Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Peter Casey believes Travellers should not be recognised as an ethnic minority

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,652 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

BBFAN wrote: »
    23% is not a high percentage.

its 21 percent more than he had a week earlier which is actually fantastic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

The poster tried to flaunt his qualification on these matters, was wrong, and admitted he was wrong when challenged.
    Not sure why you are trying to double down on his original mistake.

arent you the one who started on about qualifications francie ?

im not doubling down on anything i just dont like bully's and bots .

are you really that annoyed that casey took so much of the SF vote ?

seriously will you check on the bots, sorry i mean the boys ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,593 ✭✭✭Wheeliebin30

Yeah still not a majority.

No need for opposition parties so.

Bye SF Labour.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 163 ✭✭shady acres

Bambi wrote: »
    Could you imagine the 24 carat conniption the press would have had if your man Casey uttered those words?

Wonder if Casey will have a word with the BAI now about that remark :D

****ing lol
    ryan is like a yappie jack russel
    and casey is a rhodesian ridgeback

• Registered Users Posts: 67,145 ✭✭✭✭FrancieBrady

mynamejeff wrote: »
    arent you the one who started on about qualifications francie ?

im not doubling down on anything i just dont like bully's and bots .

are you really that annoyed that casey took so much of the SF vote ?

No, he/she told us his/her qualifications.

*and, as usual, argument lost the bot allegation surfaces.
    I was a Higgins man from the start and he saw off all challengers with an overwhelming majority, in case you hadn't noticed. Broke records apparently even though we had a candidate spouting stuff 'EVERYONE' knew and was up inarms about because they all '90%' had had enough blah blah blah. :):):)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,435 ✭✭✭pumpkin4life

Bambi wrote: »
    Could you imagine the 24 carat conniption the press would have had if your man Casey uttered those words?

Wonder if Casey will have a word with the BAI now about that remark :D

:D:D:D

From the BAI's complaint book:

ii. Harm & undue offence, including law and order
    (Section 48(1)(b) of the Broadcasting Act: BAI Code of Programme Standards)
    Every broadcaster must ensure that it does not broadcast anything which may
    reasonably be regarded as likely to cause harm or undue offence or unreasonably encroach on the privacy of an individual or raise issues of a law and order nature. You are invited to review the BAI Code of Programme Standards when making a complaint about harm and undue offence, including law and order and privacy.

Would threatening a guest on your own chat show count as that?

Could Casey troll the fùck out of the BAI with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Wheres Me Jumper?

wasn't Mary good?

wasn't Mary good?

dancin at the disco bumpa to bumpa
    wait a minute

No, he/she told us his/her qualifications.

*and, as usual, argument lost the bot allegation surfaces.
    I was a Higgins man from the start and he saw off all challengers with an overwhelming majority, in case you hadn't noticed. Broke records apparently even though we had a candidate spouting stuff 'EVERYONE' knew and was up inarms about because they all '90%' had had enough blah blah blah. :):):)

ha ha its like a kid caught out in a lie . it wasnt me no i didnt do it , i was never on the army council lol.

your around long enough that people are well aware of your stick .

never responded to the links you looked for proving you were wrong btw .

ha ha its like a kid caught out in a lie . it wasnt me no i didnt do it , i was never on the army council lol.

your around long enough that people are well aware of your stick .

never responded to the links you looked for proving you were working btw .

What?

• Advertisement

What?

good come back

you sir are a master debater lol

see you in the next thread you try to derail ;)

say hello to the bots for me now :P

good come back

THERE WON'T BE A NEXT THREAD THE CAsey campaign is running out of steam
    it's over :)

good come back

What did you mean by this?
    never responded to the links you looked for proving you were working btw .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭mattser

Jeez lads some of ye haven't stopped for breath since early morning.

mattser wrote: »
    Jeez lads some of ye haven't stopped for breath since early morning.

ah sure they’ll be at it all night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭DChancer

good come back

THERE WON'T BE A NEXT THREAD THE CAsey campaign is running out of steam
    it's over :)
    Thanks be to jazus
    Casey is total knob
    Sooner he fcuk back to where he from the better

you said you had already posted the information in the links i gave you but thats not true

https://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/policy/traveller-accommodation/traveller-accommodation

have a look at this traveller specific legislation while you are coming up with a response

We weren't talking about accomodation we were talking about moving travellers from illegal campsites. :rolleyes:
    And here was my response to you, where I said the relevant link you posted was talking about the same 'legislation I had posted'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108531261&postcount=9819

We weren't talking about accomodation we were talking about moving travellers from illegal campsites. :rolleyes:
    And here was my response to you, where I said the relevant link you posted was talking about the same 'legislation I had posted'

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108531261&postcount=9819

and you wanted laws that were specifically favoring travellers ,

here ill post it again for you

https://www.housing.gov.ie/housing/policy/traveller-accommodation/traveller-accommodation

any sign of eodr ?, im getting really worried now

hopefully the next thread has a higher standard of proof
    if a poster is going to call a fellow countryman a racist or a bigot or fascist then they should provide proofs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

This thread is absolutely hilarious. People on boards insist that it isn't a right wing platform and yet 95% on here represent 23% of the general population. How does that work?

Also posters actually believing that Peter Casey will have any effect on this country even IF and it's a big IF he becomes a TD?

Fecking gas. It really gives me great amusement.

Btw I totally agree that travellers insisting on stables for their horses in their free houses is absolutely ridiculous and taking the piss.

Does that make me a good candidate for President of Ireland or leader of a political party? Hell no. I don't have the education or skills needed and neither does Peter Casey.

• Advertisement

This thread is absolutely hilarious. People on boards insist that it isn't a right wing platform and yet 95% on here represent 23% of the general population. How does that work?

Also posters actually believing that Peter Casey will have any effect on this country even IF and it's a big IF he becomes a TD?

Btw I totally agree that travellers insisting on stables for their horses in their free houses is absolutely ridiculous and taking the piss.

Does that make me a good candidate for President of Ireland or leader of a political party? Hell no. I don't have the education or skills needed and neither does Peter Casey.

We know and agree but it annoys the crap out of the shinners and the loony liberal lefties and sure thats what matters :pac::pac::pac:

everybody who doesn't agree with my wrongthink is a literal nazi :pac:

and you wanted laws that were specifically favoring travellers ,

here ill post it again for you

any sign of eodr ?, im getting really worried now

Here is what I specifically asked the poster for:
    But it does. If you had a caravan and parked in on the side of the road or on someone else's property, the Gardai would come along and demand you move there and then. If you didn't, caravan would be seized.

With travellers, that doesn't happen. A statement of complaint from the private owner or an order from the local council is required to move them. How is that not different?
    Can you link to the legislation covering this please?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108528746&postcount=9662

And here is his/her response accepting there was no 'special legislation' covering this as they had implied.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=108529211&postcount=9709

You couldn't be any more wrong here, but I suspect you won't apologise and will double down again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I actually like Renua's policy on crime. Pity they don't drop their attitude to abortion.
    And if the policies on crime were implemented christ most of the male travelling population wouldn't see the light of day.
    Could be the best thing to ever happen to the travelling community...it might allow the women to grow and give their children a chance at a proper life and future.

https://www.renuaireland.com/policies/#tab-id-3

Protecting Our Homes
    Renua Will:

Include in our Criminal Justice (Victim’s Rights) Bill a minimum mandatory sentence of 20 years in prison for aggravated burglary. A person convicted of aggravated burglary will not be allowed to apply for parole until they have served at least three quarters of their sentence – 15 years. Our Bill will automatically deny bail to those have previously being convicted of burglary.

Protecting Our Frontline Staff
    Renua Will:

Introduce a minimum, mandatory sentence of 10 years in prison for those found guilty of assault on Frontline (Blue Light and hospital) Staff carrying out their duties. A person so convicted will not become eligible for parole until they have served a minimum of three-quarters of their sentence – 7 ½ years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

Blazer wrote: »
    I actually like Renua's policy on crime. Pity they don't drop their attitude to abortion.
    And if the policies on crime were implemented christ most of the male travelling population wouldn't see the light of day.
    Could be the best thing to ever happen to the travelling community...it might allow the women to grow and give their children a chance at a proper life and future.

https://www.renuaireland.com/policies/#tab-id-3

Protecting Our Homes
    Renua Will:

Include in our Criminal Justice (Victim’s Rights) Bill a minimum mandatory sentence of 20 years in prison for aggravated burglary. A person convicted of aggravated burglary will not be allowed to apply for parole until they have served at least three quarters of their sentence – 15 years. Our Bill will automatically deny bail to those have previously being convicted of burglary.

Protecting Our Frontline Staff
    Renua Will:

Introduce a minimum, mandatory sentence of 10 years in prison for those found guilty of assault on Frontline (Blue Light and hospital) Staff carrying out their duties. A person so convicted will not become eligible for parole until they have served a minimum of three-quarters of their sentence – 7 ½ years.

any person who attacks a widow or widower in their home, death penalty

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Question for ya. How does having an issue or a critique of Travellers and/or their culture make you right wing? Answer that.

I voted YES in the SSM referendum. I voted to REPEAL the 8th. I also voted for Casey. It's not a hive mind. There's no pigeon hole. Your comparison is way off and only gives ammo to the very people you're trying to discredit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,419 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

any person who attacks a widow or widower in their home, death penalty

Too expensive..look at what it costs in the US to house an inmate on death row.
    I think the current law which allows householders to defend themselves is pretty good...shotgun by the bedside and mcnally their ass.
    Effective, cheap and stops a repeat offense.

Omackeral wrote: »
    Question for ya. How does having an issue or a critique of Travellers and/or their culture make you right wing? Answer that.

I voted YES in the SSM referendum. I voted to REPEAL the 8th. I also voted for Casey. It's not a hive mind. There's no pigeon hole. Your comparison is way off and only gives ammo to the very people you're trying to discredit.

only a nazi would say that :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

everybody who doesn't agree with my wrongthink is a literal nazi :pac:

What are you on about?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement