Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Oh i missed it!

How is this Hugo boss watch?

HUGO BOSS Men's Chronograph Quartz Watch with Leather Strap – 1513392 https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01M0W5QBR/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_O2W9BbB6SDG6K

And do you know if any other make is going to be on sale in the coming days?
    FatRat wrote: »
    Was only for yesterday. There was 8 watches on sale, most for less than 100 quid. Bought 2! Both of them selling for around 250 each on Seiko website, was 170 total or so for both. Some of the watches they have are still very cheap on Amazon compared to most other reailers. Hugo boss watches are on sale today instead of Seiko it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

DavyC2 wrote:
    I bought mine from the Warehouse, the screen developed a problem after a few months, it wouldn't work in certain areas, I don't know if it was my fault or not but I never dropped it or anything.

A decent chance a warehouse item will have a fault. Some of the issues that returned items have are intermittent or the guys checking them aren't thorough enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

For Prime members:

£10 off £30 on selected Pantry items
    (ships to PM / PW only).

Picked up some pet food I buy all the time anyway - there was 20% additional off the pet food, then added 4 qualifying items for free delivery (usually £2.99).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,221 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

What’s the deal with delivery when buying from the amazon.de site?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

you pay Irish vat rate and have to pay for delivery, everything else pretty much the same as .co.uk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭DavyC2

sweetie wrote: »
    A decent chance a warehouse item will have a fault. Some of the issues that returned items have are intermittent or the guys checking them aren't thorough enough.

True, I kept a close eye on it for a few days and it looked unused out of the box, got a few months out of it anyway and my money back. Got two at the time, other one still going strong.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

It's free to the UK usually so I use parcel motel when buying off amazon.de

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

sweetie wrote: »

A 'decent chance' is exaggerating it definitely. Many/most warehouse items have nothing wrong with them and have some packaging damage, and/or some accessories missing, stand from tv etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nonbank98

Do the real sales start tonight at 12???!!

• Moderators Posts: 12,369 ✭✭✭✭Black_Knight

Nonbank98 wrote: »

Not really. Some deals are gone already, some new ones will be along tomorrow. Wont stop really until Monday.

Non-Amazon shops probably all start putting deals out tomorrow though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Jeff2

Anyone that has not changed their old addresspal address in posting should sort it.

It's never been easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Nonbank98

So basically there's not gonna be any real ****ing sales I love it like why did amazon do this ****e, just go back to the old ****ing ways of having black friday being on a friday!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

The old ways?? Black Friday is a completely modern phenomenon to us. Calm down.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,352 ✭✭✭✭ted1

So basically there's not gonna be any real ****ing sales I love it like why did amazon do this ****e, just go back to the old ****ing ways of having black friday being on a friday!!

Cyber Monday?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Well the whole point is to make money so why not spread it out to a week?

Why risk it all on one day and have to deal with potential server down times, crashes, overloads, etc...

This is better for consumers too and you don't have to spend a huge amount in one day and you get more control on what is going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

YES! Don't delay, buy today...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭Jeff2

degsie wrote: »
    YES! Don't delay, buy today...

, :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Thought there would be a good nintendo switch bundle deal on amazon. Off to bed for me. Hopefully they will have a deal tomorrow

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

Thought there would be a good nintendo switch bundle deal on amazon. Off to bed for me. Hopefully they will have a deal tomorrow

You mean Saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,417 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

I remember lightning deals being worth the watch. Now they're just 3td party sellers peddling crap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭ablelocks

everybody go to bed. the next decent deal isn't until 7.20am - Anker 63w 5 port wall charger

135 pages of upcoming "deals" i just scrolled thru to get to that.

what

a

load

of

****e

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

ablelocks wrote: »
    everybody go to bed. the next decent deal isn't until 7.20am - Anker 63w 5 port wall charger

135 page of upcoming "deals" i just scrolled thru to get to that.

what

a

load

of

****e

I went up until 230pm.. All crap

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

CyberGhost wrote: »
    Unlikely, it's a niche product. Why not get the massdrop version for 160GBP available right away? (Although can be hit by customs)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-Headphones-Over-Ear-Cushions-Black/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542935919&sr=1-2&keywords=fidelio+x2

This is better than the HD600. Have a pair I use everyday for music and gaming. Has got great reviews from audiophiles. Lots of bass for an open back. Very comfortable, can wear it for hours at a time and excellent build quality. Low impedence, so doesn't need a dedicated amp. Can be run easily off a PC or even a phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

So XBox One S with one games is now £169. My daughter wants one for xmas. Is this a decent deal or should I wait until Monday? Never been into consoles so I'm not sure.

Unlikely, it's a niche product. Why not get the massdrop version for 160GBP available right away? (Although can be hit by customs)

Massdrop is Sennheiser HD 650. They sound "darker" and many prefer more neutral 600 over them. I'm not a fan of the dark sound myself.

Frunchy wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-X2-Headphones-Over-Ear-Cushions-Black/dp/B00MRUPSHQ/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1542935919&sr=1-2&keywords=fidelio+x2

This is better than the HD600. Have a pair I use everyday for music and gaming. Has got great reviews from audiophiles. Lots of bass for an open back. Very comfortable, can wear it for hours at a time and excellent build quality. Low impedence, so doesn't need a dedicated amp. Can be run easily off a PC or even a phone.

Oh they're on my list!

Although, many have complained about their grainy treble. Can't comment myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭dan786

Orion wrote: »
    So XBox One S with one games is now £169. My daughter wants one for xmas. Is this a decent deal or should I wait until Monday? Never been into consoles so I'm not sure.

210€ in Smyths with 2 games. Add a console bundle of your choice and Forza Horizon 4 to cart total will be 209.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Can't believe Grado didn't sue Philips for copying their mesh cup design!

Advertisement