Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭PeterParker957

Any toothpaste or tooth brush ad. Ever.

Do you need to have your brain removed to have nice teeth????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

Reminds me of this Mitchell and Webb sketch...

me_irl wrote: »

Reminds me of this Mitchell and Webb sketch...

Spot on!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭Auld Jim Halpin

neris wrote: »
    some one in Mercedes vans really made a cock up when they decided the music that renault used few years ago would be a good choice for their own advert

Oh no!, hated that Reno ad and that music.

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭wendydoll

The TUI is my new screaming child an post ad. I hate it!!!! Why is it on so often. Why is it so long! I love seeing her getting fired into the pool because I know its nearly over!

But I love the ad for green & black chocolate, the one with the woman playing hide and seek with the wolves.

• Advertisement

Im sure everyone is only delighted that its the last day of both Moira and Mick and Kates mortgage given the latest shít heap the banks have created. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,287 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

wendydoll wrote: »
    The TUI ad with the "ain't nobaby" remix.

wendydoll wrote: »
    The TUI is my new screaming child an post ad. I hate it!!!! Why is it on so often. Why is it so long! I love seeing her getting fired into the pool because I know its nearly over!

But I love the ad for green & black chocolate, the one with the woman playing hide and seek with the wolves.

Everything about that TUI advert turns me into a raging, festering boil about to burst.

Her voice is weak, it's obviously been 'altered' to make it sound better, but it's still bad.
    Initially I was like 'she's cute' and now I find her almost as irritating at the thick Cork accented 'why am I still single?' chick from the Blind Date advert (I haven't seen a single episode of that-and no matter how many times TV3 play the irritating tune during ad breaks-I won't).

The dancing, the choreography-it's so irritatingly smiley and fake. A team of people I would love to collectively slap.

The chocolate advert is suprisingly good. It's surprising how well it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

The Allianz home insurance ad is stupid.
    DM6VjVAX0AADR-c.jpg:small

DM6VnorXUAA6dUD.jpg:small

F*** off! Nobody reacts like that when they get insurance.

What do you think Kramer?

g600616996.gif

Exactly!

Is it not the auctioneer ringing them about the house they just bought?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

sligeach wrote: »
    The Allianz home insurance ad is stupid.
    DM6VjVAX0AADR-c.jpg:small

DM6VnorXUAA6dUD.jpg:small

F*** off! Nobody reacts like that when they get insurance.

What do you think Kramer?

g600616996.gif

Exactly!

If they're coked up to their eyeballs maybe.

article-0-0050FAA400000258-620_306x242.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Lemonposset

Another TUI advert hater here, for all the reasons mentioned but I'll add one more: when she rolls over on the beach lounger where she's getting massaged the clip is played in reverse. He hair goes 'up' instead of falling to her side. Why Teacher's Union of Ireland :p

• Registered Users Posts: 19,588 ✭✭✭✭Ol' Donie

I can't put into words how angry that Aldi monstrosity makes me.

Another TUI advert hater here, for all the reasons mentioned but I'll add one more: when she rolls over on the beach lounger where she's getting massaged the clip is played in reverse. He hair goes 'up' instead of falling to her side. Why Teacher's Union of Ireland :p

Don't forget that one part where they try to drown her...and fail.

The advert for - I think - something you can use to get parcels delivered from the UK ?

The kid screaming and the harpy freaking out ?

Kill me now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,458 ✭✭✭valoren

darkdubh wrote: »
    If they're coked up to their eyeballs maybe.

article-0-0050FAA400000258-620_306x242.jpg

Or when you're streaming with laughter!
    431516.JPG

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

I don't know what it's for, maybe a burger or something but the Ad with the young fella and girl getting instructions on climbing 14,000 metres etc is funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

jca wrote: »
    I don't know what it's for, maybe a burger or something but the Ad with the young fella and girl getting instructions on climbing 14,000 metres etc is funny.

Think that is another one of my pet hate type of adds where a burger is supposed to provide you with the taste of a place. If a burger makes me think of a mountain it can only be because its full of rocks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

my3cents wrote: »
    Think that is another one of my pet hate type of adds where a burger is supposed to provide you with the taste of a place. If a burger makes me think of a mountain it can only be because its full of rocks.

You really don't get sarcasm do you?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,362 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

3ZAP97x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,192 ✭✭✭bottlebrush

The Leah Healthcare Ad - the radio one. With the screechy woman rolling down the hill. Awful stuff - particularly when it's on when my clock radio comes on in the morning - it makes me all anxious and uptight listening to her shouting while out of breath.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,894 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Eh no, I have tried Pepsi max and I still don't love it. In fact I think it tastes like cheap cr*p

"Can we land the plane sooner" on the TUI ad :rolleyes:

Who would seriously ask a fcukin air steward/ess this only a numpty? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭miketheDIYman

The Radio one where the painful woman used to peel hundreds of potatoes and switch on the Gay Byrne Hour and liked REAL and GOOD food - now she buys some frozen packs from Wiltshire Farm Foods - It makes me want to vomit :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

That ad is just pure muck.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,014 ✭✭✭tylercheribini

Autosport wrote: »
    That ad is just pure muck.

Its even on before the trailers in the cinema now, that awful butchering of Chaka Khan in dolby surround, excruciating.

and the tui sponsoring programme snippets are just as annoying as the full ad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

Yep, that TUI ad is terrible. Thought about it for a while. The increase in the tempo is the bit that gets me. It's like the drummer in a mediocre wedding band had a little toot before the gig and counted it in too fast and everyone just went with it.

It's an instant ear worm for me. I like the song and I'm going to end up hating it because of this. It was a 'moneys no problem' advert and is run at prime slots but they screwed up.
    The lad on the holiday doesn't get a look in. It's all about her holiday.

FFS, finally someone spends money on an ad and this is what we get.

• Site Banned Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Ralf and Florian

They should feck her out without a parachute if she's in that much of a rush to land.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the tui one is bad, basically she is singing that no one loves her more than her holiday company, boyfriend is reduced to decoration.

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Advertisement

silverharp wrote: »
    the tui one is bad, basically she is singing that no one loves her more than her holiday company, boyfriend is reduced to decoration.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-5029029/Teen-left-wheelchair-dive-sues-tour-operator.html

TUI being sued-not for crimes against advertising/ music etc. Sadly. More like being a rather crap company.

Also, another ad is every single 'Go compare'.The most recent one with two guys in a car-and some CGI'd molerat, hamster, beaver...thing.

Advertisement