Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John Connors is a bit of a wanker

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

Feisar wrote: »
    Have to disagree here, nearly all Irish people can spot a member of the travelling community a mile away.

Not based on any physical trait.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

He'll probably start petitioning the Vatican to begin the beautification process early.

In fairness she's not a bad looking bird to start with...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭EICVD

A bit?

• Site Banned Posts: 272 ✭✭Loves_lorries

Amirani wrote: »

In most cases, its easy to identify a traveller, especially traveller women.

Tubridy will certainly mention it, and tomorrow Joe.dot.nothanks will have one of their 3-4 weekly Saturday Late Late show articles* mentioning how Tubbers broke ranks from the comfort zone to ask Conners the "questions that matter"

*another of which will be "did you see that mad lad in the audience, he looked straight at the camera!! mad craic altogether"

In fairness to tubs, the last time he interviewed Connors, he was roasted on twitter for being disrespectful, the interview was tough by PC rte standards but nothing out of order.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I can't put it into words but travellers do have a certain look. Pretty easy to spot in a lineup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,555 ✭✭✭Roger Hassenforder

mloc123 wrote: »
    I can't put it into words but travellers do have a certain look. Pretty easy to spot in a lineup.

Ah that's not fair...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

mloc123 wrote: »

I think I'd struggle, but I haven't had a tonne of direct interaction.

Throw in clothing, demeanor and accents and it becomes clearer, but I'm not sure I'd easily identify a traveller purely based on their physical/racial features.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭stratowide

I think I'd struggle, but I haven't had a tonne of direct interaction.

Throw in clothing, demeanor and accents and it becomes clearer, but I'm not sure I'd easily identify a traveller purely based on their physical/racial features.

Read Blink by Malcolm Gladwell.

Your subconscious mind makes the link.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Now ladies and gentlemen John and old friend of the show Big Joe Joyce will perform My heart will go on accompanied by Frank McNamara on piano

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,939 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Feisar wrote: »
    Have to disagree here, nearly all Irish people can spot a member of the travelling community a mile away.

Because they're in your shed

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Now ladies and gentlemen John and old friend of the show Big Joe Joyce will perform My heart will go on accompanied by Frank McNamara on piano
    And then Nevin Maguire will launch his new book, Shite in a Bucket

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

I did have some respect for John Connors right up until that Lidl tweet. He blew it then and I'd love to see him defend that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,261 ✭✭✭Homer

In most cases, its easy to identify a traveller, especially traveller women.

Yep.. huge bangers. Must be something in the water. That or the inbreeding.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

He's been dead to Official Ireland when he advocated voting no to the 8th referendum. He's probably on to fill the quota. There's nobody else from the "traveller community" to bump the token

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Tubridy will certainly mention it, and tomorrow Joe.dot.nothanks will have one of their 3-4 weekly Saturday Late Late show articles* mentioning how Tubbers broke ranks from the comfort zone to ask Conners the "questions that matter"

*another of which will be "did you see that mad lad in the audience, he looked straight at the camera!! mad craic altogether"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

The poor lad - how the heck is he creepy?! (Saying that about the person who titled the vid).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 409 ✭✭Sassygirl1999

genocidal thread

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Not the Late Late but this guy was the smoothest of them all.

...and the inevitable remix

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Late late show, he didnt exactly cover himself in glory. Referred to Gardai as scum and then critical of those who call him a knacker. The lad-ee doth protest too much methinks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

guylikeme wrote: »
    Late late show, he didnt exactly cover himself in glory. Referred to Gardai as scum and then critical of those who call him a knacker. The lad-ee doth protest too much methinks.

Thanks for the update as I couldn't watch that sh1te and especially couldn't watch that sh1te with a tool like him on being given any air time to spout such pure Sh1te

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

guylikeme wrote: »

Disgusted by this tbh.
    Garda are front of line keeping the rule of law and order in our society. To be labelled as "scum" by Connors is a horrible term.
    This week some family will answer the door to a garda who will have to break the news to them that a family member has died in an accident.
    This week at least one member will be attacked trying to keep the peace.
    This week a garda will be spat at or verbally abused.
    This week at least one member will have to perform CPR on someone.
    This week at least one member will be st the scene of a car accident and witness some horrific scene.

What will Connors or his like do this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭guylikeme

Thanks for the update as I couldn't watch that sh1te and especially couldn't watch that sh1te with a tool like him on being given any air time to spout such pure Sh1te

They edited it out on the player. Id say he mighty be invited back again, though they continue to give bigger tools airtime(think that right whinger woman who i wont name).

Yes i spelled that correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,242 ✭✭✭✭jake is right

See thread title. It says it all !

Tell me why is he now a "celebrity" ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,845 ✭✭✭timthumbni

I don’t know why people skirt around this issue. In NI I have had thankfully little contact with travellers as they tend to stay around the nationalist side up here. The few encounters I have had and talking with others who have had have been entirely negative.

Endless anti social behaviour and stealing. No one wants that carry on as neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭jay0109

They may have taken it off the rte player but the Indo is reporting he reiterated it on his twitter a/c. Though it could be construed he's calling RTE scum also.

That should be the end of him on the telly, box ticking or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Calling the guards scum - how unpredictable. Yeah they're like the secret police... whom you could call scum no problem.

He really is despicable.
    See thread title. It says it all !

Tell me why is he now a "celebrity" ?
    Because well heeled idiots feel good about themselves for championing him.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

timthumbni wrote: »
    I don’t know why people skirt around this issue. In NI I have had thankfully little contact with travellers as they tend to stay around the nationalist side up here. The few encounters I have had and talking with others who have had have been entirely negative.

Endless anti social behaviour and stealing. No one wants that carry on as neighbours.

Are you one of those ex Loyalist Paramilitaries he was referring to?

286090c304109576b89ccf9502c03707.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 34,044 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

I would not like be person who took a pint of his by accident in the pub I will put it that way.

Really wanted to like him as I admire where he has come from but still.

• Advertisement

I would not like be person who took a pint of his by accident in the pub I will put it that way.

Really wanted to like him as I admire where he has come from but still.

What's to admire?

His profile is completely down to the uber political correctness of rte, they can't get enough of minority profiles.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement