Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Team Talk Thread IX: Grand Slam Champions SEE MOD WARNING POST #1122

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭joseywhales

Zzippy wrote: »
    Old thread creaking at the seams. Suggestions for a thread title welcome
    Ringa Ringa Ringrose, pockets full of roses

• Registered Users Posts: 10,518 ✭✭✭✭MJohnston

So.....I hope Twickenham has better underpitch heating than Stade de France did in 2012, weather for London this Saturday is looking ropey as fúck.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,833 ✭✭✭shootermacg

Leavy is too slow to play open-side....discuss.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,651 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

MJohnston wrote: »
    So.....I hope Twickenham has better underpitch heating than Stade de France did in 2012, weather for London this Saturday is looking ropey as fúck.

Is it meant to be that bad yeah? I'd forgotten about that.. Would be a disaster all around if it came to that and fairly embarrassing for RFU if it could be prevented. Whatever about rescheduling a round 2 match, rescheduling final round match with Champions Cup quarter-finals in 2 weeks would be a nightmare.. So hopefully they'll do everything they can to avoid it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,143 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Well Stade de France has none at all, so Twickenham would have to be better. And Accuweather aren't forecasting frost. Six degrees, so not very mild either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

I see the RFU are planning to come down hard on second hand tickets bought on tout sites or outside Twickenham and encouraging people to use their official resale portal. Which is nowhere to be found.

Wonder how hard they'll actually come down on lads who spent four grand on viagogo though.

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well Stade de France has none at all, so Twickenham would have to be better. And Accuweather aren't forecasting frost. Six degrees, so not very mild either.

Pay no attention to Accuweather as it's rubbish, go and have a read of the weather forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Pay no attention to Accuweather as it's rubbish, go and have a read of the weather forum.

Yep, looks like it'll be freezing.

I trust HQ to get the game on

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

All of the apps are a joke but FWIW, YR is predicting 0 degrees overnight and 0-2 degrees with sleet and snow during the day.

All of the apps are a joke but FWIW, YR is predicting 0 degrees overnight and 0-2 degrees with sleet and snow during the day.
    Ah yeah, I know they're crap on long term forecasts but as you get closer in they get more accurate. Five or six days is usually relatively accurate.

• Advertisement

Yep, looks like it'll be freezing.

I trust HQ to get the game on

It's more the forecasts of snow that have me, not worried exactly but keeping an eye out. I'd definitely be getting over to London on Friday rather than Saturday if I was travelling to the match though.

Ah yeah, I know they're crap on long term forecasts but as you get closer in they get more accurate. Five or six days is usually relatively accurate.

No, unfortunately they're generally pretty poor about snow and cold conditions, for whatever reason. A lot of the apps completely missed that blizzard of a couple weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,359 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Hopefully. There's no ice/frost forecast for Friday night so the pitch should be okay. Plenty of Wintergreen though.

No, unfortunately they're generally pretty poor about snow and cold conditions, for whatever reason. A lot of the apps completely missed that blizzard of a couple weeks ago.
    A lot of people didn't believe the forecasts. :)

spiralism wrote: »
    I see the RFU are planning to come down hard on second hand tickets bought on tout sites or outside Twickenham and encouraging people to use their official resale portal. Which is nowhere to be found.

Wonder how hard they'll actually come down on lads who spent four grand on viagogo though.

Don't know how that will work. On the day, will they be able to tell who bought from those sites? Ideally they would cancel those tickets before being resold.. I understand people paying over the odds but reality is that encourages the tout market. But there's always going to be demand so needs to be more done to clamp down on secondary market businesses which are all currently perfectly legal..

A lot of people didn't believe the forecasts. :)

Well exactly, but they're just like people who don't think Rob Kearney should be in an Irish team.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Whatever title gets chosen, if it's not dedicated to Tadhg Furlong, I will not darken the thread's door!

Hearing Conor Murray's interview with Michael Corcoran on RTE, sounds really eager and hungry. Very aware of the threat England will pose too. It's going to be a cracking game!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zzippy

Neil3030 wrote: »
    Whatever title gets chosen, if it's not dedicated to Tadhg Furlong, I will not darken the thread's door!

Unleash the Jukebox!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

10 essential steps for Irish fans on the road to Ireland becoming No. 1
    1. Acknowledge that "anyone" could coach Ireland, such is the quality of player on offer to the national coach
    2. When you pick your world 15, only include Irish players. And Rieke Ioane. Oh wait, scratch that, Stockdale is better
    3. The English media blame your success on all the irelanders in the team, even though they were all born in Ireland
    4. You control World Rugby
    5. You control World Rugby refs. Except Wayne Barnes
    6. You've never lost to Scotland. Since 2017
    7. All the other countries (except purebred Argentina) start selecting Irish "project players". You beg World Rugby to increase eligibility to 100 years
    8. You never again lose a 6N match. You pretend you like total dominance, but secretly wish for a hard match or two
    9. You rotate your team for easy matches like Wales
    10. Adidas sponsor the jersey, replacing Canterbury, longstanding traditional supplier since 2014

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Neil3030 wrote: »

Furlong, and thanks for all the fish

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

• Registered Users Posts: 7,868 ✭✭✭Christy42

Burkie1203 wrote: »

Jesus. You would expect that to be a Scottish turnover from the initial state of play. That is a tough hit. He is some man.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Id say the chap never got a wedgie in school.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX: For fans of porter who drink stout

Christy42 wrote: »
    Jesus. You would expect that to be a Scottish turnover from the initial state of play. That is a tough hit. He is some man.
    One of the Scottish players did. Arms up in [premature] triumph. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,745 ✭✭✭✭molloyjh

Schmidt’s about to get real

41 into 3 does go

What about dem Championship minutes tho

Establish dominance

That last one is a South Park reference for those who don’t get it.

We need a fast start this time around. We were definitely starting to do that against France but France wouldn't play and preferred to give away penalties. But to my mind, the best way of dealing with a team who've suffered two losses on the trot is to give them that losing feeling early. I appreciate that's easier said than done, but at an away venue, the first order of business is to silence the crowd.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX: We will follow James Ryan to Twickenham and beyond.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

irishfan9 wrote: »
    Ireland Team Talk/Gossip/Rumour Thread IX: We will follow James Ryan to Twickenham and beyond.

I read this in Buzz Lightyear's voice.

But the bit from the 1st movie where he doesn't know he's a toy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement