Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carton Grove

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 The_Sally_Gap

We got our contracts today :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

We got our contracts today :D

Has everyone contacted about snag/contract bought on the side facing into Carton Wood?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Mhealy25

markjmc wrote: »
    Has everyone contacted about snag/contract bought on the side facing into Carton Wood?

We got our contracts back today and we're facing the main road. Eager to know dates at this stage. Has anyone been given anything concrete other than 'end of sept' for phase 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭lfbmick

Mhealy25 wrote: »
    We got our contracts back today and we're facing the main road. Eager to know dates at this stage. Has anyone been given anything concrete other than 'end of sept' for phase 1?

We got contracts today to.Was given no date at all.No electricity or gas in the house to,so not suitible for snaging.Was talking to my solicitor today,advised us to wait till builder gets everything sorted then proceeded to snag the property.
    When houses finished builder issues certificate that house is finished and ready for snag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dfd84

We are in same situation. Contracts arrives today in process of organising gas and electricity. No snag date yet.

• Advertisement

dfd84 wrote: »
    We are in same situation. Contracts arrives today in process of organising gas and electricity. No snag date yet.

Solicitor informed us that builder connects electricity and gas .We only change it to our names when moving in.
    If you put electricity and gas on your name ,will be paying for something you don't use.Basically builder trying to save and cutting corners.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

Out of interest does anyone know why the attics are non convertible?
    Does it mean no conversion whatsoever or no conversion as a habitable space

HOCR wrote: »
    Out of interest does anyone know why the attics are non convertible?
    Does it mean no conversion whatsoever or no conversion as a habitable space

The attic space does not meet height requirements for conversion, so i think it can only be used for storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 HOCR

The attic space does not meet height requirements for conversion, so i think it can only be used for storage.
    Thanks, so it could still be converted into say a playroom etc just not classed as a liveable space

• Registered Users Posts: 38 Mharding

Hi guys

Does anyone know when we should be arranging bank valuations for our houses? As far as I'm aware, you need an up to date valuation when getting house insurance. Has anyone had any guidance around this?

• Advertisement

Yeah, this is the case with me.

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

Our solicitor has got contracts today we are on the north facing side.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 markjmc

RYEL wrote: »
    Our solicitor has got contracts today we are on the north facing side.

Cheers & congrats, we've bought a terrace facing towards the town (west?). I'd imagine we'll be the last of phase 1 to get in.

Mhealy25 wrote: »

Hi,any one knows floor size for 3 bed terrace houses.I know its 1240 sq/feet.I need to get floors ordered.I have all be drooms,sitting room and kitchen/dining sq/m.Anyone knows how big is landing and corridor leading to kitchen?

Hi all

Is anyone having a problem with the Help to Buy? We haven't had our contracts returned because the developers solicitor are having problems verifying our relief due. If anyone is going through anything similar or have had no problems with this I'd really appreciate your input.

Mharding wrote: »
    Hi all

Is anyone having a problem with the Help to Buy? We haven't had our contracts returned because the developers solicitor are having problems verifying our relief due. If anyone is going through anything similar or have had no problems with this I'd really appreciate your input.

We were told the builders solicitors had difficulty with our HTB application also. We were asked to confirm the codes were correct ( they were) and heard no more after that. Our contracts were returned ~ 10 days ago.

Thanks for that. in your HTB, are you and your partner provided with different entitlement amounts based on your own separate income tax and then a separate maximum relief amount? The solicitor is confused because they think we have different applications for the same house, which we don't! Very annoying!

quote="dfd84;104592374"]We were told the builders solicitors had difficulty with our HTB application also. We were asked to confirm the codes were correct ( they were) and heard no more after that. Our contracts were returned ~ 10 days ago.[/quote]

We were induvidually entitled to different amounts but i dont remember there being a seperate max relief amount, just one total i think? It was a while ago since we did it. So apologies but i cant be more help.
    Thanks for that. in your HTB, are you and your partner provided with different entitlement amounts based on your own separate income tax and then a separate maximum relief amount? The solicitor is confused because they think we have different applications for the same house, which we don't! Very annoying!

quote="dfd84;104592374"]We were told the builders solicitors had difficulty with our HTB application also. We were asked to confirm the codes were correct ( they were) and heard no more after that. Our contracts were returned ~ 10 days ago.
    [/quote]

No that's perfect. Thank you so much!
    We were induvidually entitled to different amounts but i dont remember there being a seperate max relief amount, just one total i think? It was a while ago since we did it. So apologies but i cant be more help.
    [/quote]

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭RYEL

Hi dfd84, have you been contacted yet about snagging?

