Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,754 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Just off the phone with Vodafone, my sim hasn't arrived. Ordered Friday. The said they would get sales to send another one. Also told plan inlcludes 100 international minutes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,628 ✭✭✭corks finest

Sir Dosser wrote: »
    Just off the phone with Vodafone, my sim hasn't arrived. Ordered Friday. The said they would get sales to send another one. Also told plan inlcludes 100 international minutes.
    Might have missed the courier,I did, first day,rang depot,arranged a pick up on the road

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭bambam

Thanks to OP

I just signed up with no hassle:
    Dialled 1800 59 55 95‬ and press 2
    Asked for 'Data User plan'

• Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

bambam wrote: »
    Thanks to OP

I'm going to try ring them again. Do you any other services with Vodafone?

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,926 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

iHungry wrote: »
    I'm going to try ring them again. Do you any other services with Vodafone?

I have Broadband, but they didn't even ask when I got through to the correct department.

Now once they don't go ending this plan with no notice, like eir and the 180 day deal I'll be happy..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭iHungry

mik_da_man wrote: »
    I have Broadband, but they didn't even ask when I got through to the correct department.

Now once they don't go ending this plan with no notice, like eir and the 180 day deal I'll be happy..

I'm wondering can they see from your details other services you've got with them. Makes sense to me anyway🤓

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Signed up - no bother at all. Felt sorry for the poor sales rep who had to list all the T&Cs over the phone. I'd go nuts having to do that several times per day...

iHungry wrote: »
    I'm wondering can they see from your details other services you've got with them. Makes sense to me anyway🤓

I don't think so.
    He was signing me up no hassle once I mentioned the plan name, no details taken at that point

bambam wrote: »
    Thanks to OP

SIMPLES

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭gunnerfitzy

At one stage I was speaking to a rep who mentioned a plan with 8GB of data and 100 international minutes. I said that the plan I wanted had 15GB of data and he said that that was a different plan.

When I spoke to the rep who eventually signed me up to the plan I confirmed that its 15GB and asked him if any international minutes were included and he said no.

No international minutes are stated on My Vodafone when I check. It will be very interesting to see if you get ‘the deal’ and the 100 international minutes also. We’ll all be back onto VF looking for same if you do :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭leex

Is tethering supported on this plan?

At one stage I was speaking to a rep who mentioned a plan with 8GB of data and 100 international minutes. I said that the plan I wanted had 15GB of data and he said that that was a different plan.

When I spoke to the rep who eventually signed me up to the plan I confirmed that its 15GB and asked him if any international minutes were included and he said no.

No international minutes are stated on My Vodafone when I check. It will be very interesting to see if you get ‘the deal’ and the 100 international minutes also. We’ll all be back onto VF looking for same if you do :D:D
    AFAIK I've the 100 international minutes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

That would be interesting. I know you could buy the 100 mins for a fiver so even at 20e you'd have unlimited calls, texts, 15GB of data and 100 international minutes. That plan would be dynamite for me. I'm currently on Vodafone X and use quite a bit of data but several months I've got caught with the 100 mins the plan comes with and I miss having my international minutes from when I was on bill pay. For me that plan can't be beaten.

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭absolutegroove

Just got the Sim Card delivered - now I just have to wait for Tesco Mobile to disappear.

I’m going to donate my left over credit to a few charities :-)

Ah-Watch wrote: »

That would be interesting. I know you could buy the 100 mins for a fiver so even at 20e you'd have unlimited calls, texts, 15GB of data and 100 international minutes. That plan would be dynamite for me. I'm currently on Vodafone X and use quite a bit of data but several months I've got caught with the 100 mins the plan comes with and I miss having my international minutes from when I was on bill pay. For me that plan can't be beaten.
    No did the first Month,not there now, except for the 400 international ones I bought by mistake (senior moment) back of the class for me

Just a heads up, first month is only free if you got a call back from mobile sales. If you call them you don't get the first month free.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,140 ✭✭✭pm.

Ah-Watch wrote: »

I'm on the same plan, would VF swop my plan or do I have to be on a different network? I have my home broadband with VF

pm. wrote: »
    I'm on the same plan, would VF swop my plan or do I have to be on a different network? I have my home broadband with VF

Worth asking but they told me numerous times they could do nothing for me if I was with Vodafone so I ported to eir for a couple of days.

Just a heads up, first month is only free if you got a call back from mobile sales. If you call them you don't get the first month free.

Not for me.
    I called in and was advised that the first month is free.
    Also logged into the app today and got an extra 20GB of data free!

I called them and I got the first month free. No sign of the 20GB of extra data yet though.

• Advertisement

I called them and I got the first month free. No sign of the 20GB of extra data yet though.
    On the way,I got mine 2 days later

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

You can get the 20GB through the app.

On the way,I got mine 2 days later

Currently waiting on the plan to be activated but customer care gave me a bit of data/calls/texts to tide me over. Don't think I'll query the first month free.

When I was on I asked about the 8gb data plan. This is €30 and is the smart extra plan just in case anyone was wondering. Also the international minutes we were told about are depending on us using €5 credit to get them.

Currently waiting on the plan to be activated but customer care gave me a bit of data/calls/texts to tide me over. Don't think I'll query the first month free.

When I was on I asked about the 8gb data plan. This is €30 and is the smart extra plan just in case anyone was wondering. Also the international minutes we were told about are depending on us using €5 credit to get them.

Ah... that clears up the international minutes issue.

You should get the first month free at the same time the plan is activated along with €20 credit.

I haven’t purchased the unlimited calls add on yet from the €20 credit as the complimentary data/calls/texts I got to tide me over are still valid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

Me and the missus with 48 and there signal is pure s**t anywhere.
    Ive got Vodafone broadband/TV so be interested in this.
    So all you do is call 1800 59 55 95 press 2
    Ask for data user plan .
    First month free or do I need to tell them that some people are getting it for free?
    48 only 10€ but if Vodafone's reception is better then its worth it.

honda boi wrote: »
    Ask for data user plan .
    First month free or do I need to tell them that some people are getting it for free?
    VF reception is the best,much better than eir,Tesco,3 ec

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭bromley52

honda boi wrote: »
    Ask for data user plan .

Make sure that you are put through to the NI PAYG sales team as I kept being sent to the bill pay team. They are in the same building as the person who answers the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

For anyone who only needs data and has at least 15 credit left at the end of the 28 days of the data user plan, there's a 30 day 5GB add-on for 15 euro.

Also Vodafone give 600 webtexts per month for free even with zero credit. If you use the Vodafone app for webtext the data is not charged for (according to their website).

• Registered Users Posts: 287 ✭✭matzen

Rang them yesterday. Gave tons of details. Got sim card in post today.Rang them again cos I'm not sure if I need to top up upon activation or if the first month really is free. Was told that the porting team hasn't registered my number and that would probably need to go through same process again... you would think they know how to communicate between teams.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,696 ✭✭✭honda boi

bromley52 wrote: »
    Make sure that you are put through to the NI PAYG sales team as I kept being sent to the bill pay team. They are in the same building as the person who answers the phone.

Got though to NI person. Think she's new as she kept having to look stuff up. :p
    Signed up,top up €20 a month for 15gb,unlimited texts. €15 of that top up for unlimited calls.
    Although she said I don't get a free month. Worth a call or email to someone now or when the sim arrives?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement