Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2018 Ryder Cup

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

McIlroy the only player without a birdie to his name out there. Only 2 birdies in that European team today, par golf won't do in fourballs.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

Great fightback from Casey/Hatton, thought that was a point gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,176 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

frink wrote: »
    Great fightback from Casey/Hatton, thought that was a point gone.

If that game gets a Europe win it'll be big. Must be a great back 9

• Registered Users Posts: 17,724 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Great stuff again from Frankie

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

I wish Sky would show the overall state of play more regularly. Hard to keep up!

They could easily have a mini graphic down on the bottom left with all 4 match scores...

• Advertisement

ligerdub wrote: »
    McIlroy the only player without a birdie to his name out there. Only 2 birdies in that European team today, par golf won't do in fourballs.

Olesen doing much of gruntwork, Rors will be a spectator this afternoon.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Barnaboy wrote: »
    I wish Sky would show the overall state of play more regularly. Hard to keep up!

They could easily have a mini graphic down on the bottom left with all 4 match scores...

If you have an iPhone look up “Ryder cup 2018” in App Store. There is a really good free app that also has I think bbc live radio coverage aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Capt Peacock

Fleetwood looking hopeless today, missing everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,281 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Finau gets the Darren Clarke moment on the 16th. :D

Wow, lucky as hell for finau

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement

Finau with fluke of the year!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

haha that shot from Finau.
    Jammy jammy man.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Don’t think he benches Rory for the afternoon but no complaints if he did. Could be Rory/Poulter for the 4somes maybe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭HighLine

Such a shame our "fans" have dropped to the level of the US fans when we go stateside.

https://twitter.com/NoLayingUp/status/1045623873285296130

• Registered Users Posts: 12,906 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Don’t think he benches Rory for the afternoon but no complaints if he did.

Bang on imo

Rory has to be dropped. He is a liability. Game is off, dropping him might help refocus the mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭Pints?

As poor as Mcilroy has been it would still be a brave decision by Bjorn to drop him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Wasn't overly fond of Bjorn's pairings

Pints? wrote: »
    As poor as Mcilroy has been it would still be a brave decision by Bjorn to drop him.

He has plenty of experience though to bring in so I don't see the issue resting him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

Is it just me or are some of the camera angles shocking. You cant even see the hole on some of the putting views.

• Advertisement

Rose and Rahm are a great pairing. No way Bjorn will split them up. Rose is a wonderful leader.

kiers47 wrote: »
    Is it just me or are some of the camera angles shocking. You cant even see the hole on some of the putting views.

Agreed, was just thinking the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

I would put Mcilroy and poulter together. I don't think the leader/senior type role suits him. Poulter might spark something in him.

There's no way he won't play this afternoon regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Disaster if Europe didn’t get something from this top match. US had all the luck in this one it has to be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it can't be overstated just how bad that was from Rory.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably better to let Rory get confidence back quick rather than let him stew overnight

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭frink

kiers47 wrote: »

Not a fan of some of the tee shot angles either. No idea where it is going. They should have a tracer on the first

• Registered Users Posts: 36,134 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

it also can't be overstated how important Rose is going to be if Europe are even to remain competitive.

Oooo Justin you plonker

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Badger2009

All of the water makes for some great excitement. Course management with your partner is very important .

Advertisement