Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Has anything genuinely creepy or unnerving ever happened to you?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 398 ✭✭DanMurphy

Day Lewin wrote: »
    @Graces7

- No offense meant, but, if the cottage was that creepy (on that island full of ghosts), why did you go on living there?
    And if the island was so small, why did you have a car?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Or why the airport would tell a random caller they've lost a plane off the radar?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

No offense but that sounds like something from a book......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

No offense but that sounds like something from a book......

And not even a very good one!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,281 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

Anyone who is familiar with graces7 posts knows she has a great imagination and way with words.

• Advertisement

razorblunt wrote: »
    Is it just me that reads all of Graces posts in William Shatner's voice?

Try missus brown it’s even more entertaining haha

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

DanMurphy wrote: »
    And if the island was so small, why did you have a car?

Would to love hear another story from you Dan, I still go back every so often and read your last one.

Which one was that?

razorblunt wrote: »
    Or why the airport would tell a random caller they've lost a plane off the radar?

And also if it was a basic airstrip on a remote island where would you “check in” for the flight.

Questions questions ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Which one was that?

This one

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106266104&postcount=4955

Sends shivers down my spine, any activity since?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,424 ✭✭✭notobtuse

Back in 1974 I briefly hooked up with one of the girls from Charlie Manson’s family.  Took me a couple of days to realize she was off the rails and a couple more days of hiding until she stopped coming around looking for me.  You’d think seeing the ‘X’ carved in her forehead when she pulled back her bangs would have unnerved me and sent me running immediately... But a young man’s raging hormones trump common sense at times, I guess.

You can ignorantly accuse me of "whataboutism," but what it really is involves identifying similar scenarios in order to see if it holds up when the shoe is on the other foot!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,231 ✭✭✭Jim Bob Scratcher

This one

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106266104&postcount=4955

Sends shivers down my spine, any activity since?

Great post, Dan

Ahh yes...this old place has history alright.
    It was part of the Estate of an Irish MP in the house of Commons (1911) and only came into private ownership in the 1930s. I am only the third owner. The first owners were French and moved in while on their honeymoon. Sadly, the wife died on her second night here and the husband legged it back to France. (This info from my 102 year old source back in 1982)
    The house was then let, and sublet, for the next 20 years until it was sold in the 1950s. I got to know some of the families that sub-let the place in the 1940s, old people now, but were reared here and told me their stories of the place. A few of them declined to visit us, as they were still scared of the place!

Anyway, that's enough about the house.
    Yet, there's still the passing shadow's seen with the corner of the eye, and the footsteps upstairs on the landing, crossing into a bedroom and it's so much part of living here at this stage that it's hardly remarked on anymore.

Ahh yes...this old place has history alright.
    It was part of the Estate of an Irish MP in the house of Commons (1911) and only came into private ownership in the 1930s. I am only the third owner. The first owners were French and moved in while on their honeymoon. Sadly, the wife died on her second night here and the husband legged it back to France. (This info from my 102 year old source back in 1982)
    The house was then let, and sublet, for the next 20 years until it was sold in the 1950s. I got to know some of the families that sub-let the place in the 1940s, old people now, but were reared here and told me their stories of the place. A few of them declined to visit us, as they were still scared of the place!

Anyway, that's enough about the house.
    Yet, there's still the passing shadow's seen with the corner of the eye, and the footsteps upstairs on the landing, crossing into a bedroom and it's so much part of living here at this stage that it's hardly remarked on anymore.

Would it ever disturb your sleep? wake you in the middle of the night?

Sure, I've often woke up wondering what disturbed me with the 'someone's looking down at me' feeling. As I said before, if I had my face covered, I'd be **** scared to look about!
    The old 'someone just sat down on the end of the bed' scenario! But not for years now, though it was a common occurrence some years ago.
    My old bedroom (the one I shared with my late wife) well... you wouldn't get me to sleep in there if you paid me!
    It's a store room now and I never go in there anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭oceanman

fantastic post dan..fair play for sharing with us.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,728 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

What part of the country are you Dan?

In the deepest Midlands!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,995 ✭✭✭Ipso

In the deepest Midlands!

Can't be Longford, that's deepest, darkest Midlands.

In the deepest Midlands!

I’m guessing Laois

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Holy Jesus Dan's post has freaked me out! The clergyman peeking through the bannister :eek:

Where we live now I constantly see shadows. Constantly. But I never really thought much if it. Till my next door neighbour mentioned to me that my son had said he saw someone in the mirror...I was like what?! I told her about the shadows, laughing that he must be as nuts as me. And she said to get a priest! No messing. She said she had a priest exorcise (or however it's phrased) about 20 years ago, because there were constant noises, knocking on windows, doors, shadows, things going missing. This woman is otherwise really sane and really clued in. It would have to be something really severe for her to go to those lengths. She really surprised/freaked me out.

In my heart of hearts I don't believe in ghosts, they couldn't possibly exist...but I still leg it to the toilet in the middle of the night in split second timing in case something grabs me :D

Holy Jesus Dan's post has freaked me out! The clergyman peeking through the bannister :eek:

Where we live now I constantly see shadows. Constantly. But I never really thought much if it. Till my next door neighbour mentioned to me that my son had said he saw someone in the mirror...I was like what?! I told her about the shadows, laughing that he must be as nuts as me. And she said to get a priest! No messing. She said she had a priest exorcise (or however it's phrased) about 20 years ago, because there were constant noises, knocking on windows, doors, shadows, things going missing. This woman is otherwise really sane and really clued in. It would have to be something really severe for her to go to those lengths. She really surprised/freaked me out.

In my heart of hearts I don't believe in ghosts, they couldn't possibly exist...but I still leg it to the toilet in the middle of the night in split second timing in case something grabs me :D

Did you get someone in?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,935 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hannibal_Smith

Did you get someone in?

No, I'd be more afraid of a priest around me kids than a ghost :D

But seriously, i know in my head there can't be anything actually there, but i am still wondering am I taunting it by typing that :D

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Ohhhhhhh Hallllllooowwwweeeeeennnnnn

House I'm staying at is said to be somewhat haunted.

You hear footsteps and creaking sounds that's about it oh and the odd time sounds like someone on the stairs.

Years ago up the Dublin mountains at 3 am we were up to meet a few that were camping out and came across a bearded man and a young child in the Forrest.......

It was so strange more so because it was a school night.... Nothing else seemed out of place at all......

We never spoke of it again as I somewhat believe they weren't really there but who knows....

And no I had no coke consumed or were on mushrooms.... Actually quite freaky to be honest.

House I'm staying at is said to be somewhat haunted.

You hear footsteps and creaking sounds that's about it oh and the odd time sounds like someone on the stairs.

Years ago up the Dublin mountains at 3 am we were up to meet a few that were camping out and came across a bearded man and a young child in the Forrest.......

It was so strange more so because it was a school night.... Nothing else seemed out of place at all......

We never spoke of it again as I somewhat believe they weren't really there but who knows....

And no I had no coke consumed or were on mushrooms.... Actually quite freaky to be honest.

Ehhh, the guards should’ve been called on this occasion. No joke!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

Slumber party in Dans!!

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Ehhh, the guards should’ve been called on this occasion. No joke!

Maybe you're right but we weren't that old and suppose were more in shock.

I really hope it was nothing dodgy and never heard anything of anyone missing etc around that time.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Some interesting and actually offensive comments on my post... Accusing someone of lying or making things up is not acceptable.

I never ever lie ; it is against everything I am and believe in. And my life is deeply rooted in reality.

So I reply openly. And respect you in doing so.

What you term imagination is known as perception. reading other posts here there is plenty of that around... some folk are gifted with it. So not all see and hear what some here do

This dimension that is real and factual.

All I wrote was true and factual and was recorded and checked by reputable spiritual authorities, and local folk on that island for generations ; some was in the local press.

Must have really rattled some nerves! Which I thought was the aim of the
    thread....lol

There was an annual official publication in the decades around that time called the Statistical Accounts; online too., A local minister with whom I discussed all this went through some of it.. and there were other experienced experts in this whole area

One episode offically recorded therein... .. a boatbuilder and his wife were kept awake night after night by crashing and banging from his yard.. When he went out, nothing there.

One night he finally got angry at the repeated disturbance and yelled," In the name of the Trinity, what do you want?"

There was a long tirade of indecipherable shouting, then silence and never another visitation

Often restless and spirits of those neglected by society can be helped by those they reach out to . I am sure of it. That is the basis of spiritual exorcism and in the wording of the liturgy for that ceremony. Has to be approached with care

and seeing that in other posts here. Does not need a priest. but someone of faith and caring. Which I was able to be there. Not easy but needful. to care where there had been no caring.

ask anyone who has visited eg Tuam re the oppression there?

Interesting nit picking! On an island 6 miles by 2, everyone has a car. or a tractor. As here on even smaller islands...

and yes we checked in at the airstrip. They needed to know we were actually there not tucked up abed.

etc etc etc... lol.... roflol...

NB I added to my ignore list.

Blessings and peace and happy ghost hunting...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

I stopped reading after "reputable spiritual authorities" ... :rolleyes:

Advertisement