Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arcade 1Ups replica cabs thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭ronanc1000

Mine arrived today. Took me about an hour to put together, very straight forward, every part was labelled and instructions were very clear. It's extremely well packaged together.

The artwork is class, really eyecatching.
    The cab itself is nice and compact, could probably do with little arcade stool for it, would go nicely if I can find one online. Gameplay and sounds are very good, it has its own volume switch.

I am aware that the control panels are open to wearing however, Arcade 1up got back to me within an hour with an order number for a free plexiglass protector that sits on top, awaiting dispatch on that.

Overall, It's very eye catching and nicely compact if you don't have a big room for it and a good price to at the moment. Sorry for the picture quality, but I've attached some below.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

So I've one of these wrapped for me for Christmas day, it's the rampage one, kinda bummed she didn't get me the street fighter one but I'm still excited more than I have in years for Christmas day:D
    Shame it isn't easy to add games, does it look like it will ever be an option without adding buttons and all that stuff listed in the video a few pages back?
    I'm interested in getting a riser for mine but gamestop don't seem to have it listed and amazon doesn't seem to have it either, does anyone have a link to somewhere I can get one from please?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭Inviere

The SF2 one is the only one that’ll be worth adding more games to, as the control types of the other machines are really restrictive in terms of what’s playable beyond the included games.

I love the artwork and finish on all of them, but even at half price, it’s still a hard sell for me. I think I’d lean more toward a Pi in a CRT project with one of those rgb thingies.

AFAIK the riser isn't available to us in Ireland or the UK, so we are early to the game in the whole Arcade1up movement as such.

I did find on Reddit a page that does update availablity around the world. What cabinet is available in what region etc. This includes the riser. Hopefully that and other cabinets (like pacman I hope!) will be available early next year.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/Arcade1Up/comments/9n0afs/arcade1up_prices_and_availability_updated/#ampf=undefined

iamtony wrote: »
    So I've one of these wrapped for me for Christmas day, it's the rampage one, kinda bummed she didn't get me the street fighter one but I'm still excited more than I have in years for Christmas day:D
    Shame it isn't easy to add games, does it look like it will ever be an option without adding buttons and all that stuff listed in the video a few pages back?
    I'm interested in getting a riser for mine but gamestop don't seem to have it listed and amazon doesn't seem to have it either, does anyone have a link to somewhere I can get one from please?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

And now I see I need to replace the spinner.... Bugger ...

• Advertisement

Oh ffs, I caved :( Time to start clearing some space....

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I am aware that the control panels are open to wearing however, Arcade 1up got back to me within an hour with an order number for a free plexiglass protector that sits on top, awaiting dispatch on that.

How did you contact them re getting the plexi protector?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,564 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Anyone else think the dimensions look off with the riser?

They were designed proportionately to be small. Stick it on a riser and it doesn't look right.

o1s1n wrote: »
    Anyone else think the dimensions look off with the riser?

They were designed proportionately to be small. Stick it on a riser and it doesn't look right.
    I guess you'd have to get a look at it in the flesh. If the riser doesn't try to be part of the unit itself then it could look OK.

Inviere wrote: »
    How did you contact them re getting the plexi protector?

http://arcade1upstore.com section on the website specifically for it

Edit:that form seems like it's for the US only.

• Advertisement

iamtony wrote: »
    http://arcade1upstore.com section on the website specifically for it

Edit:that form seems like it's for the US only.

They have an email address on the UK end, use that.

service@arcade1up.co.uk

That's what I used and they got back to me fairly quick so far I've an order number for the panel protector. They are available Monday - Friday, 9-5.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I almost caved on them being €200 but the Rampage one is the one I wanted :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Inviere wrote: »
    Oh ffs, I caved :( Time to start clearing some space....

Sure worst case scenario you can always stick it on Adverts, shouldn't be that hard to get your money back on it anyway.

DaveyDave wrote: »
    I almost caved on them being €200 but the Rampage one is the one I wanted :(

It’s available to add to cart with free delivery
    Andrew76 wrote: »
    Sure worst case scenario you can always stick it on Adverts, shouldn't be that hard to get your money back on it anyway.