We have signed contracts and just wondering what sort of time frame is likely before they get back to us about snagging.

If you did get to snag, did you find many issues?

• Advertisement

Hi all,

What details did anyone provide to the builders solicitors for the help to buy? They are looking for an exact figure from us on what we will receive in relief, however, this figure is unavailable until you proceed to make the claim and in order to make the claim you must have returned and signed contracts. The solicitor has not returned contracts! Help anyone!!

Hi all,

What details did anyone provide to the builders solicitors for the help to buy? They are looking for an exact figure from us on what we will receive in relief, however, this figure is unavailable until you proceed to make the claim and in order to make the claim you must have returned and signed contracts. The solicitor has not returned contracts! Help anyone!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 dairejpwalsh

You need to supply the following to the builder's Solicitor,

Access Code 123456
    Application Code A00012345
    Claim Code C00012345

You should be able to get all of this from Revenue online if I remember correctly. After you receive the signed contracts back you need to complete another step on the HTB online. After you do this you should have all the required codes listed above.

For the exact figure, this can be calculated from the sum of the available tax you're eligible for. This should be available from the HTB online after you do the initial steps when choosing the years you want to use.

Did you proceed to claim the HTB before you received you signed contracts back from the developer?
    You need to supply the following to the builder's Solicitor,

Access Code 123456
    Application Code A00012345
    Claim Code C00012345

You should be able to get all of this from Revenue online if I remember correctly. After you receive the signed contracts back you need to complete another step on the HTB online. After you do this you should have all the required codes listed above.

For the exact figure, this can be calculated from the sum of the available tax you're eligible for. This should be available from the HTB online after you do the initial steps when choosing the years you want to use.

The solicitor is looking for a letter from revenue as to how much we are entitled to. This is despite providing the access codes and application number required to verify same.

I
    Did you proceed to claim the HTB before you received you signed contracts back from the developer?

With us we applied together and it did show different entitlement amounts but it gave the overall total we were eligible for. We had this input on our contract (they had put 20k in automatically) and it was sent to the builders.

Once we got our contract returned we then uploaded it to revenue and proceeded to the claim stage. We were then given codes which we gave to the solicitor and they passed it on. We got notification in then on revenue online that our HTB had been verified by solicitor /building contractor and they'd get it in a few days.

Maybe you should contact revenue and query it because it does sound like there is two applications?
    Hi all,

Hi all.
    Did enyone got to snag the house,did yous found many issues?
    Thanks

Yeah we snagged ours the other week. I have to say, mostly the snags were cosmetic, however there were problems with the floors downstairs which were not level at certain places and one of the toilet cisterns was cracked and needs to be replaced. Did anyone else find many snags?
    lfbmick wrote: »
    Hi all.
    Did enyone got to snag the house,did yous found many issues?
    Thanks

Yeah we snagged ours the other week. I have to say, mostly the snags were cosmetic, however there were problems with the floors downstairs which were not level at certain places and one of the toilet cisterns was cracked and needs to be replaced. Did anyone else find many snags?

We had some uneven floor issues aswell, everything else seemed cosmetic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Tomrogic

We had some uneven floor issues aswell, everything else seemed cosmetic!

Hi,
    I have bought a 3 bed semi-d in phase 2.
    Can I ask about the uneven floors found in the snag, has the builder said how they plan to fix it?
    I have been told that if a builder is putting down fresh concrete on the subfloor it should be given months to let the moisture come down before putting a wood floor down

Advertisement