Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even more adverts you despise

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,278 ✭✭✭RabbleRouser2k

anewme wrote: »
    Hate that.......horrible.................the previous one way or another was horrendous also...............................stupid ads

I like the song-the song is really good.
    Editing on the advert is really good too.

But I can see why folks mightn't like it.

The advert that's ticking me off now is the 'it's always your home, it's always a place for you to charge your phone'.... I don't care what it's for, it's bland and boring and slow as fudge.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,866 ✭✭✭✭anewme

I like the song-the song is really good.
    Editing on the advert is really good too.

But I can see why folks mightn't like it.

Hate the song, hate the people in the ad with big smug heads on them.

Hate special K. Cardboard.

There's another one of those bad special k type women adverts. It's not for special
    K though, but the same style of cringe.

The song is "hair done, check my nails" and it has heavy set women posing in their bras and knickers.

Don't know what it's for but it's also hateful.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

There's a new advert with Emilia Clarke singing Quando Quando Quando...and it's awful. It's for Dolce and Gabbana.

She is no more singing that than I am.

Awful ad!

She is no more singing that than I am.

Awful ad!

Well, she can sing-as the above illustrates-but it's like they've over produced it or some crap, because it's absolutely abominable.
    It's more spoken than sung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,866 ✭✭✭Dickie10

sky broadband ad. the one with the grandad showing his grandson how to play the guitar on net. the grandad looks about 45 max the kid is about 18 think the look a lot more like father and son. why did the not use a way older actor if they wanted to portray a grandad ? the guy in the ad even sounds very young. hes 45 max prob more like 40 though. terribly annoying accent too, when he says " A moynor (minor)

Dickie10 wrote: »
    sky broadband ad. the one with the grandad showing his grandson how to play the guitar on net. the grandad looks about 45 max the kid is about 18 think the look a lot more like father and son. why did the not use a way older actor if they wanted to portray a grandad ? the guy in the ad even sounds very young. hes 45 max prob more like 40 though. terribly annoying accent too, when he says " A moynor (minor)

Ah sure modern times-he's probably a great grandfather, that 18 year old has a son etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

The Wrigleys ad where Tom is in the nip and the parents come in.

So tired of these cliches - over protective father.

Then why is the dad smiling at Tom as if to say "Good lad for banging by daughter"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Been watching Killing Eve lately (brilliant btw!) and the show is sponsored by some New Zealand wine.

The accent grates on me something fierce!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Pussyhands wrote: »

Then why is the dad smiling at Tom as if to say "Good lad for banging by daughter"

I noticed another version of that ad where he is shaking Tom's hand at the end as if to say "good job"

• Advertisement

lertsnim wrote: »
    I noticed another version of that ad where he is shaking Tom's hand at the end as if to say "good job"

Yep, they've re-edited the video to add a few things, crowds in the background etc.

The handshake makes it worse, tbh.

"Cheers for screwing my daughter".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The Vodafone ad with Dermot Bannon. Cringe. The latest Diet Coke ad with the hipster lad.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

madmaggie wrote: »
    The Vodafone ad with Dermot Bannon. Cringe. The latest Diet Coke ad with the hipster lad.

OH that one who goes "I just like coke ?"

That was on every ****ing ad break during the US Open, I wanted to kill him after the first set.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,691 ✭✭✭✭blueser

Pussyhands wrote: »

I reckon the dad fancies a bit of Tom for himself!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

madmaggie wrote: »

"I love this..dont you love this"....missed opportunity for a good ad ...the girl whispers through her cup of tea.."I hate him"........

Also that ad for i dont know what, where the little girl and her mother are bouncing around....then they jump over the balcony....i find that bit disturbing tbh....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,719 ✭✭✭lertsnim

[/I]Also that ad for i dont know what, where the little girl and her mother are bouncing around....then they jump over the balcony....i find that bit disturbing tbh....

Awful song on that ad.

I see they've dusted off the "Munster beating the All Blacks" Guinness ad yet again. I'm guessing those guys have dined out on that game for the last 40 years.
    #timetomoveon

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Been watching Killing Eve lately (brilliant btw!) and the show is sponsored by some New Zealand wine.

The accent grates on me something fierce!!!!!!!
    Remember this disgusting smug pr1ck and how often it was played? :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 17,869 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

blueser wrote: »
    I see they've dusted off the "Munster beating the All Blacks" Guinness ad yet again. I'm guessing those guys have dined out on that game for the last 40 years.
    #timetomoveon
    Guinness, who used to be known for original and interesting advertising, have a bizarre theme running through their marketing lately where they decide to take credit for stuff that is absolutely nothing to do with them...

-Horse charity in the hood in LA
    -"Sappers" (spell?) in Africa
    -Munster beating the All Blacks

Why not claim Neil Armstrong had a few cans with him or Tank Man in Tianaman Square went for a few pints with his friends afterwards?

Thargor wrote: »
    Guinness, who used to be known for original and interesting advertising, have a bizarre theme running through their marketing lately where they decide to take credit for stuff that is absolutely nothing to do with them...

Why not claim Neil Armstrong had a few cans with him or Tank Man in Tianaman Square went for a few pints with his friends afterwards?

They brought back that advert, bizarrely. I also find that advert deeply annoying. Tons of voice actors who can do the voiceover for adverts. And in an advert for a the Munster team, they choose the one actor born in Dublin...it's an advert for Munster, not Leinster.

Imagine if it was an advert for Dublin, and they got Kerry actor Timmy Murphy to do the VA. Poncy.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

Remember this disgusting smug pr1ck and how often it was played? :mad:

Jaysus don't remind us. Up there with the most unlikeable advert characters of all time and not a hint of irony in sight. Did the makers think we were supposed to admire this cnut?

The comments are hilarious :D

Jaysus don't remind us. Up there with the most unlikeable advert characters of all time and not a hint of irony in sight. Did the makers think we were supposed to admire this cnut?

The comments are hilarious :D

I don't remember that advert... wondering if it was before my time or something.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 991 ✭✭✭The Crowman

I don't remember that advert... wondering if it was before my time or something.

It was on circa 2010-ish. Not sure if it was shown on RTE or the other Irish channels but it was on heavy rotation on the UK stations.

I don't remember it at all either...thanks be to God.

Imagine having to sit through a dinner with those insufferable fog horns. I'd be guzzling the Jacobs Creek.

Back in the eighties, they had a series of interesting adverts in the UK, with Rutger Hauer. Weird, but interesting. For some reason, which I've never been able to discover, they weren't screened over here. Easily found on youtube....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

Also that ad for i dont know what, where the little girl and her mother are bouncing around....then they jump over the balcony....i find that bit disturbing tbh....

I've just seen that ad on Sky...the particular piece was missing....:confused:...someone in the UK must have complained....;)

The Boost advert is back, with 'Boost Lee'...

Way to defecate on Bruce Lee's philosophy to make a stupid advert. It's full of continuity errors too.

https://vimeo.com/255707433

• Registered Users Posts: 11,038 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The ad where the young lad is going around saying 'Roses' to people as he thinks its an alternative way of saying thanks after hearing two teachers talking about it.

He's lucky he eavesdropped the teachers conversation at that moment. Otherwise he'd be going around saying 'blowjob' to randomers :D

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

The EE advert with Kevin Bacon and Will from the Inbetweeners. The character was great in that show but all he's done since is play the same character, beyond annoying now. Even though in this he's not supposed to be Will, I just think that it might actually be him, not even a character.

• Advertisement

Not so much "despise", but that new Snickers ad with Elton John. Surely, I'm not the only person who would prefer the Elton music to the hip hop guy? Maybe I'm just getting old.
    :(

Advertisement