Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2017 Nvidia Shield

Options

Comments

Anyone here use eleven sports on it? Can't get it to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

TvIrl is one helluva app... finally a fast and usable IPTV solution!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,872 ✭✭✭bittihuduga

Basq wrote: »
    TvIrl is one helluva app... finally a fast and usable IPTV solution!

it is great.. only issue is program guide must be reloaded every 2 days..
    else its great. works with my tv remote and integrated into live channels

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Anyone here use eleven sports on it? Can't get it to work.
    It's probably a supplier issue I have 2 subs from different suppliers and eleven is crap on both of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,365 ✭✭✭✭McMurphy

ellobee wrote: »
    It's probably a supplier issue I have 2 subs from different suppliers and eleven is crap on both of them.

Works perfectly fine on mine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

Tommyboy87 wrote: »
    Going to America next month and am tempted to buy one. Does anyone know if the power supply comes with region-specific plug attachments or would it just be a US plug?

Just buy a US > UK adapter for 1€ in Dealz.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭redcup342

Just on that guys,

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/support/adapterrecall/

Check your plug to make sure it isn't a dodgy model

it is great.. only issue is program guide must be reloaded every 2 days..
    else its great. works with my tv remote and integrated into live channels
    When you say integrated into live channels what live channels do you mean,is it just live iptv or over the air channels or cable channels.

redcup342 wrote: »
    Just on that guys,

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/support/adapterrecall/

Check your plug to make sure it isn't a dodgy model

That's interesting.

I bought my Shield from Amazon France, but from memory it came with both UK and EU plugs, so have never actually used the EU one. Will check mine anyway.

When you say integrated into live channels what live channels do you mean,is it just live iptv or over the air channels or cable channels.

Pretty sure they mean the live channels app that is preinstalled on your Shield.

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    Pretty sure they mean the live channels app that is preinstalled on your Shield.
    Ok but do you know if that app is capable of integrating a number of sources say something like wooshbuild on the zgeemma where you can have sat. Channels and IPTV channels on the one epg.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Ok but do you know if that app is capable of integrating a number of sources say something like wooshbuild on the zgeemma where you can have sat. Channels and IPTV channels on the one epg.

TVirl are working on grouping, it is expected to be introduced soon, although they have said that it will be ready when it's ready.
    Import them in live channels app.

Suckit wrote: »
    TVirl are working on grouping, it is expected to be introduced soon, although they have said that it will be ready when it's ready.
    Import them in live channels app.
    so I can get my FTA sat channels and my iptv sub integrated into the live channels app, does anyone know if saorview can also be integrated, I think it could probably be done by using the HDhomerun box but thats an expensive solution, is there a cheaper way?? it would be great to have all my tv sources in the one place

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

so I can get my FTA sat channels and my iptv sub integrated into the live channels app, does anyone know if saorview can also be integrated, I think it could probably be done by using the HDhomerun box but thats an expensive solution, is there a cheaper way?? it would be great to have all my tv sources in the one place

Forgive the ignorant question but if you have an IPTV sub what FTA or Saorview channels are you missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

Forgive the ignorant question but if you have an IPTV sub what FTA or Saorview channels are you missing?

I was wondering the exact same thing because iptv has the full selection
    I have saorview as a back up on the tv in case the internet is out of action

The internet isn’t for everyone

OmegaGene wrote: »

100% the same. I've a combo FTA and Saorview box but increasingly we use the IPTV app (StbEmu) for content not available on the combo box and stick with it when switching to an FTA or Saorview channel and often forget entirely that we're watching via IPTV.

The only thing I haven't figured out on IPTV is how to record programs and in particular a "series watch" type function where you can set it to record all Match of the Day programs going forward and just forget about it. That would be great but as many of the IPTV channels have 24 hour rewind (and there are other sources to catch missed programs) it's not such a big deal.

ahh look we all know IPTV is not perfect I mainly use it for the sports and can put up with the odd bit of buffering or temporary freeze but my missus can't especially if she has her friends over watching strictly or some other rubbish so fta and saorview does her fine

Works perfectly fine on mine.
    Do you have an APK? I couldn't get an APK to work for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭OmegaGene

ahh look we all know IPTV is not perfect I mainly use it for the sports and can put up with the odd bit of buffering or temporary freeze but my missus can't especially if she has her friends over watching strictly or some other rubbish so fta and saorview does her fine

That’s a supplier issue I would say
    I had a very bad iptv once with no epg and constant freezing so I got rid of that one and now have a flawless viewing experience and never use fta or saorview but handy as a back up

The internet isn’t for everyone

I had a very bad iptv once with no epg and constant freezing so I got rid of that one and now have a flawless viewing experience and never use fta or saorview but handy as a back up
    I have tried numerous suppliers and haven't found one that was flawless, so you know what might next question is. Can you pm me the details

• Advertisement

Same here. ;)

Closed to new members now though AFAIK.

Same here. ;)

Closed to new members now though AFAIK.
    Sure let me try anyway they might recommend someone else if they won't take on new customers

Sure let me try anyway they might recommend someone else if they won't take on new customers
    yeah didn't think so, there are only a few main suppliers left everyone else is a reseller they are all selling the same thing and none of them are 100% flawless anyway it is what is and you get what you pay for. Anyway I'm getting off topic I'm looking forward to getting the shield and setting up my TV sources in the live channels app.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Yes, when it is ready. Saorview may be possible too but I can't say for sure.
    Yes, it is good to have them. I think flawless has different definitions here. IPTV is definitely not flawless. None of the main IPTV providers are selling true IPTV, so they are at the mercy of the providers feed. I think there was one main service feeding to a few others for a while but I believe that they are gone now. I prefer to have the backup FTA anyway in case any provider I am using decides to cram more customers on to their subs, and for outage issues. I am guessing many are on the same three services, possibly most.

Suckit wrote: »
    Yes, when it is ready. Saorview may be possible too but I can't say for sure.
    Yes, it is good to have them. I think flawless has different definitions here. IPTV is definitely not flawless. None of the main IPTV providers are selling true IPTV, so they are at the mercy of the providers feed. I think there was one main service feeding to a few others for a while but I believe that they are gone now. I prefer to have the backup FTA anyway in case any provider I am using decides to cram more customers on to their subs, and for outage issues. I am guessing many are on the same three services, possibly most.
    Yeah totally agree, I have also found that there are some really cheap providers out there offering as good a service as the more expensive ones. BTW what do you mean by when it's ready, are there changes coming to saorview or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

Yeah totally agree, I have also found that there are some really cheap providers out there offering as good a service as the more expensive ones. BTW what do you mean by when it's ready, are there changes coming to saorview or something.

Anyone looking for it pm me

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Off-topic, but is there a cheap, reliable HD freeview/Saorview box out there to put with an old but still very good dumb tv? It's for the ma, no way I'd get her head around the likes of IPTV!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Has anyone played GTA San Andreas on their Shield here? How's the controller support?

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭LimerickCity

So i setup TvIrl yesterday and after some long time trying to sort it out i gave up. 
    The problem i have is that it is importing all of the tv shows and movies from my IPTV sub. Over 18k in total so it goes so far and then times out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,928 ✭✭✭dodzy

corwill wrote: »
    Off-topic, but is there a cheap, reliable HD freeview/Saorview box out there to put with an old but still very good dumb tv? It's for the ma, no way I'd get her head around the likes of IPTV!

Any combo will do fine (SAT / TERR). But you'll need a sat dish for the UK stuff and antenna for the local channels. The ideal would be Freesat (channels auto update) for the UK stuff and separate for saorview but that 2 boxes/2 controls.

Have you dish or/and antenna in place ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement