Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung S9/9+

Options

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭LFCFan

No issues with calls on mine either. No issues at all. Love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭dinevalesco

Quick query guys:

My wife is currently looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S9 - but she’s not eligible for an upgrade until later this year.

She’s on a €35 plan with air (400 minutes, Unlimited texts, 10gb of data) - the phone costs €499 on that plan.

I am currently eligible for an upgrade but on a much lower plan to her at €10 per month sim only - the phone would cost €599 on that plan.

Anything we can do to get the phone at the €499 price now? Involving SIM swaps etc (though, we’d need to keep our respective numbers).

I know, it’s convoluted - but, hey, humor me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I'd hate to spend that price on a phone when for around 200 euro extra you could get one brand new sim free not tied to a contract!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Quick query guys:

My wife is currently looking to upgrade to the Galaxy S9 - but she’s not eligible for an upgrade until later this year.

She’s on a €35 plan with air (400 minutes, Unlimited texts, 10gb of data) - the phone costs €499 on that plan.

I am currently eligible for an upgrade but on a much lower plan to her at €10 per month sim only - the phone would cost €599 on that plan.

Anything we can do to get the phone at the €499 price now? Involving SIM swaps etc (though, we’d need to keep our respective numbers).

I know, it’s convoluted - but, hey, humor me.

Sit it out for another few weeks and hope it starts to reduce in price for a sim free version. You won't get it for €499 but very likely to get it for around €600 before long.
    I'm in a similar position but am waiting for it to hit closer to 600 mark before I buy. I've no problem waiting a while to see how it pans out.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,917 ✭✭✭✭GT_TDI_150

**** just got real ... sold the s7 ... no phone now until I upgrade friday... just to decide between the s9+ and the p20 pro now...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭kilsmum

I ended up taking my phone back to Vodafone. It blanked out during 3 calls yesterday and two weren't even close to 5 minutes duration.

The sales assistant said the Samsung rep had been in to the shop and that it's a known issue. They replaced the phone so lets hope this new one will be problem free!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Had the problem on multiple calls yesterday. PITA. Anyone who has had their handset replaced, is the problem fixed in the replacement? I presume all handsets have the same problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 magic123

Havent noticed any problems during calls,but the battery is a bit disappointing.not better than my 3 years old sony z3

Purchased today...

S9+...

Love it!

How are people managing to get Spigen cases delivered to Ireland from Amazon... Can't find any that deliver to Ireland.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,522 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    How are people managing to get Spigen cases delivered to Ireland from Amazon... Can't find any that deliver to Ireland.

Parcel Motel?

yabadabado wrote: »
    Parcel Motel?

Lol didn't even think of that.

Turn out the missus has an adresspal set up so happy days.

I've been playing with the phone since I got home and fook the facial recognition is unreal...

I'm lying in bed, room is pitch dark ... Facial recognition...phone unlocks instantly.... :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,106 ✭✭✭SpannerMonkey

kilsmum wrote: »
    I ended up taking my phone back to Vodafone. It blanked out during 3 calls yesterday and two weren't even close to 5 minutes duration.

The sales assistant said the Samsung rep had been in to the shop and that it's a known issue. They replaced the phone so lets hope this new one will be problem free!

Think im going to have to do the same . Its wrecking my head. 3 times it went silent for about 15 seconds during a 2 or 3 minute call. Im constantly having to apologise and ask people to repeat what they were saying . Its not good enough for any phone never mind one at this price

Guys, anyone having issues with the sound dropping out, could you reach out to Samsung Ireland/UK on twitter.
    https://twitter.com/SamsungHelpUK

The more people that raise the issue, the faster this will get resolved. FYI, there is a Samsung Ireland twitter account (@samsungireland) but you are directed to the @SamsungHelpUK for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

I raised a ticket with Vodafone and am asking either to get out of contract or get a different phone. They offered me to get out of contract but I need a phone for work. This is hopeless, I just can't have long conversations, call quality is desperate on this S9+.

I also noticed when my phone goes from 4G to H+. the calls break up (I am usually talking to someone on a landline). This is dire.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Mine is absolutely brutal to be honest. Always asking people to repeat themselves and periods of silence.

Thing is, what other phone has the same features? Great camera, IP rating, wireless charging, bright screen etc... I've heard there loads of issues with the Pixel 2 XL also

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Vahevala

SachaJ wrote: »
    Mine is absolutely brutal to be honest. Always asking people to repeat themselves and periods of silence.

Thing is, what other phone has the same features? Great camera, IP rating, wireless charging, bright screen etc... I've heard there loads of issues with the Pixel 2 XL also

All those features are pointless if it can't do the basic job of making phone calls which is the whole purpose of the device.

In case anyone missed it, Samsung have asked for logs for those having the dropped calls/sound drop out problem.

You can send error logs via the Members app called Samsung+. It's under Menu -> Send Feedback -> Send Feedback -> Report a Problem.

Select the category you want (I presume call/Message or Sounds/Vibration). You can type a message and at the bottom select Auto Attached Information and make sure Send system log data is selected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

Patww79 wrote: »

Totally support that comment regarding the note 8. Still loving it

Thought I found a security bug yesterday... Missus was using phone to take pics of thing she was selling from locked and then going into WhatsApp to send the pics to herself..The phone was letting her into WhatsApp.... I was like how dafuq did it let ya in?!

Ive fingerprint and face recognition turned on and a smart Lock with my fitbit..

The Fitbit was 3m away but it was still considering it close enough to unlock the phone... Once I turned off the smart Lock with the Fitbit it was ok again... I only expected it to unlock if the Fitbit was within 2/3 feet..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭butrasgali

Any of ye people have a problem with adding to the home screen..I can't add anything as in any type of web page..it tells me that it's adding them but they don't appear on the home screen..am I missing something

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭ldr

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭j14

I very rarely use my phone for calls so I decided to test it today.

Wife
    1st call cut out at 1 min 40 secs
    2nd call cut out at 5 min 15 secs
    3rd call lasted 6 mins (call completed)

Mother
    1st call lasted 1 min 35 secs
    2nd call lasted 7 mins (call completed)

I've installed a whitedome screen protector on this phone. What happens if they say I need a replacement?
    Am I out the €40 cost of the screen protector?
    Can this issue be fixed via a patch?

j14 wrote: »

I've installed a whitedome screen protector on this phone. What happens if they say I need a replacement?
    Am I out the €40 cost of the screen protector?

Can this issue be fixed via a patch?

Yes you are out of the cost of the screen protector if you have to change it. (why didn't you go without the protector and then if the screen broke in a couple of weeks/months get the replacement and use a screen protector then?)

Doesn't seem to be a patch as of yet.

So glad I didn't change from my S8 now with all this trouble..

If there are issues can you return the phone, get money back and get a different phone altogether?

Anyone having issues with Spotify? My music will play for 10s and then stop. I press play again, 10 more seconds and stop again ....

• Advertisement

GT_TDI_150 wrote: »
    If there are issues can you return the phone, get money back and get a different phone altogether?

Doubt it after 14 days ''cooling off'' period, after that I presume it's just manufacturers warranty for repairs.

Advertisement