Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

VF PAYG "Data User Plan" 15Gb/unlimited calls/texts €20/28 days

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

I ported out, after an hour rang and ported back. SIM delivered by Nightline the following day. Less than 24hours off the Vodafone networks and no time without my number.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

01902 wrote: »
    I ported out, after an hour rang and ported back. SIM delivered by Nightline the following day. Less than 24hours off the Vodafone networks and no time without my number.

Which network did you port out to?

• Registered Users Posts: 291 ✭✭01902

jamescd wrote:
    Which network did you port out to?

eir PAYG

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭editorsean

I just after receiving a call from Vodafone offering what appears to be this offer - 15GB, unlimited calls and texts and €5 credit for other usage, all for €20 top-up every 4 weeks and a free €20 top-up for the first interval. I ported to Three a few months ago. I never thought of asking if the unlimited calls was optional, i.e. where I could keep the €20.

I decided to hold off as as I currently use my Three bonus credit to pay for YouTube premium and I make very few calls and texts. Coincidentally, this is the first call I received in my house on Three having just installed a repeater (StellaDoradus 900MHz). Previously I had to drive 1km for the nearest usable Three signal on my mobile and even with Vodafone I had to go outside to make or receive a call.

I asked the sales person if the offer would still be available later and he said he could have someone call me back in a few months. I will probably take it up then, now that I can use my mobile at home. So it looks like this port-in offer will be available for some time to come, especially as they are using it lure back previous prepay customers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭orm0nd

studied this thread through and through before making the call

sim card
    arrived to day as promised

very little info on dispatch docket. but noticed incorrect mobile number on the delivery address

long story short just wasted 40 minutes with customer care mostly on hold.

hadnt a clue what I was on about , sim card number on back of card is not valid according to their records

now waiting for call back but won't hold my breath
    & i certainly won't be wasting any more time phoning them so the sake of a couple of euro a month over my present plan with eir

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭msmx5

orm0nd wrote: »
    sim card arrived to day as promised

very little info on dispatch docket. but noticed incorrect mobile number on the delivery address

This might be a typo relating to the delivery only... ie for the driver to call you if they couldn't deliver the SIM.

When you got through to the Belfast call centre to order this offer did the agent phone you back to confirm your number? You would imagine they'd have entered your correct number if they called you back.

I'd suggest you phone the Belfast Call centre to confirm...

I think my SIM arrived on a Friday, it ported either later that Friday or on Monday and it was late enough in the following week before the offer was activated.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

studied this thread through and through .....& i certainly won't be wasting any more time phoning them so the sake of a couple of euro a month over my present plan with eir

Sounds like you shouldn't have bothered in the first place:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,760 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Call the Belfast sales team back. Normal customer care won't be able to help you.

My wife ported over this week. Name and half the address were way off, it's a miracle it arrived at all. Then the port failed as they tried to Port the number from the wrong network. Got it all sorted after another call to the Belfast team again though. Number ported a few hours later and plan activated today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

Yeah, they got my address wrong too. As soon as I opened the door, the delivery man immediately pointed out the incorrect address. The Eircode was correct though, which is probably how he managed to find the right place.

Funnily enough, when I called to ask for free data, minutes and texts while waiting for the plan to activate, the woman asked me for my address. I told her the correct address, but then immediately told her that it might not match because they have recorded the wrong address and could she change it to the right one.

And then she says there's no need because they already have my correct address in the system. Which makes me wonder how they got my address wrong on the package in the 1st place. They have the correct address in the system but somehow printed out the wrong address on the postage label :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

Just as a heads up until the sim is active typing in the sim number wont bring anything up. For some reason they often have the wrong number typed on the docket for delivery. It was either missing the 0 at the start of the prefix or missing the last digit. Hopefully you get sorted but I would go back to the Belfast call centre and not customer care though. Customer care is hopeless for support for anything until the plan itself is activated- outside of applying free allowances they don't know this plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭kalych

OmegaGene wrote: »
    I ported herself over to Vodafone from eir and the signal is soooo much better, Vodafone also gave €40 of credit and 30gb of data so it’s more than a couple of euro as you put it
    The way it’s going to work out it’s going to cost €160 for the year, a precious poster mentioned a way of skipping topping up every third month

I somehow missed this post, would you have the details on how. I can’t seem to find anything on this. Thx!

kalych wrote: »
    I somehow missed this post, would you have the details on how. I can’t seem to find anything on this. Thx!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=107964434&postcount=1247

I called the Belfast Centre and & pressed 2 for sales, answered almost immediately by a gentleman with an NI accent,

told him the issue and without asking any names, query re number, etc transferred me to care,

that's when the fun started , very polite female obviously of asian descent kept asking did i want a new sim , eventually asked for the 2 numbers and after explaining at least 15 times which was the correct 1. asked for the long number on the back of the sim, gave her this and said that the number didn't exist,

repeated the number in groups of 4 with her reading back to me got the same result

needless to say no call back recd.

I know in some instances these people are paid pittance for their work, but if VF couldn;t be bothered having somebody step in to resolve the issue after 40 mins + . I'm not wasting any further time & raising my BP

dodzy wrote: »
    Sounds like you shouldn't have bothered in the first place:rolleyes:

+1

If you read the thread you will see people advised when you get a foreign call centre hang up

well the NI guy did SFA for me and the same could said for the NI moron that took my details and order .. so go figure

Maybe ask someone else to do it for you
    You don’t seem to have the patience for this lol

are you offering to do it ? I'll pm you my details.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭corks finest

If you read the thread you will see people advised when you get a foreign call centre hang up

well the NI guy did SFA for me and the same could said for the NI moron that took my details and order .. so go figure
    Must have been unlucky bud

Must have been unlucky bud

Maybe bud. But just reading their reviews for customer care elsewhere maybe it's as well I stay with what I'm at.
    It just amazes me that business's can continue with such an appaling attitude
    If I carried on my work likewise I wouldn't last long in business

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Just as a heads up until the sim is active typing in the sim number wont bring anything up. For some reason they often have the wrong number typed on the docket for delivery. It was either missing the 0 at the start of the prefix or missing the last digit. Hopefully you get sorted but I would go back to the Belfast call centre and not customer care though. Customer care is hopeless for support for anything until the plan itself is activated- outside of applying free allowances they don't know this plan

Sorry missed your post earlier. No they had a full number just had a 7 instead of a 0. Even though the number was read back twice during the initial conversation. My main concern then was that they would port someone else's number. Apparently anything is possible with this crowd.

When you asked for the data only plan they should have rang your number back to confirm it was the correct number, at this stage 100’s of people have managed to do it without too much hassle.
    Shortly after the sim was delivered your original eir sim should have died and if not then it’s possible you didn’t ask or didn’t get the correct data only sim plan

I specified the plan and he told me the benefits which were as outlined in this forum , no call back

anyhow I'm not going to hog the forum any longer

Thanks for replies and suggestions, it just wasnt to be I suppose, a couple of family members were interested in the plan also but after showing them my posts on here and the call log from my phone, they wouldn't touch it

Cheers !

• Advertisement

When you asked for the data only plan they should have rang your number back to confirm it was the correct number, at this stage 100’s of people have managed to do it without too much hassle.
    Shortly after the sim was delivered your original eir sim should have died and if not then it’s possible you didn’t ask or didn’t get the correct data only sim plan

I specified the plan and he told me the benefits which were as outlined in this forum , no call back

Thanks for replies and suggestions, it just wasnt to be I suppose, a couple of family members were interested in the plan also but after showing them my posts on here and the call log from my phone, they wouldn't touch it

Cheers !
    Go into store vodaphone X is to me just as good,no fcuking about

• Registered Users Posts: 5,225 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

The 100 minutes a month would be my concern , my wife could do that in one go talking to her mum, even though she seen her the day before!.
    Admit though i wont be trying it, porting your number back and forward, talking to right person, does seem like a lot to do to get offer.

SCOOP 64 wrote: »

The 100 minutes a month would be my concern , my wife could do that in one go talking to her mum, even though she seen her the day before!.
    Admit though i wont be trying it, porting your number back and forward, talking to right person, does seem like a lot to do to get offer.
    Honestly I had a similar run around,but kept phoning until I got the right person,think 3rd or fourth in an hour, worth it

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I ported this week. Totally seamless.
    The plan wasn't ready to go live the day it was supposed to so the agent gave me credit and data to tide me over. However later that day, my plan was ready and the agent rang me back to tell me and gave me the first month free!
    I'm really impressed with the service but a tad disappointed that in places in my house, the coverage goes a bit patchy but after having massive coverage dropping issues with Tesco, this should be a doddle.

To thine own self be true

The plan wasn't ready to go live the day it was supposed to so the agent gave me credit and data to tide me over. However later that day, my plan was ready and the agent rang me back to tell me and gave me the first month free!
    I'm really impressed with the service but a tad disappointed that in places in my house, the coverage goes a bit patchy but after having massive coverage dropping issues with Tesco, this should be a doddle.
    4G ?

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭gazzaman22

Any body know if.....
    IOU-ing somebody on the same plan €20 Will activate the data user plan.... or is that just wishful thinking?

You may need to contact them on live chat and ask them to enable 4g on your account.

You should see a chat bubble on this page on mobile.

https://n.vodafone.ie/support/pay-as-you-go-hub.html

• Registered Users Posts: 13,028 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

4G ?

Sometimes!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 349 ✭✭JustMac

Cheers !

I tried to get onto this plan last week, moving from TescoMobile.

I was waiting for a call back within minutes but it never happened. Anyway rang back and next person appeared to hang up on me (accidentally??). Third time it as explained that the reason that I didn't get the callback is that I have opted out of most/all communication with vodafone when signing up for broadband. They said they would change this for me and ring me back, still waiting 4 days later.

Anyway, I reckon that I will give it another go this week.

• Advertisement

JustMac wrote: »

Cheers !

I tried to get onto this plan last week, moving from TescoMobile.

I was waiting for a call back within minutes but it never happened. Anyway rang back and next person appeared to hang up on me (accidentally??). Third time it as explained that the reason that I didn't get the callback is that I have opted out of most/all communication with vodafone when signing up for broadband. They said they would change this for me and ring me back, still waiting 4 days later.

Anyway, I reckon that I will give it another go this week.
    Keep going worth it,,,, obviously only chat to the N of Ireland guys

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement