Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NEW 2018 Assistant Principal Officer Competition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,812 ✭✭✭Addle

Making so many enquiries isn't going to speed up the process anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭HartsHat

Addle wrote: »
    Making so many enquiries isn't going to speed up the process anyways.

Exactly. Also, what difference does it make? They'll be out when they're out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

There's been a total of 1 enquiry made on this thread.

It makes a difference because the timing affects stage 2 which needs in person attendance.

• Registered Users Posts: 915 ✭✭✭never_mind

HartsHat wrote: »
    Exactly. Also, what difference does it make? They'll be out when they're out.

It's never any harm to query things... it might make PAS aware that we haven't forgotten about them either :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭TaurenDruid

One enquiry which resulted in 7 random guesses and then 10 posts about contacting PAS... the signal to noise ratio is not good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

One enquiry which resulted in 7 random guesses and then 10 posts about contacting PAS... the signal to noise ratio is not good.

If it makes a difference I also called PAS. Asked about the results and got same response. Ask was there even a rough placeholder for stage two - even just a 2 month window. Got nothing.

I've decided that today is the day.*

(*based on nothing)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

That'd be great. I wonder though. There was an AO comp closed during the week so they are probably busy with that.
    Lots more comps closing next week inc 1st Sec.
    Not sure if it's the same staff dealing with those volumes though....

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Kilometres na gcopaleen

never_mind wrote: »
    I've decided that today is the day.*

(*based on nothing)

I'd as soon have this weekend ruined as any other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Beebeebug

Lol. I vote this afternoon too. It's always a friday afternoon after the PAS phones are shut down for the weekend...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 554 ✭✭✭brownbinman

It'll 100% be a friday for that exact reason

I'd as soon have this weekend ruined as any other one.

I wish I was just being humble by saying this but I definitely failed. I just want to know so I can have an excuse to go for pints and then apply to several other jobs over the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Austin1

I wish I was just being humble by saying this but I definitely failed. I just want to know so I can have an excuse to go for pints and then apply to several other jobs over the weekend.

I share your sentiments!

Just not the bank holiday weekend.

Please, PAS - we all know you're on here like stasi operatives ( :pac: ) so don't ruin people's days by dumping the results out just before the bank holiday weekend.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

quad_red wrote: »
    Just not the bank holiday weekend.

Please, PAS - we all know you're on here like stasi operatives ( :pac: ) so don't ruin people's days by dumping the results out just before the bank holiday weekend.

I thought it was some sort of policy to get them out on the Friday afternoon of bank holiday weekends? Seems to happen an improbably high proportion of times......?

I thought it was some sort of policy to get them out on the Friday afternoon of bank holiday weekends? Seems to happen an improbably high proportion of times......?

That’s why I said it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭ParkRunner

I imagine results will be this week if their key dates originally had them shortlisting by mid October. I expect to fail the maths though so could be way off on this extrapolation :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭BobCat123

Would the timelines now be changed as the online tests had to be postponed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Crunchymomma

BobCat123 wrote: »
    Would the timelines now be changed as the online tests had to be postponed?

Original timeline said early to mid October so even pushing it back it should be mid to late oct, I mean they were 6 days behind so it shouldn't really push it back much more than that.

Hopefully it will be this week at some stage, two weeks tomorrow since the deadline. They're bound to have the results processed.

• Advertisement

Just got a text.. for another comp (AO)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Same.
    Ugh I was all nervous.
    At least getting that done will distract me.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 squelch666

hi what is the competition? i only see AP for donegal advertised

squelch666 wrote: »
    hi what is the competition? i only see AP for donegal advertised

Administrative Officer (AO) - deadline has passed unfortunately.

Are people applying for the First Sec role?

How do you apply for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Sir Ophiuchus

Thanks for the heads up! I said **** it and impulsively applied! 99% of the experience I listed for AP is transferable, and a lot of my work is international-focused, so why not?!
    BobCat123 wrote: »
    How do you apply for it?

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=99442

Deadline is tomorrow (18th). Form is almost exactly the same as the AP one.

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭WAW

Thanks for the heads up! I said **** it and impulsively applied! 99% of the experience I listed for AP is transferable, and a lot of my work is international-focused, so why not?!

https://www.publicjobs.ie/en/index.php?option=com_jobsearch&view=jobdetails&Itemid=263&cid=99442

Deadline is tomorrow (18th). Form is almost exactly the same as the AP one.

Fair play to you! How did you handle the Foreign Policy element?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭tea and coffee

Any person working in any department should have some interaction with EU legislation, however tangential, or some sort of Brexit prep. Likewise the private sector- Brexit proofing or having to change something at work due to EU leg..... you could try get a paragraph out of that, if that helps anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Had a look at the details- and decided as I have young children, and don't mind travel for a day here or there- that it would be too much to try and bring my family abroad for a protracted period of time. It would better suit someone younger than I am- who doesn't have children or other ties to consider. Being away for a couple of days is one thing- being away for 3 year placements- is quite another.

Advertisement