Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Used BMW i3 experiences

Options

Comments

kceire wrote: »
    Keyless entry is part of the comfort package?

I think it is, shame you don't have the VIN you could find exactly what it has.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

I think it is, shame you don't have the VIN you could find exactly what it has.

I do, that's the full list from the VIN check that I posted.
    rolion wrote: »
    I understood there was some upgrade(s) done on the i3 in 2016...so i've been advised to buy from 2016 upwards !?

Can you elaborate on this?
    unkel wrote: »
    Just the usual places you can book a ferry, but hint: it's a lot cheaper weekdays - particularly the 3AM sailing from L'pool!

I'm probably snookered in only being able to go on a Friday. If I go on a Saturday the flight drops from 190 to 47!
    If I do med week and do the AM ferry then I need 2 days of work.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭lightspeed

I've to bring mine in on the 28th so I'll let you know lol.

I'm expecting it to cost more of course but having the Rex means much more to me than the extra servicing. Really all they have to do is change the oil and filters. Brake fluid and probably pollen filter.

It was registered in March 2017 so this will be it's first service so I can live with the extra maintenance costs for the convenience of having the Rex, the time saved at busy chargers makes it worth every single cent !

Thanks, quick google of it i see on other UK forums people quoting prices of £350 but not sure how comparable that is here.

I dont suppose you ever enquired about cost of service pack from bmw for the i3?

I see Frank Keane bmw advertise two packages but don't include prices for either which is frustrating.

https://naasroad.frankkeanebmw.ie/web/bmw-service-inclusive/

lightspeed wrote: »
    Thanks, quick google of it i see on other UK forums people quoting prices of £350 but not sure how comparable that is here.

I dont suppose you ever enquired about cost of service pack from bmw for the i3?

I see Frank Keane bmw advertise two packages but don't include prices for either which is frustrating.

No never enquired about it.

Can you elaborate on this?

The upgrade in 2016 added some minor cosmetic changes as well as the 33 Kwh battery and the S version, changes to spec I can't confirm after that.

• Advertisement

It was €500 for both our 520d’s.
    That was for 5 years servicing but it had to be bought before the first service was carried out and couldn’t be bought afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

rolion wrote: »
    I understood there was some upgrade(s) done on the i3 in 2016...so i've been advised to buy from 2016 upwards !?

50% bigger battery , so if you can afford the extra it's well worth it.

Easy know it was milder today, a lot easier to achieve 14.5 Kwh/100 kms , local driving not much above 80 km/h over this 18 Kms.

tbebUYt.jpg

If you could average this with the 42 Kwh you could get " with maybe 38 kwh usable " 261 Kms. But I'd be expecting more like 190 - 220 at decent speeds , still, nothing to be sniffed at at all.

If they could only have allowed it charge faster than 50 Kw FFS AC cooled battery and all !!!

Best I got in summer was 230 ish Kms off the motorway little AC. In fact, sometimes it's nice to go off the motorway along the older national routes, you can get pretty decent efficiency then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,210 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Looking at the following, can anyone comment on spec?

41,000 miles
    2 keys, full history and all books present.

September 2015 car.
    BMW Warranty until December 2019.

Extended warranty? I thought the warranty could only be extended during the original warranty period. Not sure how that one got an extra 3 months?

Keyless entry is part of the comfort package?
    Keyless entry is part of the "please steal my car" package.

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Extended warranty? I thought the warranty could only be extended during the original warranty period. Not sure how that one got an extra 3 months?

It was sold as an AUC on December 1st 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 DMZ99

If it’s so frustrating why don’t you call them?

I have the service pack but can’t remember what I paid for it. About €400 maybe. In the grand scheme of things it was a rounding error.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,915 ✭✭✭Patser

Well? Come on MM3 did you ever get the i3 you were just about to buy? 1st impression?

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭MM3

Patser wrote: »
    Well? Come on MM3 did you ever get the i3 you were just about to buy? 1st impression?

Well no is the short answer, the long answer involves a dealer playing fast and loose with the truth.

