Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Family of seven sleep in Garda station Mod note post one

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

I've not parade my life and children all over social media for benefit.

I don't take a good 50 grand tax free of the Irish taxpayer and in return give them the finger.

I don't have options for my children and yet choose to use them as props in a Garda station so the optics look good.

I don't get drunk and go on the rob, culminating in being in a stolen car full of stolen goods.

Yet you and the other gullible ones defend this anti social parasite with nary a questioning glance.

Now for the sweet relief of the ignore button.

Fair play to you neither do I. However it's not about you and me.

would it suddenly change anyone's viewpoint if they had?

Can't really see why it matters. It's her current state that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,074 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Look, ranting about this person and her situation on boards, Facebook etc isn't going to change anything at all. If you wish to alter anything keep contacting your local politicians pointing out what you have issues with. Keep it short and to the point. Don't ramble or rant. Keep at it.

If you think the media have been too soft in her and failed to ask any meaningful questions well contact them in the same manner. Keep at it.

But if you do want to alter anything, keep the ranting and what about statements to a minimum. Find some verifiable facts and point out how you see this as unsustainable/sustainable whatever your position is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 921 ✭✭✭na1

Dannyriver wrote: »
    You d have to sit down with her and spend a day in her shoes to figure that one out I'm afraid. .
    I'd say you'd have to live next door to her house/apartment for a year or so, to make a conclusion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭22michael44

this comment on The Journal:

"I work with people who are on HAP or RA often and most are good people trying to get along . Cases of blatant abuse like this are extremely rare and are mama from heaven to the hard right.
    When the hard right says something people agree with it makes them that little bit more acceptable in people’s eyes.
    It isn’t the left that is gaining ground across Europe is it?"

definitely a frustrating thing about this case, as can be seen from many posts in this thread where people are saying things like 'give me a politican who sorts out the spongers and i'll vote for them, regardless of their less savoury policies' (i feel like that's what's been said, apologies if i'm misinterpreting). this kind of **** fuels the Right. it's music to their ears! i asked a question a few pages back that was completely ignored (so much for trying to 'contribute'), but would we rather be like the UK on this front?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,843 ✭✭✭✭Idbatterim

jjmcclure wrote: »
    Unfortunately I don't see the status quo in Ireland changing anytime soon,

There will be two broad categories of people.
    1. Those who are happy to work for a living and make their and their families futures brighter. They will also instill a good work ethic and social responsibility ethic in their children.

2. Those who will not work, will milk the systems and who will be paid for by group 1 from cradle to grave. Their children (in the main) will follow in their footsteps. This group will live a life of sloth, possibly criminality and generally being a burden on society.

I have been in the business community for many years and once attended a presentation from a charity, circa 2006, that explained they worked with families where 3 generations had never worked - Grandfather, Father and Son. AT THE HEIGHT OF THE BOOM!!! There is no excuse for this, and there is no excuse for it now. Ireland is practically at full employment.

I long for a center right party that will slash benefits, brutalize criminals and reward hard work and ambition. I fear I will never live to see such a party.

How can the silent majority be heard??
    At present only renua support no more welfare hikes. They might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But if you think voting ff and fg who have created this system will change anything, you are wrong ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭boombang

if you spent most of your time on twitter you'd be of the complete opposite impression (on the public mood). the loudest are not always representative of the majority.

I had noted that twitter seemed to be more about the bleeding heart liberal journalists saying what a disgrace her situation was. I wonder if that has something to do with the differences degree of anonymity between the average twitter account and a journal.ie/boards.ie. I suspect people are reluctant to share their honest if unpopular opinions the more identifiable they are from the forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,162 ✭✭✭✭tom1ie

You d have to sit down with her and spend a day in her shoes to figure that one out I'm afraid. That way you ll get a better perspective about what it was like for her growing up and the reasons behind where she is today and the choices that she makes.

Yeah that’s a great idea. So are you going to spout the same ****e about her kids when they have x amount of there own kids and are looking for houses provide€ by the taxpayer? It’s a vicious circle that can only be stopped if the system is changed. Monkey see monkey do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,837 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

"I work with people who are on HAP or RA often and most are good people trying to get along . Cases of blatant abuse like this are extremely rare and are mama from heaven to the hard right.
    When the hard right says something people agree with it makes them that little bit more acceptable in people’s eyes.

definitely a frustrating thing about this case, as can be seen from many posts in this thread where people are saying things like 'give me a politican who sorts out the spongers and i'll vote for them, regardless of their less savoury policies' (i feel like that's what's been said, apologies if i'm misinterpreting). this kind of **** fuels the Right. it's music to their ears! i asked a question a few pages back that was completely ignored (so much for trying to 'contribute'), but would we rather be like the UK on this front?

