Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Vladimir Putin appreciation thread.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Gatling wrote: »

The next line from a shill would be "That's not proof. Probably filmed in UK last month".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Elmer Blooker

It takes less than a second for data to be transmitted from Russia to basically anywhere in the world.

I's pretty impressive. I believe they call it "The Internet". I think it might catch on.
    The video in question which I saw earlier on State controlled Irish television,
    We saw a woman putting ballot papers into a box and nothing else, you and Gatling tell me how this proves that the papers were votes for Putin.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Strange she would do that right under the nose of a camera :pac:

Gringo180 wrote: »

I know right? I've never heard of a crime being committed in front of a camera.

• Advertisement

They annexed Crimea on camera and denied it ,

Why would she be worried it will be denied

I know right? I've never heard of a crime being committed in front of a camera.

What crime has been committed? Have you got some intel the rest of us havent got?

What crime has been committed? Have you got some intel the rest of us havent got?

That's a fair point. Ballot stuffing might not be illegal over there.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

The video in question which I saw earlier on State controlled Irish television,
    We saw a woman putting ballot papers into a box and nothing else, you and Gatling tell me how this proves that the papers were votes for Putin.

This video is not even from today's election.

Interference with ballot boxes is usually illegal in democratic countries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Uboat

They annexed Crimea on camera and denied it ,

Why would she be worried it will be denied

LOL

George W Bush doesnt think so. He was elected as US president with half a million votes less than Al Gore.

George W Bush doesnt think so. He was elected as US president with half a million votes less than Al Gore.

I guess that makes it OK then.

Still if you have zero opposition do you need ballot stuffing to guarantee a win,

Desperation

...... unless its being done by the US of A then its perfectly legal.

Still if you have zero opposition do you need ballot stuffing to guarantee a win,

Desperation

I don't think it's desperation. I think it's more to discourage the opposition from bothering.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Uboat wrote: »
    LOL

Mod: Post constructively, or not at all.

...... unless its being done by the US of A then its perfectly legal.

Learn another song please. That whataboutism doesn't really fly here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭ArchXStanton

Learn another song please. That whataboutism doesn't really fly here.

For you fellas it never seems to fly when it shows up your hypocrisy.

For you fellas it never seems to fly when it shows up your hypocrisy.

I don't remember anyone saying it was OK back then. If I had said there was no election tampering in the US you might have a point. But I didn't so you don't.

• Advertisement

I don't remember anyone saying it was OK back then. If I had said there was no election tampering in the US you might have a point. But I didn't so you don't.

There has been tons of examples of this the last few days, conveniently used when anyone pulls the US and it's allies up about their own dubious behaviour,all of a sudden it's whataboutery to try deflect away from it,people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

There has been tons of examples of this the last few days, conveniently used when anyone pulls the US and it's allies up about their own dubious behaviour,all of a sudden it's whataboutery to try deflect away from it,people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.
    It is interesting that 'whataboutery' only applies when it involves criticism of the US and its blatant disregard for international law.

It is interesting that 'whataboutery' only applies when it involves criticism of the US and its blatant disregard for international law.

Interesting that the UN never pulls them up on it either,No sanctions for Uncle Sam

Interesting that the UN never pulls them up on it either,No sanctions for Uncle Sam

Nor Russia. I mean, you do know how the Security Council works right? Fairly basic concept.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

If I had to choose a world dominated by the USA or by Russia/China it would be the USA every time.

Nor Russia. I mean, you do know how the Security Council works right? Fairly basic concept.

I'd consider the invasion of Syria and then the brass balls to attack the Syrian army that are fighting to hold the country together from a bunch of proxy nutcases a fairly significant violation of international law...where's the condemnation from the other western nations?

I'd consider the invasion of Syria and then the brass balls to attack the Syrian army that are fighting to hold the country together from a bunch of proxy nutcases a fairly significant violation of international law...where's the condemnation from the other western nations?

How in the hell does that relate to my post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring

How in the hell does that relate to my post?

Russia has got sanctioned at the UN. If the UN was working correctly Saudi Arabia, Isreal and Turkey would be internationally sanctioned. The body only exists for US interests.

Well, that's just false. Whataboutery is brought up in plenty of threads. IRA (our one, not yours) threads are full of it.

In this thread, it's brought up because "Whatabout the USA" is very much whataboutery in a thread about Russia.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,664 ✭✭✭sid waddell

President Putin is great lider!

He wins election for 101% of vote!

I is very happy about this!

The Russian peopel loves President Putin!

He will continue honest fight against corruption for benefit to honest Russian peopel!

English poison Skripal - no Russia!

English liars!

Long lives President Putin!

Putin is Russia!

I is NOT being paid to write this by Russian Government!

I is real Irish poster!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement