Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,150 ✭✭✭✭Hurrache

Parallels to McCarthyism now.

So farts, sore stomachs, don't you know I went to Yale and I like beer is the theme for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,473 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

The woman from Arizona might as well go home. The GOP are going to ask their own questions.

The woman from Arizona might as well go home. The GOP are going to ask their own questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,683 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Hurrache wrote: »
    Parallels to McCarthyism now.

So farts, sore stomachs, don't you know I went to Yale and I like beer is the theme for the night.

Yeah sure he was a virgin and didn't drink much. Yet he was the captain of numerous sports teams and his calendar is filled with drink related activities.

He's a liar. A serial liar.

That was awesome from senator graham ��
    No it wasn't.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

To be fair, going through anyone's year book article in forensic detail decades later in what is basically a professional job interview is pretty tough for anyone.

Yeah?? It's being done every day by employers who investigate Social Media pages of applicants. These days, ppl write the equivalent of a Yearbook page every single day on Facebook!

And this is a job he's going for.. And its a lifetime appointment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

I really need to do some stuff around the house, but I cannot stop watching this.. it's crazy, he's as unhinged as the fella that nominated him

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

He's all "Yes sir senator" now.
    No deference shown when he's being questioned by Dems though.

GOP aren't questioning, they're just making statements.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,538 ✭✭✭✭Trigger

Did anyone really expect anything else?

• Advertisement

astradave wrote: »
    I really need to do some stuff around the house, but I cannot stop watching this.. it's crazy, he's as unhinged as the fella that nominated him

Yeah,I hope they break soon... I need a pee!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

To be fair, going through anyone's year book article in forensic detail decades later in what is basically a professional job interview is pretty tough for anyone.

I dunno. I'd be pretty safe with it bar probably an awful photo. Mind you, me and 16 classmates didn't decide to record for future generations a nasty insinuation of having sex with another student and dropping and making a mockery of them.

Is it a common thing or something that it'd be so hard to defend your yearbook entry years later?

Well they let the lady from Arizona ask Dr Ford the questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,165 ✭✭✭Captain Obvious

It's not up to the accuser to prove anything, it's up to the prosecutor. And the bit in between is the investigator.

Nah.

Someone just pointed out the discrepancy between his attitude between GOP and DEM senators. Lots of US based people tweeting that with the obvious disdain for the democrats he shouldn't get the position for that alone.

To be fair, the Dems were doing the same thing with Dr Ford earlier..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

You must of missed Ford's part. The Democrats statements made her out to be an angel incarnate

TomOnBoard wrote: »
    To be fair, the Dems were doing the same thing with Dr Ford earlier..

Missed that bit. I had no intention of watching this either and yet here I still am!

• Registered Users Posts: 53,897 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

wow he is really coming across very very badly.

Really nasty tbh

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Is he asking if the senator was a drunk in the past?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭SimonTemplar

He's coming across like a petulant teenager.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,552 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

Grassley still waffling about the FBI while refusing to get them to investigate. Stupid ass. The judge has been through 6 FBI investigations in the past with nothing turning up adverse to him, now all of a sudden Grassley & Co don't see the need for one when three women have reported they were sexually assaulted by the judge in the past al, because the FBI doesn't reach conclusions after it's investigations. Senator, pull the other one.

Headshot wrote: »

Really nasty tbh

That retort to Klobuchar was pretty insane!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,551 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Nah.

Someone just pointed out the discrepancy between his attitude between GOP and DEM senators. Lots of US based people tweeting that with the obvious disdain for the democrats he shouldn't get the position for that alone.

Wouldn't blame him the Democrats decided to try and destroy this guy's life in the name of protecting roe vs wade. They probably feel it's justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,164 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

the fact that he goes from this strained nice guy persona to angry, tearfu,l passive aggressive , is really disingenuous..... I don't like this guy

Senator Amy Klobuchar is doing a good job here. Why was that question relevant from Kavanagh about whether Senator Klobubhar liked to drink ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,475 ✭✭✭drkpower

This whole charade just shows how divisive US politics has become. It’s hard to determine the truth of what ford and kavanaugh are saying, in their own ways both seem quite credible, but the idea that a Supreme Court nomination could be derailed by a 36 year old uncorrobarated allegation is absurd.

I’m no fan of trump or Kavanaugh’s politics, but if this were happening in reverse, the response would be much different.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,881 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

He's still running with it being a Democrat conspiracy against him but nobody honestly believes the Democrats came up with 4 actresses to make false claims of sexual assault against someone, especially when one of them mentioned it in therapy in 2012, it just doesn't make sense...

Agree about his attitude to Democrats vs Republicans aswell, that should disqualify him on its own.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,020 ✭✭✭Call me Al

Headshot wrote: »

Really nasty tbh
    Yes . Really very unpleasant to Klobacher. Questioning her back like a petulant child when she was being nothing but civil courteous and polite in her questions to him.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't blame him the Democrats decided to try and destroy this guy's life in the name of protecting roe vs wade. They probably feel it's justified.

Yeah, thanks for simplifying that for us. We were all thinking it was because of sexual assault claims.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement