Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Margaret Cash steals €300 worth of clothes from Penneys and aftermath/etc!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

MFPM wrote: »
    Charming. :rolleyes:

Your Welcome, Thanks :rolleyes::rolleyes:

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭UrbanSprawl

spookwoman wrote: »
    Neither do I didn't know until I looked at boards to see whats happening, saw the posts and did a google where it said she was in court today for stealing 300+ worth of goods from Penneys in February. Her last story about having to sleep with her kids in a police station was all over the news, papers etc. You'd have to be a hermit with no links to the outside world not to know about Margaret Cash looking for a forever home

Yes of course ,how could you read the journal.ie or indeed boards without seeing a story about her. I never read about these 39 offences before though.
    So yesterday we had Casey comments and today Margaret Cash epitomises his view of travellers.
    Yes there are problems in the community but Peter Casey wont solve their problems,that you can be certain of and neither will Mickey D..they are complex social issues there are no easy solutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Neither do I didn't know until I looked at boards to see whats happening, saw the posts and did a google where it said she was in court today for stealing 300+ worth of goods from Penneys in February. Her last story about having to sleep with her kids in a police station was all over the news, papers etc. You'd have to be a hermit with no links to the outside world not to know about Margaret Cash looking for a forever home

Most likely working overtime to spin it as a tragic tale and she was only doing it because she was desperate and distraught about being homeless and so on.

Vast majority of the media have bigged her up as some lightning rod/poster child for the homeless crisis and groomed her as their "look...look ya evil guberment at de poor wan" everytime they need to get a dig when housing comes up. Cant have that carefully groomed facade ruined as it would show them up as the eejits we all know them to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,922 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Yes of course ,how could you read the journal.ie or indeed boards without seeing a story about her. I never read about these 39 offences before though.
    :rolleyes: Ah yes I have to be a journal reader. Sorry to burst your bubble but I read the story in the indo and examiner where it also mentions 38 previous. The indo says 37 were for road traffic. Her last conviction for theft was in 2017

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/homeless-mumofseven-margaret-cash-appears-in-court-over-stealing-300-worth-of-clothes-from-penneys-37434491.html

No easy solutions.. maybe the solutions is if they respected the law, other people, other peoples property, maybe bring an end to the constant reports from animals charities of their horses being run into the ground during sulky training, abused, beaten and starved. The other thing is maybe if they stopped attacking each other and trying to burn each others families including kids out of their houses, stopped slashing their womens faces out of spite etc.

:rolleyes: Ah yes I have to be a journal reader. Sorry to burst your bubble but I read the story in the indo and examiner where it also mentions 38 previous. The indo says 37 were for road traffic. Her last conviction for theft was in 2017

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/courts/homeless-mumofseven-margaret-cash-appears-in-court-over-stealing-300-worth-of-clothes-from-penneys-37434491.html

Burst my bubble? What bubble,I dont give a flying fcuk what she does.
    Just asked a few questions.I don't support her or having seven kids without having the means to support them.Do you think she should be locked up? Kids taken from her? She is likely despite all a good mother to her kids. My ire would be reserved for the useless fecker of a father they have.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,286 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

Just asked a few questions.I don't support her or having seven kids without having the means to support them.Do you think she should be locked up? Kids taken from her? She is likely despite all a good mother to her kids. My ire would be reserved for the useless fecker of a father they have.

Define good mother!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,270 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

lawred2 wrote: »
    Define good mother!

Pretty much the polar opposite of everything Cash does maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 Mondo from Dublin

Stan. wrote: »
    Was it underwear or clothes for the kids?

I'd say she's the type who buys (or robs) padded bras for a 7 year old

lawred2 wrote: »
    Define good mother!

Its what her kids think of her that really counts.She is trying to provide for them.They look happy healthy kids so she is a good mother to them.
    I doubt she is rolling in 'cash' as is the narrative and what sort of clothes did she steal ? Designer or kids clothes ? People who are wealthy just don't go shoplifting in Penneys.
    All I am saying life is not simple for some people in society,they cannot help themselves and I think no one wants to take those kids away from her or throw her in the clink cos of shoplifting or driving offense.
    She may have reasonably expected that the council would provide a house when she had those kids but are thousands of others who did get houses my own sister included.
    If it was 2008 this would not be news at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Political policing -shure she didn't do natin ,natin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,933 ✭✭✭smurgen

VinLieger wrote: »
    Peter Casey.

Who will do what as president?

I hate people like cash just as much as the next person but casey if given the chance would just as quickly screw over everyone around him like cash does. Only difference is he would do it in a suit.

Dont vote for the president based off a single issue that ultimately they have zero effect on.

And what good will MDH do?he's just another leech attached to the arse of the tax payer

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

I doubt she is rolling in 'cash' as is the narrative and what sort of clothes did she steal ? Designer or kids clothes ? People who are wealthy just don't go shoplifting in Penneys.

Yes they do, and in more upmarket stores most shoplifting is done by opertuneist or serial offenders who will steal at every chance they get

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Her being a good mother is INCREDIBLY unlikely. You do know parents are supposed to set a good example to their kids?! Bizarre comment.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,874 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Awesome timing that her court appearance was today for something she did back in February?
    So is it all a conspiracy to make travellers look bad? Or what are you hinting at?
    Is it the guberment? I'd say they stitched her up with the other 37 charges as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭QuintusFabius

Absolute scum.
    And the support she gets from the public is ****ing bizarre.

givyjoe wrote: »
    Her being a good mother is INCREDIBLY unlikely. You do know parents are supposed to set a good example to their kids?! Bizarre comment.

Do her kids love her? Are they looked after as best she can with the limited skills she has ?
    What are her options assuming feckless father is gonna remain feckless?
    Get a job and mind seven kids? Yes she should not have had them but there are here now!

Absolute scum.
    And the support she gets from the public is ****ing bizarre.

So apart from calling names which is a bit cowardly what do you suggest she does and the thousands of others like her in similar situations? Take a trip with Doc Brown in his delorean and change the future.
    I have no idea why I am suddenly defending someone I could care less about but none of you guys have a solution don't pretend you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

So apart from calling names which is a bit cowardly what do you suggest she does and the thousands of others like her in similar situations? Take a trip with Doc Brown in his delorean and change the future.
    I have no idea why I am suddenly defending someone I could care less about but none of you guys have a solution don't pretend you do.

to be honest, she should be in jail. 39 convictons and not the first time she has been caught robbing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,482 ✭✭✭Gimme A Pound

Look at her attitude UrbanSprawl - saying the government is robbing her when she gets so many handouts yet commits offences and crimes, look at the aggression in the things she puts on social media - you don't need education to be civil. Nothing is her fault, everything is the fault of the rest of society and she doesn't need to do anything to change her situation or help change her community's situation.

The greed, self entitlement and manipulation would not be tolerated by a middle-class person. The same standard should be set for all. Ok she can't help what she was born into, but that doesn't stop someone from being a horrible person.

rafatoni wrote: »
    to be honest she should in jail. 39 convictons and not the first time she has been caught robbing.

And she is only one? I read all the time with people with far more and more serious and they are walking amongst us.

• Advertisement

And she is only one? I read all the time with people with far more and more serious and they are walking amongst us.
    No she isn't the only one. Nobody said that anywhere. Of course the others should be in jail too.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭rafatoni

I never said that. Course they should be too but at the end of the day 39 convictions is a pi$$ take, especially for someone mouthing from a sopabox.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,443 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

The greed, self entitlement and manipulation would not be tolerated by a middle-class person. The same standard should be set for all.

You're right there for sure. Greed, self-entitlement and manipulation are normally the preserve of the upper classes, born into money, and and schooled in greed, self-entitlement and manipulation to be used to preserve the inequality for future generations.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Just to give some more insight in to the way this woman thinks. Before her old post on Facebook were made private she had made a post about the robbery using a digger on Lidl in Tallaght back in March.She was ecstatic on seeing the photos of the takings posted on social media, however that changed to disappointment when she found out it was the blacks that took the majority of the takings.
    There were no racist undertones to her posts, the only problem as far as she was concerned was travelers would not benefit from the robbery.

You're right there for sure. Greed, self-entitlement and manipulation are normally the preserve of the upper classes, born into money, and and schooled in greed, self-entitlement and manipulation to be used to preserve the inequality for future generations.
    And the freeloaders.

But yeah, that's the key point in my post of course - not the nonsense pretence that this woman is a-ok and just a victim.

tuxy wrote: »
    Just to give some more insight in to the way this woman thinks. Before her old post on Facebook were made private she had made a post about the robbery using a digger on Lidl in Tallaght back in March.She was ecstatic on seeing the photos of the takings posted on social media, however that changed to disappointment when she found out it was the blacks that took the majority of the takings.
    There were no racist undertones to her posts, the only problem as far as she was concerned was travelers would not benefit from the robbery.

the blacks that took the majority of the takings.
    All white folks that ended in court ..hearsay.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

the blacks that took the majority of the takings.
    All white folks that ended in court ..hearsay.

Exactly, it was just an insight into her way of thinking.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

What I can figure out is how can you actually carry 300 Euro worth of clothing out of Penny's. Did she use a trolley?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

meeeeh wrote: »
    What I can figure out is how can you actually carry 300 Euro worth of clothing out of Penny's. Did she use a trolley?

The only interesting part of the story is trying to figure out how you can try rob 300 yoyos worth of stuff from Penneys and think you'll get away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭Anthracite

tuxy wrote: »

There are people who build things up, and there are people who tear things down. As long as a large minority are the former type, we are ok.

Can you imagine the wasteland the world would be if the latter category became a sufficient percentage of the population? A single person can destroy the work of dozens.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement