Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

Yeah same as me but the port never went through automatically. They refuse to do it over the phone, say you need to go into a store. But then the store can't use the sim card that you were sent in the post as it doesn't match their "agent code".

Hopefully yours will go through automatically - it's been two weeks and mine hasn't. Others on here have said the port did happen for them after 3-4 days.

Ah crap. What a dose. Hopefully it will go smoothly. But they should be in a position to do it manually when requested by the customer. Rather than just waiting for almost random date and time. The current policy means that I have to carry the new SIM card around with me and keep checking the phone until the port goes through.

Out of curiosity, did you go to a official VF run store or a franchised store? I was told in a franchised store before to go to an VF owned store as they have greater rights etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Ah crap. What a dose. Hopefully it will go smoothly. But they should be in a position to do it manually when requested by the customer. Rather than just waiting for almost random date and time. The current policy means that I have to carry the new SIM card around with me and keep checking the phone until the port goes through.

Out of curiosity, did you go to a official VF run store or a franchised store? I was told in a franchised store before to go to an VF owned store as they have greater rights etc.

Not sure to be honest - how do you know if it's franchised or owned?

Not sure to be honest - how do you know if it's franchised or owned?

The store in Midleton which is not owned by Vodafone has a sign saying that the store is not owned and operated by Vodafone but by a third party (or words to that effect).

I went in there to ask about getting the Data User tarriff and was told they couldn’t see it on their system. I was advised to try Mahon Point or Patrick St stores as they might be able to apply it.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭LFC Murphy

Rang last Thursday, got SIM Friday. Number was ported on Saturday.....

However, I'm still waiting on the Data User Plan to be activated. I've rang daily and they keep saying it's with the activation team, please waiting 48 to 72 hours.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 294 ✭✭eoinfitzokk

These are exactly the types of issues that I had when I switched. The good news is that once I got settled in, I had no reason to be dealing with customer service.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

My VF sim arrived this morning. Called customer care to get the port activated and was told that it will happen automatically over the next 24/48 hours. I was told just wait for the network signal to disappear before changing the sim.

Is that everyone’s experience?

I thought they could push it through manually.

Theres no way to push it through no, its a complete system thing. They'd have future dated your port before they send out the sim card. They'd know which day the sim should arrive by because of the time of day you order the sim- they don't know when during the day Nightline/An Post would deliver the sim card so they normally set the port request for the day after the sim is delivered.

Their porting is different to the other networks whereby you get a temporary 085/083 number and then port the number in on top of it. Vodafone use blank sim cards to then activate the port on which as I say would be future dated unfortunately

As for not being able to use the sim card sent out by vodafone instore this is correct. The sim card wont match the agent code and the system will just tell the store that the sim is invalid. I don't get the thing of oh go instore for the sim if the port fails because they should be able to reuse the sim number from their end to resubmit the port for you but maybe thats just internal policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭WayneEnterprise

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Theres no way to push it through no, its a complete system thing. They'd have future dated your port before they send out the sim card. They'd know which day the sim should arrive by because of the time of day you order the sim- they don't know when during the day Nightline/An Post would deliver the sim card so they normally set the port request for the day after the sim is delivered.

Their porting is different to the other networks whereby you get a temporary 085/083 number and then port the number in on top of it. Vodafone use blank sim cards to then activate the port on which as I say would be future dated unfortunately

As for not being able to use the sim card sent out by vodafone instore this is correct. The sim card wont match the agent code and the system will just tell the store that the sim is invalid. I don't get the thing of oh go instore for the sim if the port fails because they should be able to reuse the sim number from their end to resubmit the port for you but maybe thats just internal policy.

Yeah I just gave up in the end because of the inept customer service. Really put me off them, expected more seen as they are the biggest network in the country. Will just stick with Lyca @ E7.50 a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,755 ✭✭✭DopeTech

After being told yesterday that I could get the offer if I ported out and back in I called at lunchtime to be told no but that they would get a member of the mobile sales team to get back to me. Not filled with confidence as I was promised a call back last week and still waiting on that one. Might just stick with eir at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    After being told yesterday that I could get the offer if I ported out and back in I called at lunchtime to be told no but that they would get a member of the mobile sales team to get back to me. Not filled with confidence as I was promised a call back last week and still waiting on that one. Might just stick with eir at this rate.

I'd just ring back and say nothing about having just ported out and just say you want to port to vodafone. Why they have to make it so darn difficult is beyond me

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I'd just ring back and say nothing about having just ported out and just say you want to port to vodafone. Why they have to make it so darn difficult is beyond me

Yeah I didn't mention having ported yesterday but the asked when I ported and when I had a call that said I could take up this offer if I ported back. Will call again tomorrow, failing that I'll look elsewhere.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,629 ✭✭✭corks finest

My VF sim arrived this morning. Called customer care to get the port activated and was told that it will happen automatically over the next 24/48 hours. I was told just wait for the network signal to disappear before changing the sim.

Is that everyone’s experience?

I thought they could push it through manually.
    No that's correct,can take longer,u keep phone on with current provider,when it fails,pop in VF sim

My port went through this evening. 10 minutes after I left the house (without the VF sim card)....

I have put the sim card in and checked the number - all in order - so that's another hurdle jumped!

I see now that the offer/tariff is not applied. The sim simply has 50c of credit (13 of which was used to activate iMessages).

How long will I be waiting for the tariff to be applied? Do I need to top up first? Is there something else I need to do?

My port went through this evening. 10 minutes after I left the house (without the VF sim card)....

I have put the sim card in and checked the number - all in order - so that's another hurdle jumped!

I see now that the offer/tariff is not applied. The sim simply has 50c of credit (13 of which was used to activate iMessages).

How long will I be waiting for the tariff to be applied? Do I need to top up first? Is there something else I need to do?

I rang customer care a few days after being ported,guy gave me 100 m,I GB of data,day after got a few texts from VF,then free 30 GB etc,,,p.s I take it you downloaded my VF app,and registered

Don't top up, should get a free month,well I did, and my small fella

I rang customer care a few days after being ported,guy gave me 100 m,I GB of data,day after got a few texts from VF,then free 30 GB etc,,,p.s I take it you downloaded my VF app,and registered

I went to register online and found that all my personal details etc were still there from when I was previously with VF (just a few weeks ago :rolleyes:)

I'll give a call tomorrow if nothing happens in the meantime. I just hope it isn't going to be at this point where I stumble.

EDIT: I decided to call customer care this evening. The rep could see the port and the offer, however, he mentioned that the offer is not scheduled to be applied until 3 days from now. The rep was understanding and said that he would apply 2GB data, 250 mins and 250 texts to tied me over until the offer is applied.

By the way, the offer was coming up as a student offer on his system. He said that I need to text TALK to 50233 every month to get the unlimited calls and I will the have €5 left over from the €20 top up.

LFC Murphy wrote: »
    Rang last Thursday, got SIM Friday. Number was ported on Saturday.....

However, I'm still waiting on the Data User Plan to be activated. I've rang daily and they keep saying it's with the activation team, please waiting 48 to 72 hours.

Anyone else experiencing these issues?
    That's normal

Missed call from sales team last night, a text followed stating to get the offer to call them back. Slightly more promising than I thought. Won't count my chickens yet though. It all depends who you talk to I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,796 ✭✭✭bromley52

I'm on the Eir €20 every 4 weeks for unlimited calls/texts and 15gb data. There is also a social bundle (youtube) but that is due to end in May.

Would the Vodafone offering be a better option?

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Missed call from sales team last night, a text followed stating to get the offer to call them back. Slightly more promising than I thought. Won't count my chickens yet though. It all depends who you talk to I think.
    I agree,even after they called me I was reluctant to give dob etc unless I could verify who they were,well got the run a round alright, but eventually the Belfast call centre got me sorted

bromley52 wrote: »
    I'm on the Eir €20 every 4 weeks for unlimited calls/texts and 15gb data. There is also a social bundle (youtube) but that is due to end in May.

Yes, vf offer you have €5 left over after buying the unlimited calls addon. With this you can buy the spotify premium addon. Vf also allow you use your full data allowance in the eu. The other operators give you a lesser amount to use.

• Advertisement

Small guy gets Spotify premium ,or unlimited weekend,or some sky sports thing

Small guy gets Spotify premium ,or unlimited weekend,or some sky sports thing

Is that not Vodafone x?

4G data is a winner for me,plus their calls /data don't drop

4G data is a winner for me,plus their calls /data don't dropits what I'm getting too

Coverage, call quality and call reliability are far superior with VF. I was on Eir for about two weeks up to yesterday and I noticed a significant difference.

Coverage, call quality and call reliability are far superior with VF. I was on Eir for about two weeks up to yesterday and I noticed a significant difference.
    Agree,I was with most of them over the years VF are tops, meteor before eir got involved were also solid

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

you should try tesco or three, Eir is superior to all but VF. But factor in price (unless you can get a deal like this), Eir tends to work out best. VF is downright expensive as they seem to focus more on business customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭physioman

I changed from Tesco mobile to vodafone. Reception excellent. No dropped calls. Have eir mobile broadband at home. Speeds d: 20 u: 10. It's sufficient. With vodafone on my mobile, speeds d:100 u: 20. Vodafone superior

• Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Tried this twice this week through the number provided above.

* First time, they said they'd call me back - never received a call.
    * I called again today - was told to go to a Vodafone store. Guessing store will not be aware of offer?

• Advertisement

leex wrote: »
    Tried this twice this week through the number provided above.

* First time, they said they'd call me back - never received a call.
    * I called again today - was told to go to a Vodafone store. Guessing store will not be aware of offer?

Store will NOT be able to help. This is a mobile sales team offer only. I would suggest trying again and hope to get a different agent. Ask specifically for the ‘Data User Plan’.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement