Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Snow and Ice Warning : Saturday(PM)/Sunday 9th/10th December - SEE MOD NOTE POST #1

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Stetsonfrank

Sleety rain, nothing sticking in north west Wicklow 210m asl. Bitterly disappointed as we're just west of the Wicklow mountains and I really thought we'd be covered this morning.

Great to see the pics from other areas though

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭vizualpics

Central Mayo near Foxford, still light snoe falling. Snowing since 12.30.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭beefburrito

JCX BXC wrote: »
    Really? Gives me some hope here towards West Clare. 5.9c now and falling.

I left Corofin yesterday morning and it was absolutely Baltic,was heading towards the coast for a surf in Doughmore.
    Beautiful swell with an offshore breeze,waves head high.
    Anyhow the closer I got to Doonbeag the temperature started to rise every 5 miles by nearly a degree,the salty air is a snow and frost killer too.

Hopefully you'll get a pasting soon enough...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Newport, Mayo and we have proper snow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,011 ✭✭✭John.Icy

Nice enough covering on grass, cars etc but patchy on conrete/road. S.Kildare here.

May have been better earlier as it is actually raining out there atm if my eyes don't decieve me which I was not expecting.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Lumi

Snowing in Galway city and starting to settle on roofs and grass

Temp 0.7C, DP 0.1C

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

Going by reports on this forum from midland areas I would think we are ahead of schedule
    The met warning should include places like Cork who look to get plastered as the front pulls away

The onshore wind in Dublin has had more of an effect than any of us thought meaning rain for most there

Id say the back end will give you a dusting alright. Nothing too significant,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

corsav6 wrote: »
    Newport, Mayo and we have proper snow :)

Here's a pic

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

Raining in Newbridge. Kids very disappointed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 217 ✭✭Skippette

Do ya wanna build a snowman?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Not sure if I'm imagining things or ifanyone else heard thunder in north Co. Dublin 10 minutes ago?!

It takes an extremely cold and dry source of air from the east to overcome the Irish sea effect in these scenarios. If the easterly airmass has too much humidity, there won't be much or any evaporative cooling. As anyone can tell you on a misty day, clothes simply stay wet if hung outside.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

Skippette wrote: »
    Do ya wanna build a snowman?

Where be that?

Mod Note: Just remember, when posting reports, to add your location.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,659 ✭✭✭Darwin

South West Laois good covering of snow and pegging it down at the moment..will put up a pic in a while

• Registered Users Posts: 979 ✭✭✭barney 20v

Rathnure area - just east of the blackstairs mountain . Roughly 100- 150 asl. Still snowing hard here and covering the roads

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

catrat12 wrote: »
    About 4 inches glencullen Dublin mountains it rained for bout 2 hours before the good stuff and it’s just barely snowing now
    Is that it or anymore to come
    Hows Tibradden looking (Larch Hill)?
    Santa visit up there this morning, is it advisable?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭CeilingFly

South Kildare - woke at 6.30 am to see lovely covering of snow.
    Back to the leaba, then less than 2 hours later its all gone and drizzling rain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Raining in Newbridge. Kids very disappointed :(

It was raining when I checked at 5. It’s snowing here now and starting to stick (Kildare town)

Kildare farm foods have a Christmas thing on... the big red man is there. If it’s snowing down this end might be nice at the farm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭scarepanda

Just outside Athlone and we've a couple of inches of snow at least! Rotten wet sleet at 2.30 so really wasn't expecting to wake up to snow that stuck!

Needless to say I'm like a 5 year old when it comes to snow..... Just waiting for our little girl to wake up to see her first snow! And we'd had planned all week to put up the Christmas tree today.... Great start to Christmas!

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,735 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

mickrourke wrote: »
    Hows Tibradden looking (Larch Hill)?
    Santa visit up there this morning, is it advisable?

1.7c here at my location in Dublin 16....that usually means snow for Tibradden/Larch Hill.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 7,653 Mod ✭✭✭✭delly

Rain in East Meath.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭kod87

Still snowing here lightly in mid tip but there is about an inch of what can only be described as snowy slop on my driveway and pavements, be very careful if you are out walking in that

• Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭hoody

Lots of lying snow in Loughrea and still falling. Will be gathering a small army of snowmen for the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭blast06

Approx 10cm @ 10km ENE of Athlone

• Registered Users Posts: 8,219 ✭✭✭Gaoth Laidir

Light rain in Celbridge (65 m amsl).

Knock is reporting 13 cm of lying snow at 8 am.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭munsterlegend

Light rain in Celbridge (65 m amsl).

Knock is reporting 13 cm of lying snow at 8 am.

Can't understand how it's raining in some parts of the midlands like celbridge. Is the precipitation too light?

• Registered Users Posts: 457 ✭✭hellyeah

Got a right dumping here in round wood wicklow. Still snowing.

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭No Bills

DOCARCH wrote: »
    Where be that?

Mod Note: Just remember, when posting reports, to add your location.
    Looking back over Skippette's previous posts, I would say the pictures are from Co. Mayo near Castlebar.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,288 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Just about snow over sleet near Roundwood. Road not clear but gritter just gone past.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,276 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Snowing in Galway City

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭mickrourke

DOCARCH wrote: »
    1.7c here at my location in Dublin 16....that usually means snow for Tibradden/Larch Hill.
    Thanks - Would be festive alright but those roads arent great

Advertisement