I agree . There will be a UKIP equivalent over here soon unfortunately

• Advertisement

Idbatterim wrote: »
    At present only renua support no more welfare hikes. They might not be everyone’s cup of tea. But if you think voting ff and fg who have created this system will change anything, you are wrong ...

Renua have too much other baggage to be considered.

Look, ranting about this person and her situation on boards, Facebook etc isn't going to change anything at all. If you wish to alter anything keep contacting your local politicians pointing out what you have issues with. Keep it short and to the point. Don't ramble or rant. Keep at it.

I disagree. The world we now live in is far more influenced by social media than ever before. While, I agree with you that people should raise issues with their politicians, I don't believe that most politicians give a flying fck about these cases, except where it directly affects their own influence.

Continued posting to boards, facebook, or other social media platforms encourages cases like these not to be forgotten. That's the real problem with Irish society now. The bad or negative cases are pushed into the background and forgotten, allowing the bleeding hearts to continue producing new problem cases to replace the old.

We, as a people, should be continuing to raise this as an issue, because politicians don't truly reflect the concerns of the people.
    If you think the media have been too soft in her and failed to ask any meaningful questions well contact them in the same manner. Keep ayt it.

The media are not going to give two ****s about what the general public think, because they're aware that the public forget and move on relatively quickly to new issues. That was shown very well with the economic downturn and the reaction to the banks. In spite of the initial public outrage, it died down relatively quickly. The media aren't going to alter their habits because the public say anything...
    But if you do want to alter anything, keep the ranting and what about statements to a minimum. Find some verifiable facts and pour out how you see this as unsustainable/sustainable whatever your position is.

Ranting no. Logical and reasonable arguments, yes. Repeated use of those arguments. Not allowing yourself to be pushed into the background by those who believe money grows on trees, and that everyone deserves a freebie lifestyle.

Taxpayers who are unhappy with the situation should speak out loudly and speak out often. Whatever medium they wish to use, use it. Just don't allow yourself to be silenced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Nothing wrong with that as long as they change "indigenous people" to "anyone who works hard".

Plenty of non-nationals grafting out there - they need protection also.

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭jjmcclure

boombang wrote: »
    I had noted that twitter seemed to be more about the bleeding heart liberal journalists saying what a disgrace her situation was. I wonder if that has something to do with the differences degree of anonymity between the average twitter account and a journal.ie/boards.ie. I suspect people are reluctant to share their honest if unpopular opinions the more identifiable they are from the forum.

I had a dinner party on Sunday for about 20 people. I brought up this topic and after some comments about it being a terrible situation and the governments fault bla bla bla I laid out the facts as I knew them. i.e. Offer a house previously, criminal record, frivolous spending on alcohol and other ridiculous items.

Peoples opinions quickly changed.!!!!

tom1ie wrote: »
    Renua have too much other baggage to be considered.

Right. I’m my opinion. This insane and immoral social welfare spend. The wealth transfer from the working have nots, to the work immune have it all, is the biggest scandal going in this country. “Too much baggage “! Lol. How do the others win more than a handful of votes in that case?

Yeah and that a problem. I would love to vote for a party that will increase usc and reduce Pasi or high rate of tax, reform welfare, indeed increase welfare for people that need it, make the like of ms cash go out and work, and not have any of the right wing catholic bull**** that would come with it. For example they would want immigrants out, no abortion, amalgamation of the church and state. That stuff is pure ****e but the first I speak of is what’s needed. There seems to be a vacuum for a party that will hit all these points, maybe a soft right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭TomSweeney

So it worked, she has been given a free 3 bed apt.
    I just signed a 30 year mortgage for a 310k 3 bed apartment.
    I have 2 kids - won't have anymore, that girl looks quite young - and she has 7 kids ... I wonder since she is so young when she will have her 8th .... 9th .... 10th .... +++

Joke the way she got so much sympathy.
    This welfare state is totally unsustainable.

jjmcclure wrote: »
    I had a dinner party on Sunday for about 20 people. I brought up this topic and after some comments about it being a terrible situation and the governments fault bla bla bla I laid out the facts as I knew them. i.e. Offer a house previously, criminal record, frivolous spending on alcohol and other ridiculous items.

Peoples opinions quickly changed.!!!!
    as has been pointed out. The media massively influence the uninformed opinions. The power they wield is massive ...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,568 ✭✭✭Chinasea

This is a slap in the face to all the hard working responsible tax payers in this country.

We are losing valueable hardworking tax paying individuals (who are sponsoring Ms Cash's irresponsible dysfunctional lifestyle) from our workforce who simply cannot afford to live and work in our citities.

Last month alone in the company I work for, two long standing of 14 years plus in Ireland, left to go home to their country as they simply could not afford the high rent and cramped inferior living conditions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

And it will be completely the fault of the far left. You cannot give everyone everything for free. Someone has to pay for it.
    By encouraging this behavior the far left are seeding a rise for a right wing org in the future.
    We need a balance in the middle and this is a prime example of not being it.

• Advertisement

Right. I’m my opinion. This insane and immoral social welfare spend. The wealth transfer from the working have nots, to the work immune have it all, is the biggest scandal going in this country. “Too much baggage “! Lol. How do the others win more than a handful of votes in that case?

Renua are an ultra catholic group. Another shower of gangsters that screwed this country for years. They might be tuff on welfare scamming but they are crap on every other subject.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,049 ✭✭✭Dannyriver

Yeah that’s a great idea. So are you going to spout the same ****e about her kids when they have x amount of there own kids and are looking for houses provide€ by the taxpayer? It’s a vicious circle that can only be stopped if the system is changed. Monkey see monkey do.

There are a lot of things that can be done to bridge the gap between those born into a social welfare existence and those not. Mind you it would involve many other areas also and a greater understanding and empathy from both sides.

as has been pointed out. The media massively influence the uninformed opinions. The power they wield is massive ...

I engaged with some "anti austerity" spoofers on Twitter before.

Told them they were gullible idiots in this case.

They replied "how are we ? Give us examples". I did.

"f**k off, you've no clue ya blueshirt bitch".

Melendez wrote: »

? What has that got to do with the majority on here criticizing her scamming of the state? There is no racism here.

Renua are an ultra catholic group. Another shower of gangsters that screwed this country for years. They might be tuff on welfare scamming but they are crap on every other subject.
    Socially they wouldn’t change anything. They might win a few seats. But on the outrageous welfare front and economics, they could hold some say! Somebody needs to shout stop! What do you think of in last years budget and likely in this years budget, a 1.50 a week tax cut, for a worker on 30k , while welfare was increased across the board by e5 and politicians branded anything less than e5 insulting ? Give me your opinion on that ....

? What has that got to do with the majority on here criticizing her scamming of the state? There is no racism here.

He desperately WANTS it to be anti Traveller racism as they we're all scumbags and we won't be able to question Ms Cash and her nefarious dealings.

I engaged with some "anti austerity" spoofers on Twitter before.

Told them they were gullible idiots in this case.

They replied "how are we ? Give us examples". I did.

"f**k off, you've no clue ya blueshirt bitch".
    you’ll never win those idiots over. What you need to get together is those of similar mind and inform, the massive amount of people in this country, who don’t have any in-depth clue as to most of its runnings, as to what a banana republic it is. Change has to be forced from the people. It won’t be done from inside ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Melendez

There are a lot of things that can be done to bridge the gap between those born into a social welfare existence and those not. Mind you it would involve many other areas also and a greater understanding and empathy from both sides.

Yes I agree. Examples include, capping children allowance at 2 if you are in receipt of a house provided by taxpayers.
    Job seekers allowance (or whatever it’s called) reduces after a set time of person does not get a job.
    Penalties on all handouts for the parents if children do not partake in full time education.

• Advertisement

Melendez wrote: »
    Actually there is. Off the top of my head - Getting the piebald horse up the stairs to her new apartment, what the housewarming would be like - straight of the traveller stereotype handbook. I have found over thirty direct posts that are abusive in nature and directed towards the traveller culture.
    Just imagine living next door to that **** show. God help the neighbors...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement