Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leinster Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread X: [****]

Options

Comments

Ospreys completely out on their feet. Fitness is a shambles, they just couldn't get back in numbers there - they had lads absolutely crawling back when the play was moving inside their 5m line.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

Osp are way outclassed

• Registered Users Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

I expected Leinster to beat the spread but this is phenomenal.

IF ONLY!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,609 ✭✭✭✭Squidgy Black

Ospreys managed to throw the ball away about a foot away from Leinster's try line and the ball ends up down at their own try line. This is just strange to watch a team implode like this to a team consisting of mostly academy players

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Quint2010

Defence coach for The Ospreys. LOL.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Things are bad Bras Davis looking for the final whistle in a pitch side interview

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

This is fabulous stuff from Leinster. I did not expect this score line to be this big tonight. It is amazing to be 45-0 with just 11 minutes to go. Ospreys on the other hand are like looking through a cemented brick wall with no solutions within a clear line of sight. They look like they haven't a breeze with what is going on with their performance tonight. They are truly terrible.

I'm half expecting the Ospreys to just call it quits and walk off the pitch at this rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Sam Davies has been beyond awful

It's like he knows his level and is content just rocking out for the team, dangerous for the Ospreys.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,297 ✭✭✭MaybeMaybe

Such a poor Ospreys side. It's not great for the league to have another poor side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,728 ✭✭✭Former Former

Tom Daly the only man in the RDS not enjoying this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭The Rape of Lucretia

Ospreys to have the last laugh though, and leave with their heads held high and their honour restored.

Ospreys to have the last laugh though, and leave with their heads held high and their honour restored.

I'd say Lancaster and Leo will be fuming we conceded that try

• Registered Users Posts: 4,158 ✭✭✭A-Train

I hoped for a win however they blew them away. Great result and great run out for a lot of young lads. Frawley was very good

That's a game changing loss for the Ospreys. Everyone is on notice there now...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭Ectoplasm

Jesus. I remember when Ospreys were our bogey team. That was excellent by the baby blues but shocking by the Ospreys

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Phenomenal result.

Given that scoreline, it seems entirely unreasonable to be miffed that we conceded that last try, but I actually am lol. That scoreline will do our points difference no harm either.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Phenomenal. Leinster's 3rd team with a few dotted overseas players.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,811 ✭✭✭Tigerandahalf

Nights like tonight don't do much for the league.
    Are these type of scores going to become more regular with the scottish and welsh continuing to lose players.

I see Wales seem to have dropped Webb and Biggar - with Davies and Anscombe starting this weekend, same as against Australia. Maybe they are getting more strict.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,191 ✭✭✭✭Buer

Frawley looked very composed. He has most definitely earned himself a start against better opposition during the 6N. Hopefully he gets a good bit of game time regardless and should hopefully get some pitch time in an interpro over Christmas.

His goal kicking alone puts him in a seriously good spot. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run at 12 though given he has played there for Leinster A. Could get some decent game time there and solve a headache for us in the near future.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,348 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I remember a time a good few years ago that Ospreys would have been a team to be afraid of when they came up for a game against Leinster at the RDS. I watched the match on RTÉ2 with Leinster being beaten by Ospreys by one point. Was that reputation for Ospreys still valid up until now? But this scoreline from Ospreys tonight is just plain up embarrassing. Their heads, after that rout from Leinster, must have been placed on a merry go round on a tailspin.

• Administrators Posts: 53,468 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Allen Clarke strikes again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,603 ✭✭✭✭errlloyd

Buer wrote: »
    Frawley looked very composed. He has most definitely earned himself a start against better opposition during the 6N. Hopefully he gets a good bit of game time regardless and should hopefully get some pitch time in an interpro over Christmas.

His goal kicking alone puts him in a seriously good spot. I wouldn't mind seeing him get a run at 12 though given he has played there for Leinster A. Could get some decent game time there and solve a headache for us in the near future.

I'm very satisfied he's able to go higher.

Nights like tonight don't do much for the league.
    Are these type of scores going to become more regular with the scottish and welsh continuing to lose players.

I see Wales seem to have dropped Webb and Biggar - with Davies and Anscombe starting this weekend, same as against Australia. Maybe they are getting more strict.

Biggar played last week vs Tonga, I think Gatlands just trying to rotate as much as he can.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

That try at the end will help Simon Thomas sugar coat his match report.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭Burkie1203

razorblunt wrote: »
    That try at the end will help Simon Thomas sugar coat his match report.

He will just whinge about Leinsters budget and how these guys devalue the league
    Ospreys players attitude was terrible and they looked gassed if the ball was in play for more then 60 seconds

Leinster performance was excellent. Nick McCarthys passing was awful tho. He seemed to be holding his wrist going off at half time.

Adam Byrne looks very sharp in his last few appearances. Frawley was outstanding and has a huge boot on him.

52-7 Was totally unexpected. Went along hopeful for a win. TBP after 45 minutes was brilliant but the attitude to keep going was fantastic. Even seeing a few players annoyed at conceding a try at the end summer up where Leo and Stuart (and co) have this group of players mentally.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

How different is this Ospreys team to the one that laid an egg in Musgrave a while back?

Obviously they have absolutely no depth.

Having said that, it was a strong Munster side that went out. We have an embarrassment of riches in Leinster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Thought Fardy and Maloney were excellent. Frawley very composed and excellent kicking from the tee. Lowe is worth the admission alone. Always electric

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,172 ✭✭✭✭kmart6

Burkie1203 wrote: »
    Leinster performance was excellent. Nick McCarthys passing was awful tho. He seemed to be holding his wrist going off at half time.

He was in a boot at half time, right foot IIRC.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement