Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

Nighty night, all

• Registered Users Posts: 6,080 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Reading between the lines and all that bollox, methinks that some are trying to have this thread closed down in whatever way they can.

Not very subtly either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

:D jesus christ pal get a grip.

Also, I'm not your pal.
    So stop

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

deco nate wrote: »
    And yet you still haven't qualified your post.
    Good stuff

there is nothing to qualify. i already said what my interpretation of the 'threat' post was. if you can't find my interpretation after i've drawn you a map then maybe a message board is too complicated for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

If I tried to sleep in a Garda station I’d be told to fcuk off.

O4xW.gif

* Looks at post, looks at username *

Reading between the lines and all that bollox, methinks that some are trying to have this thread closed down in whatever way they can.

Just to clarify, not me. I want this kept open....
    Should I put a smiley in here.. Wink wink.

Keep the smileys up, it adds nothing to you posts.
    In fact, it detracts from your posts.

being deliberately obtuse and implying i'm in cahoots with someone detracts from yours

Melendez wrote: »
    Sadly I have to post once more on this thread. The pm that deco has been so upset by was a hardly necessary courtesy to reassure him that all was well with the world .

"I doubt you are worried, but just to set your mind at rest if you are, I have no allegiance to these people. I genuinely just hate bullies.

42michael24 or whatever the **** he's called was correct. It was just friendly advice that you could feel bad about yourself in the end for sneering at those posts."

So why put it in a pm, instead of on here.
    I am still full sure that the both of you are in cahoots.

being deliberately obtuse and implying i'm in cahoots with someone detracts from yours

It doesn't.

• Advertisement

Sadly I have to post once more on this thread. The pm that deco has been so upset by was a hardly necessary courtesy to reassure him that all was well with the world .

"I doubt you are worried, but just to set your mind at rest if you are, I have no allegiance to these people. I genuinely just hate bullies.

42michael24 or whatever the **** he's called was correct. It was just friendly advice that you could feel bad about yourself in the end for sneering at those posts."
    Funny that you were the only one beside him that read it that way.

So why put it in a pm, instead of on here.
    I am still full sure that the both of you are in cahoots.

i'm going to complain to a mod if you say this again. all i'm doing is posting in here.
    even people i've gotten a bit testy with seem to respect that i have a right to an opinion, even if it differs ever so slightly from the prevailing. the first response i got from you in this thread was asking me if i knew Cash, now you're groundlessly accusing me of tag-teaming. that's your level.

i'm going to complain to a mod if you say this again. all i'm doing is posting in here.

Go ahead. Just do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I f_ck1ng hate bullying pr!cks (using the word, specifically, in a non-gender assigning way). This woman has been publicly torn to shreds, not because of the incident that was initially reported and the very valid point she was making, but because people perceived her as being weak and a lessor human being than themselves. They revelled in the superiority of the situation.

What the hell are you on about? You need to take a break. People are simply annoyed that this woman is brazenly gaming the system. Obviously.

Go ahead. Just do it.

fair enough

fair enough

Good.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

There's something wrong when the people working in Dublin have to look for houses in the surrounding counties but leeches like this one can pick and choose where she wants to live.

I'm sure the people down my way hitting the road at 6am or earlier to commute to Dublin would love to be given a free house up there,they wouldn't turn one down.

even people i've gotten a bit testy with seem to respect that i have a right to an opinion, even if it differs ever so slightly from the prevailing. the first response i got from you in this thread was asking me if i knew Cash, now you're groundlessly accusing me of tag-teaming. that's your level.
    Quoting for clarity, running back to figure out and remember. That's not a good sign. Yes you, and everyone is entitled to an opinion.
    Doesn't mean you cannot be called out on it.
    And by asking you if you know cash, how is that wrong?.

However, I do see what you are trying to get me banned now.

It's a shame that it has come to this.
    But c'est la vie.

Glad to see you added so much to the last post I quoted. Good on ya.... Ps, I added this last bit too ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

I don't really blame or look down on people who make full use of our over-generous welfare system and choose not to work. (All "hard working taxpayers" will also avail of every allowance, grant, rebate, assistance etc that they're entitled to.)

It's human nature to have as easy a life as possible and to avoid engaging in soul destroying work. If the system allows it some people will take full advantage of it.

People should be directing their anger at the current welfare system and politicians who won't reform it, rather than at people who work (pun intended) the system.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

mickrock wrote: »
    I don't really blame or look down on people who make full use of our over-generous welfare system and choose not to work. (All "hard working taxpayers" will also avail of every allowance, grant, rebate, assistance etc that they're entitled to.)

It's human nature to have as easy a life as possible and to avoid engaging in soul destroying work. If the system allows it some people will take full advantage of it.

People should be directing their anger at the current welfare system and politicians who won't reform it, rather than at people who work (pun intended) the system.

More apologists. It's like Murphy and Coppinger are actively recruiting them now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,275 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

More apologists. It's like Murphy and Coppinger are actively recruiting them now.

Shouldn't you be apologising for fat people on planes, complaining about prejudice etc? You tried to complain about a bullying thread in AH but revel in this.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I hate to admit it but I think she'll get to skip the queue on the housing list after all. The papers won't let up following her story. I can't see too many landlords willing to take them in knowing that they were overholding in their last place. I think she'll get the keys to her forever home soon

• Registered Users Posts: 21,585 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I hate to admit it but I think she'll get to skip the queue on the housing list after all. The papers won't let up following her story. I can't see too many landlords willing to take them in knowing that they were overholding in their last place. I think she'll get the keys to her forever home soon
    I'm so glad I have to get up at 6am every day to pay for her house.

I think you’re right. I just wish that the likes of the soldier and his wife were housed before her. Or any of the numerous families struggling to work and make ends meet in order to just pay their rent and put food on the table.

The kicker will be that when she gets housed, whenever her husband is released from jail he will be living with them and the line will be “we are trying again for the sake of our children”. The single mother thing is a myth here and it’s a kick in the teeth to all the single parents who are raising families on their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,939 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

I think you’re right. I just wish that the likes of the soldier and his wife were housed before her. Or any of the numerous families struggling to work and make ends meet in order to just pay their rent and put food on the table.

The kicker will be that when she gets housed, whenever her husband is released from jail he will be living with them and the line will be “we are trying again for the sake of our children”. The single mother thing is a myth here and it’s a kick in the teeth to all the single parents who are raising families on their own.

I believe they will make more money if he uses someone elses address & signs on as a single man. Her money drops a fair bit if she is no longer a lone parent with him living there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

ELM327 wrote: »
    Sleeper12 wrote: »
    I'm so glad I have to get up at 6am every day to pay for her house.

Just getting to work now - left house at 6.10am.

Love the enablers and apologists who put hard working taxpayers in quote marks, like we're not really!!!

Feels good yeah! /sarcasm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Love the enablers and apologists who put hard working taxpayers in quote marks, like we're not really!!!

Feels good yeah! /sarcasm

Well we're all apparently gaming the system ourselves. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭mickrock

Start working then and stop messing about on the internet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I am sure these have been asked but
    • where is the father or likely fathers?
    • where are her family?
    • where are the fathers family?

Disgusting that papers do not ask these simple questions before diving headlong into a story like this

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

No he is known and identified. Maybe inform yourself a bit better before making dumb posts.

Calling on others to inform themselves while still peddling the nonsense about no transport and leaving a kid behind. Which was debunked and confirmed to be nonsense live on the PK show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement