Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Kia Niro EV

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Hopefully they have more than paddy spec cars available here. I don't expect to see it in the next couple of months anyway. Q2 19 at the earliest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,226 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Fingers crossed these are a reasonable price in 2 years on the second hand market. It's still the best option at the minute to replace the i3 when the time comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,581 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Fingers crossed these are a reasonable price in 2 years on the second hand market. It's still the best option at the minute to replace the i3 when the time comes.

Would you also consider a UK Premium/PremiumSE spec Kona then too. That would be my choice - subjectively I prefer the looks of the Kona

• Registered Users Posts: 65,025 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Fingers crossed these are a reasonable price in 2 years on the second hand market.

Two chances :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,615 ✭✭✭grogi

unkel wrote: »
    Two chances :p

• Advertisement

ELM327 wrote: »
    Would you also consider a UK Premium/PremiumSE spec Kona then too. That would be my choice - subjectively I prefer the looks of the Kona

Nope. The Kona is tiny, not a major issue as the i3 is also small, but I hate the Kona interior (major issue).

Cheap looking plastic buttons and that stupid bridge up the centre to the dash. Would have felt like a big step back from the Leaf, even more so from the i3.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,162 ✭✭✭✭Water John

Dealer rang back today, Niro EV Q3 2019. I presume that would be demo in dealers. Reality Q1 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,090 ✭✭✭✭KCross

Water John wrote: »
    Dealer rang back today, Niro EV Q3 2019. I presume that would be demo in dealers. Reality Q1 2020.

I thought they were all saying demo models in Q2 2019 with customer deliveries in Q3 2019 for the 192 reg.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,792 ✭✭✭coolisin

Wow! So never basically!

Well he said Q3 2019. He was new to the job so no point in an interrogation. The rest is speculation on my part. Maybe I'm too pessimistic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

That is what happens when you have no idea what is going on in the World and never request any of the cars.....Kia Ireland really are behind the times

[COLOR=inherit !important]

#s3gt_translate_tooltip_mini { display: none !important; }[/COLOR]

UK Kia e-Niro pricing is out...

https://www.kiapressoffice.com/releases/1028

The worrying thing is that it states only 1 spec, and the price is lower than the top spec Kona despite the e-Niro being much more expensive in all other territories.

Does that mean the UK are getting their version of a "Paddy spec" car?

Edit, that's exactly what's happened.

No lane follow assist, no ventilated seats, no rear heated seats, no front parking sensors, no rear cross traffic alert.

Time to join @shefwedfan and pin my hopes on VW then.

:(

Is this the larger battery and what's the price if this converts to a ROI purchase?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

No lane follow assist, no ventilated seats, no rear heated seats, no front parking sensors, no rear cross traffic alert.

You'd be better to pin them on Tesla

Is this the larger battery and what's the price if this converts to a ROI purchase?

Anyone's guess.

With the Kona they basically kept the same price (converted to €) but stripped down the spec. The UK e-Niro is already a stripped down spec so no idea what the Irish version will look like.

Mike9832 wrote: »
    You'd be better to pin them on Tesla

Give it a rest Thierry. It's boring.

I'll give it a go guessing the ROI price. First of all, yes it is the larger battery. GBP33k + GBP3.5k grant = GBP36.5 gross price. That's including 20%VAT, so the ex-vat price is GBP30.4, which at todays rate is €34k plus 23%VAT is €42k minus the €5k SEAI grant plus a little bit of VRT gives about €37.5k list price

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

Just reading the blurb on that site. It seems to have leather, adaptive cruise, auto emergency braking and lane keep assist, also the 8" screen and the 7" dash display. The halogen headlights are projector, so conversion to LED should be easy enough.

If the price predicted above works out, I'm still in the game. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭kuro68k

The spec is disappointing for the UK. Was expecting ventilated seats, LED headlights, rear crossing detection, blind spot detection etc.

• Advertisement

The halogen headlights are projector, so conversion to LED should be easy enough.

The HeadLEDs have a real advantage only if they are matrix LEDs. Otherwise the conversion to HID is much easier than to LEDs - which heat up like hell.
    Both wouldn't be road legal anyway...

There is a real dilemma now. With the underwhelming spec and similar price to the Kona, which to get? The Kona is smaller and the interior not as nice, but it has more features and looks better IMHO.

kuro68k wrote: »
    There is a real dilemma now. With the underwhelming spec and similar price to the Kona, which to get? The Kona is smaller and the interior not as nice, but it has more features and looks better IMHO.

What would be more useful for you - more space or a better spec?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,845 ✭✭✭daheff

KCross wrote: »
    I thought they were all saying demo models in Q2 2019 with customer deliveries in Q3 2019 for the 192 reg.

yeah, but they wont get a big supply, so in reality Q3 will only be for a handful of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,818 ✭✭✭Silent Running

kuro68k wrote: »

I reckon the spec is quite good, as long as that level reaches these shores (it might not). Definitely better than the Kona.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

So, excluding grants and incentives what is the full £ list price in the UK ?

( IIRC bad things happen to car tax in the UK if the full list price of a car exceeds £40k. Is it possible that Kia have speced the Niro to come in just under the threshold ? )

0lddog wrote: »
    So, excluding grants and incentives what is the full £ list price in the UK ?

See my post from yesterday. The RRP is £33k. This is after the £3.5k grant has been deducted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Ok so from the UK website. This is listed as the First Edition so I would guess due to limited supply they are going with a single spec. One battery and try and sell it

Spec actually looks better than the Kona Paddy Spec.

First Edition EV

From £32,995* (after. PiCG deduction)

- 17" Alloy Wheels
    - 7" Supervision Cluster with TFT LCD Colour Display
    - 8-speaker JBL® Premium Sound System
    - Smart Key & Button Start
    - Black Leather Upholstery **
    - Electric Parking Brake with Autohold
    - Lane Following Assist
    - Smart Cruise Control w/ Stop & Go
    - Lane Keeping Assist with Driver Attention Waring & High Beam Assist
    - Forward Collision-Avoidance Assist (Car/Ped/Cyc) (FCA)
    - *PiCG = Plug-in Car Grant (£3,500 deduction from the original OTR price of £36,495 )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

List £36.5k then......£3.5k headroom for currency fluctuations / higher spec model.

• Advertisement

The main things missing that the high spec will get are LED headlights and ventilated seats.

There is also speculation that later in the year they will add telematics and an app, like the Korean version has. They seem to have done a deal with a European telematics company already.

Advertisement