?!!

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

deskbottle wrote: »
    I'm number 1 for Galway but am taking a job in Dublin if that's any good to anyone.
    Anyone know what the lay of the land is with DFA? Or how would one subtley find out?!!

Not so subtle but I phoned DFA HR, they're only taking First Secs right now, they don't see any vacancies for APs coming but that doesn't mean there might not be someone leaving/retiring that they don't yet know about.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Ecribbin

FWIW, I was originally 133 on the panel with Dublin and Limerick as my regions.
    I'm now #5 in Dublin and have been told I will be given a Dublin assignment this week or next.
    If I got this right, there's currently 10 Dublin spots ready to be filled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭salomon

Ecribbin wrote: »
    FWIW, I was originally 133 on the panel with Dublin and Limerick as my regions.
    I'm now #5 in Dublin and have been told I will be given a Dublin assignment this week or next.
    If I got this right, there's currently 10 Dublin spots ready to be filled.

I'm between 115 and 120 on the open for Dublin only so I'd be surprised to hear that there's only 5 between 115 and 133 with Dublin preferences.

Ah well, we live in hope and die in despair!

Advertisement