Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Donald Trump is the President Mark IV (Read Mod Warning in OP)

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,520 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

volchitsa wrote: »
    I don't really get that analogy TBH - seems to me it's really only Trump who's acting so weird?

My comparison would be something more like, he makes me think of someone turning up very drunk at a party and who starts out by being (in his own view) the heart and soul of the party, but who over the course of the evening, realizes that everyone else isn't quite as into him as he is himself, and gradually turns both sulky and belligerent. Need to be careful at this stage - he might end the evening by punching the windows in, or worse.

You think Putins greeting to MSB wasn't done for the benefit of those watching?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

pixelburp wrote: »
    He wanted to be CEO of America.

I am not certain that he wanted to win - I think he ran as a stunt and then it grew legs and he is constitutionally unable to back down so he kept running and the Republicans are so useless that he got the nomination by default.

As for CEO - he is a disaster in business, bankrupt many times, bailed out by his dad, in hock to the Russians. It is not clear if his businesses are even solvent never mind making him a billionaire. He is a reality TV CEO on The Apprentice, and that is where he should have stayed. Instead he risks dying in jail.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭looksee

looksee wrote: »

This seems to have been a misunderstanding but such is his rack record, anything he does is interpreted negatively.

He is the author of this reality of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You hear him say "get me out of here".

I'm telling ye, he wants out.

if he lied to the public re trump tower, the russians have leverage (even without pee tapes).
    That's why Flynn had to go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

everlast75 wrote: »

While I reckon he believes that no-one else could come close to him in terms of doing the job brilliantly, I do see him asking 'why in God's name did I allow them to talk me into this... It's been nothing but trouble, and now the crazy Dems want to throw the young lad in jail and maybe worse... I wouldn't mind but look how I've saved the country. Bloody ungrateful lot!!!'

• Registered Users Posts: 28,156 ✭✭✭✭looksee

This seems to have been a misunderstanding but such is his rack record, anything he does is interpreted negatively.

He is the author of this reality of course.

I do agree with your point, however what was more noticeable was the way he walked across the front of the other president as though he were a mere obstacle on the stage. He has no awareness, no innate grace or courtesy, he did it in the same way he 'missed' his limo that time, or pushed to the front of the group at another international meeting.

looksee wrote: »
    I do agree with your point, however what was more noticeable was the way he walked across the front of the other president as though he were a mere obstacle on the stage. He has no awareness, no innate grace or courtesy, he did it in the same way he 'missed' his limo that time, or pushed to the front of the group at another international meeting.

Oh I know. Him pushing the President of Montenegro aside was a perfect insight to the man.

Or the frown he has when sitting for 1:1 photo's with some world leaders.
    Or Merkel holding her head in her hands when talking to him.

But all Presidents could have been photographed at less then opportune moments, at this stage, I think the press corps are looking for such examples because of how he treats them.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,506 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Tell me how. If it was a misunderstanding why not come back? The helper runs across the stage to alert him and Macro waits.

Yet again, people try to find some other answer when the reality is staring in the face. I don't understand why people continue to give Trump the benefit of the doubt despite, as you acknowledge, his track record.

Why do people feel the need to apologise for this man rather than let him do it himself? I agree that every world leader/senior politician would have an example of errors in etiquette, but Trump either refuses to learn or doesn't care or more probably both.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,691 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

if he lied to the public re trump tower, the russians have leverage (even without pee tapes).
    That's why Flynn had to go.

Well he could do the decent thing if he does not want it anymore. He could apologise to Hilary Clinton say look he is sorry and let her take over. Sure she is not perfect either but she would have been a much better President than him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

AMKC wrote: »
    Well he could do the decent thing if he does not want it anymore. He could apologise to Hilary Clinton say look he is sorry and let her take over. Sure she is not perfect either but she would have been a much better President than him.

I'm fairly sure you know that's not how the system works.. If Trump did resign, then Pence would be the Man.. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭Den14

You are joking right?

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Rhineshark

It really doesn't work like that.

Mind you, very few things work as intended with this madman in office.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,557 ✭✭✭✭aloyisious

One question coming from the meeting is the agreement between China and the U.S not to go ahead with the trade tariffs each said was it's response to the other - who blinked first? There must have been backroom meetings between Sec/State and his opposite number at the meet for there to be such a declaration.

How will Don explain away his u-turn and is it part of a new universal form of diplomacy from Don [or Sec/State], seeing as the Mexico/US/Canada deal was announced during the meeting.

Should the U.S media follow up on what looks like a China/U.S trade tariff armistice and risk Don going "NO, NO, NO" in response to whatever pact there is on the tariffs or just obligingly stay quiet for the sake of peace?

Has Don eventually got to understand real politik as practiced between trading countries and blocs.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭volchitsa

You think Putins greeting to MSB wasn't done for the benefit of those watching?

Oh right, absolutely, I thought you were talking about Trump being grumpy.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,167 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Mike Pence must be the most invisible VP ever. Compared to Biden he might as well not exist. Is it just me or do you never hear anything about him / from him?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

MadYaker wrote: »
    Mike Pence must be the most invisible VP ever. Compared to Biden he might as well not exist. Is it just me or do you never hear anything about him / from him?

I would think it suits both, one doesn’t want to share any limelight and one doesn’t care for the others limelight

• Registered Users Posts: 26,282 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Hahahhahahaa
    No, she wouldnt, still the worst person in US politics. He has nothing to apologise for to her.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

MadYaker wrote: »

Oh, he does plenty. I think Cheney was more invisible, and way more nefarious.
    https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/evangelist-mike-pence-believes-he-can-save-donald-trump-s-soul-gns73c8lg

Recent book about him: https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2018/08/23/mike-pence-book-calls-vice-president-christian-supremacist/1062696002/

Pence does seem to be traveling around quite a bit doing diplomatic work, one is always reading about him meeting with this that and the other functionary.

And, of course, he casts the 51st vote in the Senate whenever it's deadlocked.

Hahahhahahaa
    No, she wouldnt, still the worst person in US politics.

*Waits patiently for proof which cannot pizza gate, Bengazi, Bill's indiscretions*

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,635 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Hahahhahahaa
    No, she wouldnt, still the worst person in US politics. He has nothing to apologise for to her.

As of now any US politician can only be second worst.

*Waits patiently for proof which cannot pizza gate, Bengazi, Bill's indiscretions*

why doesn't benghazi count ?
    Theres also thousands of deleted emails on a private server,
    Theres even an entire wikipedia category : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hillary_Clinton_controversies

heres an article breaking down the fbi report which indicates that they accept that her handling of sensitive information was grossly negligent but just didn't meet the standard of appearing 'willful' enough to prosecute.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/06/14/us/politics/comey-clinton-fbi-report.html

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/09/01/7-Hillary-Clinton-s-Biggest-Flip-Flops a list of her largest flip flops, abortion isn't even on there and they don't even go into immigration a lot there. Heres another flip flop timeline all sources noted : https://imgur.com/gallery/yZ0LZDP

Her entire career has been pandering to what gets votes , turning on a whim when popularity of issues decides, grossly negligent and a lot of times actively malicious in achieving what she wants. Donald isn't perfect but he sticks to his guns and you get what you see.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,435 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Theres even an entire wikipedia category : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Hillary_Clinton_controversies

heres an article breaking down the fbi report which indicates that they accept that her handling of sensitive information was grossly negligent but just didn't meet the standard of appearing 'willful' enough to prosecute.

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2016/09/01/7-Hillary-Clinton-s-Biggest-Flip-Flops a list of her largest flip flops, abortion isn't even on there and they don't even go into immigration a lot there. Heres another flip flop timeline all sources noted : https://imgur.com/gallery/yZ0LZDP

Her entire career has been pandering to what gets votes , turning on a whim when popularity of issues decides, grossly negligent and a lot of times actively malicious in achieving what she wants. Donald isn't perfect but he sticks to his guns and you get what you see.

You have literally just described 99.9% of politicians in the world!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

I, personally, can't bloody stand Hilary Clinton. However, you just described literally every politician.

Also, taking this back to Donald, he himself constantly flip-flops on things. Especially his opinion of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,161 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Historically, VPs did little, often disliked and treated as a threat by POTUS. Cheney changed that and had a major role in Govn't. Obama and Biden had a very positive personal relationship. Pence has a reasonably significant role. He certainly knows not to throw shade on this POTUS, that would be fatal.

Bengazi doesn't count because, despite dozens of hours testimony and various probes and the Reps best efforts, there was no prosecution.

There was no prosecution when the FBI investigated her.

Trump flip flops his stance in literally the same week. He was a registered democrat ffs.

And Trump doesn't only pander to certain groups, he's up to his neck in Country sponsored special interests.

So, despite Trump being an un-indicted co-conspirator, with imminent adverse findings expected on collusion, obstruction of justice, and numerous close allies behind bars, you think Hillary is worse?

Seriously mate, get some perspective.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,057 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

No point in bringing up HRC, or arguing with those that do. My stock response is, "Is that the best you got?." She's a private citizen and ex-politician. This is the Trump thread. The walls are closing in on him with what Cohen's saying. Now that the elections are over, I think every race has been decided, Mueller's free to start pushing out the indictments.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

That’s insane, Trump is not just the worst politician, he’s literally the worst person in the World! Hillary’s emails and Benghazi wast all BS, especially compared to all the terrible things Trump and his cohorts have pulled. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Trump doesn’t just flip-flop, he does it in the same run on sentence!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

SeamusFX wrote: »
    That’s insane, Trump is not just the worst politician, he’s literally the worst person in the World! Hillary’s emails and Benghazi wast all BS, especially compared to all the terrible things Trump and his cohorts have pulled. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black, Trump doesn’t just flip-flop, he does it in the same run on sentence!

I know he’s bad but he’s not the worst person in the world.

Sure, doesn’t he run a charity?

• Advertisement

SeamusFX wrote: »

ahh come on now. There are war criminals, paedophiles, even if you want to keep it to politics theres chinese and south american leaders starving people to death, theres kim jong un who keeps all of his people oppressed. There is definitely a list of people currently still alive and definitely historically who have been infinitely worse than donald trump.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement