Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Horrible things you were called at school

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Bugs Bunny because I had prominent teeth. My teeth are nice and straight now :D

Snap.

Also had names because I was born in the UK and lived in the middle east as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,127 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Thunder Tits :o:o:o

And coincidentally you're a mod in weather :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

We're going to go out of our way (literally) and make sure that when our kids go to secondary, it won't be in a sex abuser school

The effect of this is that my wife will have to stay out of work for years to come, ferrying them between school and home

it's easier of course to allow them to be brainwashed, segregated by gender, and groomed for sexual abuse in the local catholic schools. That's what they're counting on.

I nearly cut myself on the edginess of this. Warn a guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭jimmy180sx

An English bastard.....looking back on it they were probably right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

Life ain't always empty.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

I went to high school in the States, there was all the stereotypical cliques and a lot of bullying. In fact, it was literally the school the movie Mean Girls was based on, Tina Fey who wrote it went there also.

There was a girl in my year who had a sort of wide face, a pug nose and wild frizzy ginger hair. She got called 'Troll' all through the 3 years she was there, in reference to the troll dolls that were popular back then, and was teased all the time.

The summer before Senior year, she got very ill and felt so cold or so hot she got in the bath to either warm up or cool down. Her mother found her dead in the bath.

I wish I could say that this made people in the school reconsider or feel bad about bullying, but it didn't seem like anyone cared tbh.

I still think about her, how awful it must have been to be treated like that and then your life just gets cut short before you even get a chance to escape it and be treated like a human being.

RIP Kelly.

That's actually horrible. Reminds me of the Taylor Swift song 'Mean' :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,984 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

keano_afc wrote: »
    I nearly cut myself on the edginess of this. Warn a guy.

Still in denial I see. Ask your local bishop why he's still covering up for child abusers, and why this makes him a fit and proper person to control schools.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

When I was in school, I was called shorty because I was only 5 foot 3.
    I'm now a fully grown adult and I am a towering 5 foot 4. Ha, I showed them!

• Registered Users Posts: 29 Sharknose

I started school at the age of 7 in the then little village of Duleek, 3 miles from our house in the country. My mother bought me an old time leather schoolbag, which I carried strapped on my back. My mother would give me sandwiches and milk in a screw topped bottle for my lunch. One day I was standing in the main street by the church wall, waiting for my lift home, I did not know that my milk bottle, still only half empty, had leaked, and the milk was dripping on the ground behind me. Two of the brassiest sixth class girls happened to be passing by. "Howya" they shouted, howling with laughter, "Is your micky drippin ?"

Micky Drippin. That was my name until we moved house and school a year or so later. :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Pintman Paddy Losty

Ha! Been a while since I was in school. We had great nicknames for lads though.

Called one lad bruce (as in batman) because his parents had died when he was young.

Another young lad called Chernobyl because he was such a disaster. Thicko could barely spell. Dropped out before the inter-cert. Even a couple of the teachers called him Chernobyl! :D

Little lad on crutches we used to call tiny tim or else Skippy.

Can't remember them all now. Very funny though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Called one lad bruce (as in batman) because his parents had died when he was young.

Another young lad called Chernobyl because he was such a disaster. Thicko could barely spell. Dropped out before the inter-cert. Even a couple of the teachers called him Chernobyl! :D

Can't really get into the funny side of what your saying. Did you ever consider that the reason he left school was because ya'll picked on him. I can't believe their is anyone incapable of spelling. Actually I think your post is pretty disgusting.

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭justfillmein

speechless

• Registered Users Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

The others are fine but is the batman thing not a bit much? I can't imagine many things more traumatic that could happen to a person in their life than losing both parents as children, I don't see how I could ever be on such good fun jokey terms with somebody in those circumstances to ever make a joke about it, even when i was 12

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I known of a lad in a near enough school who had something wrong with him when born and resulting in a kind of defect/swollen jaw. ...idk

Who they used call Billy big jaw......anywhoo around 17 or 18 he got an operation to get it fixed...

.now they just call him Billy new jaw

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

wakka12 wrote: »
    The others are fine but is the batman thing not a bit much? I can't imagine many things more traumatic that could happen to a person in their life than losing both parents as children, I don't see how I could ever be on such good fun jokey terms with somebody in those circumstances to ever make a joke about it, even when i was 12

It's obviously appallingly cruel to call a young orphan Bruce after Bruce Wayne and it crosses all the lines and but it is dark humour, it's the awfulness that makes it funny.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,289 ✭✭✭AllForIt

It's obviously appallingly cruel to call a young orphan Bruce after Bruce Wayne and it crosses all the lines and but it is dark humour, it's the awfulness that makes it funny.

Yes and that's fine, but in the above case the humour was directed at a specific person. Dark humour is fine for me when say a comedian does it and it's directed at say a particular demographic rather than an individual.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Yes and that's fine, but in the above case the humour was directed at a specific person. Dark humour is fine for me when say a comedian does it and it's directed at say a particular demographic rather than an individual.

a specific CHILD at that:(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭21Savage

Irish people go too far with 'dark humour'. I've lived away and it's not normal for 90 per cent of people but it's very common in Ireland to deride friends. Some things are funny, others not so much. Irish people tend to take that step too far in my experience where good fun basically becomes some tosser just pointing out a genuine flaw or unfortunate circumstance. I've seen people make little of their friends from anything to anxiety to baldness. Some things you just don't do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭jooksavage

I known of a lad in a near enough school who had something wrong with him when born and resulting in a kind of defect/swollen jaw. ...idk

Who they used call Billy big jaw......anywhoo around 17 or 18 he got an operation to get it fixed...

.now they just call him Billy new jaw

I think I know the guy you're talking about... over this end they used to call him "ever-lasting gobstopper boy". Yeah, I know. We're all sick.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,857 ✭✭✭professore

Well I had a ronnie, a unibrow, buck teeth, glasses, an inhaler and a massive forehead. I was also a hell of a lot smarter than most of the idiots around me. What wasn't I called! To be honest the boys in my area were the cruellest. I was told every day for years how ugly I was. I still find it very difficult today to accept a compliment about my looks and I always have a vague feeling that someone is bullsh1tting me when they do compliment me.

You're that nerdy girl in every hollywood film that throws off the glasses, shakes her hair and suddenly is a vision of beauty, aren't you?

When I was like 10, me and my friend were playing WWF in the playground. Like, doing WWF moves and stuff. Well, one one the lads in my class shouted out - "Look at them being gay". From then on - apparently, I was gay. The rumours expanded to me literally being gay. So the lads in my class created a game called "HIV". It was like tig, but instead of saying tig - you say "HIV". Anyways, one of the guys in my class who was particularly brutal to me walked up to me in the game and said "You already have HIV you homo. F*ck off away from me." I remember being particularly busted up about it and had to stop myself from crying, because if I had of cried it would have made it ten times worse for me.

Like all this from me playing WWF with my friend in the playground when I was just a kid. I couldn't even be friends with him anymore, because even associating with him would cause us grief. It didn't help that I was going through serious depression at the time - the type of depression no kid should have to go through.

The topic would pop up every now and again when I went to secondary, and I had to try defend not being gay. So I knew what it was to be gay in the 90's without actually being gay.

My brother ended up coming out a few years ago and I was the first person he came out to in my family. I gave him a big hug and told him I already knew and that everything would be ok and than our parents would be fine with it (which they were).

I had a rough time in school. That's just one of many things I went through.

I used to be on an early school bus into a rural secondary school and used go for walk in the morning with a good friend in the same situation. It wasn't long before some other bright sparks decided we were gay and going off to shag each other every morning. Even though I'm not gay, I totally understand how it must suck to be gay, as I might as well have been gay !

As we got older we both were tough nuts, and big, so it faded away.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Tosser.

21Savage wrote: »
    Irish people go too far with 'dark humour'. I've lived away and it's not normal for 90 per cent of people but it's very common in Ireland to deride friends. Some things are funny, others not so much. Irish people tend to take that step too far in my experience where good fun basically becomes some tosser just pointing out a genuine flaw or unfortunate circumstance. I've seen people make little of their friends from anything to anxiety to baldness. Some things you just don't do.

anxious about being bald now are we??
    It's that very trait that makes us irish, we're known for it FFS. brothers slag brothers, mates ridicule the flaws and jaws of each other so as to remind them, we're all fukt up....out of curiosity what makes you so sure for 90% of people, it ain't normal... if a chicken is born with a white spot on its head, the siblings will peck at i until it's dead...it's probably nature..we've spiteful and silver tongues..sadly no beaks.

are you under 30yr old??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

professore wrote: »
    You're that nerdy girl in every hollywood film that throws off the glasses, shakes her hair and suddenly is a vision of beauty, aren't you?

Ha, I wish! :D

professore wrote: »

are you mad, with a forehead like that she's not.

when god was givin out heads she thought he said bread and asked for a big loaf!!!

ahhh im joking sorry...;)

rusty cole wrote: »

when god was givin out heads she thought he said bread and asked for a big loaf!!!

ehm, maybe this isn't the right thread for you???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭LadyMacBeth_

Have I gone back fifteen years in time? :p

Stop cock blocking ... I'm trying to prove I'm not gay here!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Googly eyes, because being blind in my left eye meant it didn't line up perfectly with my right eye occasionally, children can be little kunts

Advertisement