Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I don't know where we're going, but I know where I am (part 6).

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭ChippingSodbury

At the desk still waiting on EdwardM's concrete that was supposed to be here at 2!

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,378 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Costa, Mountgorry, Swords (#2)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,069 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Home now playing too loud music.
    Any outdoor thoughts have been drowned by the rain. That’s my excuse and I am sticking to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,837 ✭✭✭Edward M

At the desk still waiting on EdwardM's concrete that was supposed to be here at 2!

You still there CS, I got it at about 2:45 or so, as usual it never comes on time, but it's in.
    Got soaked at it too, but home now, out chores done and dinner ate.
    I'm going visiting my cous now, he's off to amerikay tomorrow for a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,087 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Kitchen table. Never really got going at the tech desk today. It can wait. Nothing major happening. Nice dinner for one out earlier. Now its still just one.:( Jaysus this is one lonely free gaff. Feck all on TV. Watched all my recordings and don't have the patience for Netflix. A bottle of beer so.:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,237 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Finally homeside and glad to be in out of the rain :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,543 ✭✭✭bassy

Yes I am.

You?

i surely am :) echo india ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Out of work. Had two little traveller girls in with me today, and they were beyond lovely. (I am usually no fan of travellers) but I am so happy to be proven wrong sometimes. They were so polite, and interested in my work. Great chats. They talked about their culture and parts they wouldn’t conform to (too young to get married, wouldn’t marry a man that didn’t treat them right, one wouldn’t marry a traveller) and the thing that made me happiest was one of them wanted to be either a guard or a nurse when she finishes school so has no plans of leaving school until she has her leaving cert. they were intelligent, articulate and a pleasure to chat with.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,806 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

bassy wrote: »

I'm in IO62 won't say anymore 73's

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

:D

In bed wondering if I should get up and do something
    I fell asleep at about 11 o clock. Woke up at about 12:30, feel like I’m up for the day. I would give a kidney for a week of solid sleep

I've lately started putting on meditation videos on YouTube to get to sleep. I was very cynical at first but swear to god they work.

I started off listening to an hour before getting to sleep, now I don't manage 15 minutes. Brilliant.

One in particular called release worry.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

On the couch knackered. I have dinner for 9 done and cleaned up and I have 17 days of dinner for Mr elliot cooked blended and put in the pouches and ready for the freezer. :D I'm still wrecked after yesterdays round trip to crumlin. We took the car after getting up early and everything ready to go on the train, we decided on the way to the train that we'd drive.. Lol, we were 2 hours early so went for lunch and a leisurely walk in the sunshine. It was only us and the boy so we actually got to have an uninterrupted conversation..
    Got home at 7 last night to a clean kitchen, fires lit and vacuuming done, the 16 year old was home with the 4 year old.. . I was asleep by 10 last night. :)
    Gym this morning and tomorrow again. I was able to do the double leg lowers holding 24kg (2x12kg) kettle bells over my face... :D nothing like the threat of a smashed face to concentrate the mind..

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Home. contemplating a scone & a cuppa.

bassy wrote: »

Thanks for the short QSO there bassy 73 es gud dx :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Ariadne

I survived my German class and I seem to be on the same level as everyone else, phew :D

Wrecked and lying on my bed now.

Achtung Achtung :D

German classes for us all ;):D

Now couchside perving on Pinterest :D

Aka known as watching my favourite man

I am in the bed!!!! Next few days will be spent alone and I cannot wait. Ah lovely solitude :D

Reclining, watching RIPD with Jeff Bridges, I just love Jeff Bridges movies.

I am in the bed!!!! Next few days will be spent alone and I cannot wait. Ah lovely solitude :D

I'm two nights in and already feckin hate solitude.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭BBFAN

Edward M wrote: »
    Reclining, watching RIPD with Jeff Bridges, I just love Jeff Bridges movies.

What's RIPD?

BBFAN wrote: »
    What's RIPD?

A movie with Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds.
    A so so movie, Bridges is as usual awesome though.
    It's on Netflix, short for rest in peace dept.

• Advertisement

Grandeeod wrote: »
    I'm two nights in and already feckin hate solitude.:mad:

That's my idea of heaven :)

Edward M wrote: »
    A movie with Jeff Bridges and Ryan Reynolds.
    A so so movie, Bridges is as usual awesome though.
    It's on Netflix, short for rest in peace dept.

Young Jeff Bridges was rather tasty but I do have a soft spot for Ryan Reynolds :D I liked that film :)

Still couchside

Autosport wrote: »

That reminds me of a song, I'd be surprised if anyone knows it

Up on Catstye Cam, I know where I am
    I’m in heaven, I’m a satisfied man
    Got my head in the clouds and my feet on the ground
    I’m only lonely when there’s people around
    Dollywagon, you’re still my favourite girl
    But on Catstye Cam I’m at peace with the world

Its my idea of hell. Gotta rethink this and I will.:eek:

For anyone wondering, the weather in Lanzorote is very mild tonight apparently. The food and drink is grand and affordable and wasn't served by me for a fooking change!

Its my idea of hell. Gotta rethink this and I will.:eek:

For anyone wondering, the weather in Lanzorote is very mild tonight apparently. The food and drink is grand and affordable and wasn't served by me for a fooking change!

I love the peace and quiet :) Lanzorate is a beautiful spot and the ladies are lucky but you should be with them ;)

I love the peace and quiet :) Lanzorate is a beautiful spot and the ladies are lucky but you should be with them ;)

I had to stay and work from home and on call to pay for the trip.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

Perhaps not totally alone images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSpC4ww240mUqC2XrRKIIu6ENa5-YQzS0ZsuZruAjJb5i0EN0Z2

I had to stay and work from home and on call to pay for the trip.:mad:

I didn't mean it in a bad way, I meant temptation is all around and now you have to cook for me ;)

Now who is that I hear making a woof sound?

:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,292 ✭✭✭0lddog

BBFAN wrote: »
    I've lately started putting on meditation videos on YouTube to get to sleep. I was very cynical at first but swear to god they work.

I started off listening to an hour before getting to sleep, now I don't manage 15 minutes. Brilliant.

One in particular called release worry.

I use Kirsty Young era Desert Island Discs podcasts for similar :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement