Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Ticket Information Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭The Caveman

no luck either with 2 supporter accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,923 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Just checked email there. Dear nada. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,668 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Are they emailing every single member to let them know if they're successful or not? Still nada here. Guess it might take a while to send them all out?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Just checked email there. Dear nada. Ah well.

Same here no luck

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Unsuccessful on my account- my brother got nothing on his account either

• Advertisement

Looks like they're emailing everyone alright.

https://twitter.com/IrishRugby/status/1072116254142595073

• Registered Users Posts: 29 shaundolier

Got jack as well. The 50 euro spent on membership would be better used as bog roll.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Poor_old_gill

Got jack as well. The 50 euro spent on membership would be better used as bog roll.

Well that’s me retiring anyways- become an unjustifiable spend of 50 quid now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,236 ✭✭✭Sanjuro

Also nothing.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Got an offer to buy France tickets.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

no joy either :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭pawrick

no luck here, think this is the first perhaps second time only I got nothing for the 6 nations

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Be well and win

I've complained in writing to the IRFU. I've also asked for my €50 back. Nothing will come out of it but it was cathartic to at least have a moan.

I wonder, as a body that receives grant aid, whether or not the IRFU are subject to Freedom of Information and whether or not the membership numbers and tickets released could be made public?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

I wonder, as a body that receives grant aid, whether or not the IRFU are subject to Freedom of Information and whether or not the membership numbers and tickets released could be made public?

That would seem like a good idea, but no, the IRFU and other such bodies are not subject to FOI:

https://foi.gov.ie/faqs/what-bodies-are-covered-by-foi/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭troyzer

So most people are unsuccessful, a few people got France tickets.

Anyone get England tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,075 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

Well that’s me retiring anyways- become an unjustifiable spend of 50 quid now

Me too - no luck today.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭eclipsechaser

troyzer wrote: »
    So most people are unsuccessful, a few people got France tickets.

Anyone get England tickets?

3 of us unsuccessful.

As I said at the very start of the change, this is what you do if you want to massively cut the number of tickets you give away via The Supporters Club.

I've always got tickets with this membership. Now it's a terrible lotto that looks like it has a less than 10% chance of winning.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭keng66

Just got the no luck email, first time in 7 years that I haven't been able to get 2 6-Nations tickets. Just a vague promise of being able to apply for a friendly against Wales before the WC. My membership is up at end of this month, will not be renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭sylvanb

If interested in going to the away games, the €50 is better spent on joining the Scotland or Wales Supporters Club. At least that way, you have a decent shout in getting tickets.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 ozzyo

Have got 2 tickets every year for 5 years from the supporters club and got nothing this year. I take it they are aware this will drastically reduce the amount of supporters cub members as most people who were unsuccessful are not going to take the chance next year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

No joy for me

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 14,009 Mod ✭✭✭✭pc7

No luck here, think in it at least 10 years and always got lucky. Good while it lasted, don’t think I’ll be renewing.

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭Ronney

No Joy x 2 here

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

ozzyo wrote: »
    Have got 2 tickets every year for 5 years from the supporters club and got nothing this year. I take it they are aware this will drastically reduce the amount of supporters cub members as most people who were unsuccessful are not going to take the chance next year.
    I'd be surprised if the IRFU didn't make substantially more from corporate sales of these tickets than they do from supporters club membership fees.

Anyone else waiting to hear one way or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭trevezel

for me, no renewal next year, so long supporters club...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 547 ✭✭✭Duffryman

I'm wondering if they suddenly decided to drastically reduce the number of tickets for the Supporters Club, thereby making it much more difficult for Supporters Club members to actually get them?

I'm basing that on how I've been paying into the Club each year for the past five or six years, and up to now, I was always able to get two tickets for either a Six Nations match or an Autumn Internationals match, so long as I was online and ready to pounce at exactly 10 a.m. on the days they went on sale. These included tickets to a home Six Nations match v England, and even tickets to the recent match v the All Blacks (albeit they were Category 4 tickets - didn't mind - was still there!)

But now it's a pure lottery, where (if the poll I set up separately is anything go by) some 90% of people don't get the chance to buy tickets at all? I can't imagine 90% missing out the 'old' way.....

• Registered Users Posts: 42 st1903

If you were offered tickets, are you still able to select the seats or are they preassigned?

I got the unsuccessful email but just wondering for the future if they use this system again. I'm even less likely to pay €50 if I've to go through a draw and then have to go and pay Cat1 prices.

st1903 wrote: »
    If you were offered tickets, are you still able to select the seats or are they preassigned?

I got the unsuccessful email but just wondering for the future if they use this system again. I'm even less likely to pay €50 if I've to go through a draw and then have to go and pay Cat1 prices.

Think it's that you're randomly assigned category and that's that. Can't turn them down and opt for others. That's my understanding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,887 ✭✭✭✭Riskymove

Hard to see it not being the end of the club. Sad really but it had declined in recent years anyway. No real benefit outside the sale

Just renewed for 50 for basically nothing for next 12 months as it turns out they included everyone up to Oct anyway

I am already able to take part in a ballot through Munster so I can't see us paying 100 euro just to take part in another ballot

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement