Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

‪Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread IX: The Last Jordi [****]

Options

Comments

Clegg wrote: »
    Makes no sense.

Ireland want Carbery to get more game time at 10 so he goes to Munster where there's two other players of similar ability vying for the position?

I hope he's fine and gets to continue his career in professional rugby but there must be quite serious doubts about Blyendaal at this point.

That said, I'm done clicking on links about the provincial outhalf situation because at this stage it's bull**** guesswork and my dog probably knows as much as anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,137 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Luke McGrath was training on Monday. His knee was heavily strapped, the ankle doesn't seem to be.

1496258.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,143 ✭✭✭Dubinusa

Don't think we lose anything with Larmour playing. He's phenomenal in attack and probably better defensively.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,585 ✭✭✭irishfan9

larmour isnt as good as lowe.. so yeah we do lose something

Defensively Lowe is probably weaker! Besides, Larmour will grow from the experience. It can only boost what has been an unreal year for him. Imagine, at 20 yrs old; a grand slam, a European champions final and possibly a pro 14 final too. If he plays I think he won't disappoint.

• Advertisement

Dubinusa wrote: »
    Defensively Lowe is probably weaker! Besides, Larmour will grow from the experience. It can only boost what has been an unreal year for him. Imagine, at 20 yrs old; a grand slam, a European champions final and possibly a pro 14 final too. If he plays I think he won't disappoint.

european finals are not growing opportunities. its about winning.

and lowe would be picked ahead of larmour for a reason if jgp wasnt needed.

No doubt, but with or without Lowe, I think we'll win.

According to The Indo, tickets for the final have now sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,180 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Reports this morning that McGrath will undergo a fitness test this morning and if there's a sniff of not being 100% it's JPG on the bench.

Looking at that knee strapping, you'd have to think Lowe isn't going to feature. Not a particular vote of confidence in McCarthy but totally understandable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭dub_skav

Buer wrote: »
    Reports this morning that McGrath will undergo a fitness test this morning and if there's a sniff of not being 100% it's JPG on the bench.

Looking at that knee strapping, you'd have to think Lowe isn't going to feature. Not a particular vote of confidence in McCarthy but totally understandable.

To be fair the same logic as above about playing your best guys in the final applies.
    Sure, we'd like Lowe on the field, but a European final is not the place to see if a young scrum half is up to it *.
    Step down from Lowe to Irish international Larmour is smaller than from JGP to McCarthy, for now at least.

*Unless his name is John Cooney and the final is against Ulster :pac:

• Advertisement

dub_skav wrote: »
    To be fair the same logic as above about playing your best guys in the final applies.
    Sure, we'd like Lowe on the field, but a European final is not the place to see if a young scrum half is up to it *.
    Step down from Lowe to Irish international Larmour is smaller than from JGP to McCarthy, for now at least.

*Unless his name is John Cooney and the final is against Ulster :pac:

I'm not concerned at all about Larmour. He's actually quite a physical player, not on Lowe's level but he puts in his tackles and he isn't afraid to hit rucks.

Here is one example from the Glasgow game where he works very hard to slow Glasgow up and give others a chance to come in and hold the ball up.

If JPG is on the bench, does that mean that Nick McCarthy is PNG? :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

Managed to pick up 2 semi final tickets there on ticketmaster, pretty shocked, thought they'd be well gone by the public sale.

pc7 wrote: »
    Managed to pick up 2 semi final tickets there on ticketmaster, pretty shocked, thought they'd be well gone by the public sale.

unsurprisingly not, the casual fan doesn't care about the pro 14.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,002 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

irishfan9 wrote: »

With it being Munster thought it would be sold out, any of the years past with the home teams (sf/finals - Ulster/Connacht) in the league, seemed to sell out to season ticket holders.

With it being Munster thought it would be sold out, any of the years past with the home teams (sf/finals - Ulster/Connacht) in the league, seemed to sell out to season ticket holders.

didn't have a european final the week before.

also I know the sf against Ulster wasn't sold out to season ticket holders.

Yeah true enough, especially with Bilbao being such a mare to get too. We got our Ulster ones as ST that year. Anyhow glad to get them, not ST anymore due to smallies so happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Luke McGrath was training on Monday. His knee was heavily strapped, the ankle doesn't seem to be.

1496258.jpg

Wasn’t it his knee that was done before this current injury, it was heavily strapped in the Saracens game too. Ankle must be fairly stable if it’s not being strapped too.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,601 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

According to The Indo, tickets for the final have now sold out.

There are heaps of them below cost on toutless.com

Leavy on Lancaster:
    Leavy acknowledges the difference the former England head coach Stuart Lancaster has made since joining Leinster’s coaching team in September 2016. “He has been fantastic,” says the flanker. “He revolutionised the way we trained and the standards we set. We train at a high intensity and if you work hard you test yourself mentally. That comes through in matches.

“When he first came in he told us how we needed to change if we were to evolve as a team. He was very confident and sure in his ways. We have huge faith in him: he has told us what to do and when we do it we win.

• Advertisement

If JPG is on the bench, does that mean that Nick McCarthy is PNG? :D
    I'm very disappointed that this whooshed so many people. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 12,920 ✭✭✭✭stephen_n

What makes you think it did, most people couldn’t gif a damn.

stephen_n wrote: »
    What makes you think it did, most people couldn’t gif a damn.

McCarthy is persona non grata? What's there not to get - it makes complete sense? ;)

McCarthy is persona non grata? What's there not to get - it makes complete sense? ;)
    Stephen gets it. But lets's not have a tiff over it. :p

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,399 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

irishfan9 wrote: »

Additional seats added.
    https://www.leinsterrugby.ie/additional-seating-added-rds-arena-leinster-v-munster/?FixGuid=17TT1905

Stephen gets it. But lets's not have a tiff over it. :p

Stephen is old school, he loves to bmp these kinds of posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭impr0v

I put the request in respectful terms, but this was potentially always going to be a hard sell, given the political colour of the incumbent. The timing of the handover has totally scuppered it - for now anyway.

impr0v wrote: »
    I put the request in respectful terms, but this was potentially always going to be a hard sell, given the political colour of the incumbent. The timing of the handover has totally scuppered it - for now anyway.

What's the email address? 100 emails might get them to 'maybe'...!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Will Genia is PNG.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement