Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Executive Officer Campaign 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

80sbaby wrote: »
    Revenue, social welf, education is the big one

oh ...great chance so you will be called soon. Any preference?

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Hoping for Athlone

Same here. Most depts within westmeath are athlone anyway so good chance we will get it. Are you serving at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭80sbaby

Murzo wrote: »
    oh ...great chance so you will be called soon. Any preference?

I really don't mind, social welf and ed would probably be most interesting long term

Jsherlock1 wrote: »
    Same here. Most depts within westmeath are athlone anyway so good chance we will get it. Are you serving at the moment?

No I'm in the private sector

Jsherlock1 wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭Optiplexy99

Is this thread for the recent 2016/2017 Internal Revenue EO panel?

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Jellytots82

Is this thread for the recent 2016/2017 Internal Revenue EO panel?

Thanks!!!

No this the Thread for Nationwide EO panel for all Departments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

Anyone heard for Galway or Offaly?
    I'm top 5 in Galway and haven't heard anything yet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭thomasj

But it doesn't state that.

It shouldn't matter we're all in it for the same position!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 HPatricia

Was everybody contacted asked for their Leaving Certificate?? Does that mean they don't consider your other qualifications sufficient?

• Advertisement

thomasj wrote: »

But it doesn't state that.

It shouldn't matter we're all in it for the same position!
    There is a separate competition for revenue eo

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Murzo

Why are you leaving private sector....from what I've read on other online forums the CS can be a boring soul destroying place.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭bigjigwig77

Murzo wrote: »
    Why are you leaving private sector....from what I've read on other online forums the CS can be a boring soul destroying place.

Ah man, any company or office can be a soul destroying place, never mind if it's public or private!

I'll be taking a 15% drop in salary if I get this job and turning down a promotion but I reckon it'll be worth it with the improvement in work life balance.

Ah man, any company or office can be a soul destroying place, never mind if it's public or private!

I'll be taking a 15% drop in salary if I get this job and turning down a promotion but I reckon it'll be worth it with the improvement in work life balance.

SAME! also it can be difficult to climb the ladder in the private sector regardless of skill/experience. .salaries can remain stagnant unless you move from one company to another. We've also been through a horrendous few years of insecurity, liquidations, examinerships and incredible stress, thankfully we're on the other side of it now and I certainly don't want to go through it again,
    There are definitely positive and negative to both private and public sectors, but for me work life balance, opportunity and security are benefits to making the move,

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Littlefinger

sierra117x wrote: »
    I was told I'm serving long enough my clearance will basically be getting onto my hr. No Garda vetting or references etc

I was 9 years in my place as CO and still have to be revetted even though I was based in the Vetting Unit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭sierra117x

I was 9 years in my place as CO and still have to be revetted even though I was based in the Vetting Unit.

Only repeating what I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

What are people putting in the 'Supplementary Information' part of the form given out as the preliminary part of Stage 3? Normally part B of those forms would be the competencies, but that part is omitted; are people putting anything significant or competency related in there?

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭chris_d

Is it taking people long to get their passwords for the PSSC website or Peoplepoint once they have started?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 leanneg1994

chris_d wrote: »
    Is it taking people long to get their passwords for the PSSC website or Peoplepoint once they have started?

As a TCO took between a week and a week and a half. If you email them as soon as you can it speeds things up a bit

As a TCO took between a week and a week and a half. If you email them as soon as you can it speeds things up a bit[/QUOT

mine took around a week and a half. they will issue you with a token. make sure and don't delete the email like I did. it was titled expenses so as TCO I thought I wont be needing that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 Mishafein

What are people putting in the 'Supplementary Information' part of the form given out as the preliminary part of Stage 3? Normally part B of those forms would be the competencies, but that part is omitted; are people putting anything significant or competency related in there?

Definitely fill it in. I treated it like it was a cover letter for a normal job application, just kept it a bit shorter. Things like how you have shown your suitability for this position through your previous roles or how your work has been recognised by former employers. Keep it short and to the point but show your capabilities.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 treasar

starsx wrote: »
    At least theres ways around it! crazy tho really as that could cost someone their current job!! Its no wonder the process is slow if there's issues like this.

What number are they on now?

I got an offer today, the Department of Justice and Equality. I'll be starting in 3 weeks. I was no 209 for Dublin open. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭starsx

treasar wrote: »
    I got an offer today, the Department of Justice and Equality. I'll be starting in 3 weeks. I was no 209 for Dublin open. :D

Congrats!! I say you are delighted where in Justice are you going or do you know?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 treasar

starsx wrote: »
    Congrats!! I say you are delighted where in Justice are you going or do you know?

No idea where yet she said it was most likely going to be Stephen's Green but I should get more details in about a week.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭bronzesheep

Mishafein wrote: »
    Definitely fill it in. I treated it like it was a cover letter for a normal job application, just kept it a bit shorter. Things like how you have shown your suitability for this position through your previous roles or how your work has been recognised by former employers. Keep it short and to the point but show your capabilities.

Thank you! Have a few days to get it filled in, will work on it over the weekend. :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭rafi bomb

treasar wrote: »

Everyone seems to be getting that department. I'm yet to hear of a Dublin person who didn't. They must be looking for loads

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jsherlock1

Fingers crossed westmeath starts next week. Frustrating reaching the end of another week and hearing nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 25 pp1401

rafi bomb wrote:
    Everyone seems to be getting that department. I'm yet to hear of a Dublin person who didn't. They must be looking for loads

I was dublin panel and didn't get justice. Just finished my 3 week of work

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭misslemon

rafi bomb wrote: »

I didn't! I got Social Protection:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32 Bumbleton

Start of another week - hopefully they get fully in to the swing of the regional panels. Good luck to everybody waiting, I hope we all hear something soon.

If anyone from the Offaly panel hears something I would be grateful if you would let me know!

Advertisement