Stick “them” on Adverts that is....2 for the price of 1 an all :o (Rampage and SF2)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,330 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

anyone else try the mod yet?
    I have the deck protector on the way so will have to mod that as well

Skerries wrote: »
    anyone else try the mod yet?
    I have the deck protector on the way so will have to mod that as well

I’ll keep an eye on the mod that may end up allowing the addition of extra games to the stock system. Adding a Pi, new controls, encoders, etc, I dunno...I’d be worried it’d dilute the overall product a tad. You’d need to be very careful about adding too many games of course too.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,541 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Changed my mind on this, looking to cancel my order.
    It's really down to the crappy spinner that they used, apparently it spoils Tempest completely.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Debenhams in the square ha e one out on display with Street fighter 2 the height isnt the best imo not that I've the space or money to get one lol

• Registered Users Posts: 6,205 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Here we go wrote: »
    Debenhams in the square ha e one out on display with Street fighter 2 the height isnt the best imo not that I've the space or money to get one lol

Their one is over €500, at least that was the price in the catalogue!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,965 ✭✭✭Doge

Are most people ordering them with the shipping option?

Edit: didn't spot this page of replies!

• Advertisement

I'd say so. I did anyway because there's was little to no stock anywhere. I ordered on the morning of the 13th with express shipping option (which is free) and it arrived the following afternoon.

Doge wrote: »
    Are most people ordering them with the shipping option?

ronanc1000 wrote: »
    I'd say so. I did anyway because there's was little to no stock anywhere. I ordered on the morning of the 13th with express shipping option (which is free) and it arrived the following afternoon.

Ah sweet, I just sent a pm to inverie asking about shipping times but that answers my question.

**** it, I think I'll cave in and order now.

Might go with a core i5 build.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,915 ✭✭✭cursai

It seems a lot of people are modding these. Would it not work out cheaper to buy the parts, some decals and build it yourself.

cursai wrote: »
    It seems a lot of people are modding these. Would it not work out cheaper to buy the parts, some decals and build it yourself.

Well, that's the thing.
    Certainly, at €400 it was near regular cab money, and if you were going to try and have a RPi build of your own you would have better to go straight for an upright.
    But at €200, well a slot it together yourself DIY kit is nearly in that territory, and there's value in the control panel, decals and screen as it is, slap in a RPi and you're good to go... until you need a candy at least!

I caved in and ordered.

Here's the controller board needed if anyone who has Amazon especially prime wants to get it before Christmas.

HDMI VGA DVI Audio LCD Controller Board M.NT68767 Fit To M170ETN01.1 17" 19" M190ETN01.0 1280x1024 LCD Display https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07JMLRJN1/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_G4JfCbNYFVPX1

Theres a lighting deal on zero delay usb arcade encoder on Amazon at the moment. About £5.50 delivered for those who want to get them soon.

It's a lightning so you can only order a quantity of 1,.and then pay full price for the next which is £6.99.

Quimat Zero Delay Arcade USB Encoder PC to Joystick for Mame Jamma & Other PC Fighting Games https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B06XD1WF8G/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_twQfCbTE5TPV7

• Registered Users Posts: 3,718 ✭✭✭The Last Bandit

Have them in Gamestop Navan for 200, Ah at that price they're decent enough considering a PS Classic is half that.

Here’s the amplifier I went for on amazon:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00LEHBDCW/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Seems to be the cheaper price of all the listings and is sold by amazon direct so the UK power supply should be decent and safe I’d imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,780 ✭✭✭eddhorse

They will still come down in price after Xmas in the sales, down to €150 in the US.
    Had a go on the SF2 in Gamestop in the Square n Tallaght.
    They actually had it sitting on a box to bring it higher by 2 foot.
    Buttons and joysticks seemed ok, as did the LCD screen. Not much more to them really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,065 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Im waiting on that sweet spot of €29.99

Advertisement