Anyhow, I've done a deal on a 161 60ah from the uk which I'll be collecting next week. Its not the 94ah (which ideally I'd have preferred) but its coming in under budget which is of course important (the 94 was right at the top end) and tbh we don't need a range higher than provided by the 60 so I'm comfortable with the decision. I'll throw a few pics up once it arrives. Spec is pretty good, upgraded alloys (428's), pro nav , park assist and sunroof.

M

MM3 wrote: »
    Well no is the short answer, the long answer involves a dealer playing fast and loose with the truth.

Anyhow, I've done a deal on a 161 60ah from the uk which I'll be collecting next week. Its not the 94ah (which ideally I'd have preferred) but its coming in under budget which is of course important (the 94 was right at the top end) and tbh we don't need a range higher than provided by the 60 so I'm comfortable with the decision. I'll throw a few pics up once it arrives. Spec is pretty good, upgraded alloys (428's), pro nav , park assist and sunroof.

M

Best of luck.
    I’ll hopefully be getting my i3 from the UK. Ext week too.

M

[JerryMaguire] You had me at sunroof [/JerryMaguire]

Best of luck.
    I’ll hopefully be getting my i3 from the UK. Ext week too.

Excellent - did you go for the one off the i3 Facebook page?

M

Excellent - did you go for the one off the i3 Facebook page?

M

I didn’t.
    I was talking to him, then he disappeared for 2 days with no reply. And in that time i found a replacement.

I was prepared to go over today for it, as he had told he wanted to sell straight away, then came back the 2 days later saying he couldn’t sell straight away, could i wait till next neck.

Ended up provisionaly agreeing to a 2016 Fluid Black 94 ah Rex model with every extra possible!

Ended up provisionaly agreeing to a 2016 Fluid Black 94 ah Rex model with every extra possible!

Ahh now I'm jealous. I wanted all the toys (well not fussed on the sunroof) but I ended up settling for no leather seats. And surprise surprise my wife has already spilled food on the passenger seat. :mad:

Still tempted to get after market leather seats fitted.

My i3 currently in for an annual inspection at a main BMW dealer. Strange to see it in company of about 10 other i3s. Talking with service receptionist and she's saying there's a big demand for them this year.

I didn’t.
    I was talking to him, then he disappeared for 2 days with no reply. And in that time i found a replacement.

I was prepared to go over today for it, as he had told he wanted to sell straight away, then came back the 2 days later saying he couldn’t sell straight away, could i wait till next neck.

Nice , well wear! Ours is fluid black as well, going to hard to keep methinks.

M

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,295 ✭✭✭n97 mini

What's the selling price, if you don't mind me asking?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Tired of the Ampera already?

DrPhilG wrote: »
    Ahh now I'm jealous. I wanted all the toys (well not fussed on the sunroof) but I ended up settling for no leather seats. And surprise surprise my wife has already spilled food on the passenger seat. :mad:

Still tempted to get after market leather seats fitted.

Delighted with this one alright so hopefully it works out.
    20” wheels
    Adaptive LED
    Pro Nav / Media
    Sun roof
    Park assist
    Front and rear PDC with rear camera
    Harmon Kardon
    Privacy glass
    BMW Warranty until November 2019
    Rapid charge
    Heated seats
    Comfort access
    Range Extender
    Patser wrote: »
    My i3 currently in for an annual inspection at a main BMW dealer. Strange to see it in company of about 10 other i3s. Talking with service receptionist and she's saying there's a big demand for them this year.

Deffo a bigger demand for them. Bloomfield our one up last week for 23k. Very basic spec in my opinion and it’s sold already.
    Nice , well wear! Ours is fluid black as well, going to hard to keep methinks.

M

For sure. I wanted white but age and spec made me jump onto the black one.
    n97 mini wrote: »
    What's the selling price, if you don't mind me asking?

20k stg

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Waitin4thebus

Was in 2 dealers in last while and both quoted me €46,649 for new 120ah BEV i3. I thought there was 10k in grants to come off the top line price?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,864 ✭✭✭✭unkel

There is. Price is €36k.

BMW don't , for some unknown reason , quote prices with VRT and Grant deductions , baffling.

See if you can stretch for the S, it's supposed to be better to drive which should make it brilliant craic altogether. I hope they give me the S when my car is in for service on the 28th.

You might find a 2nd hand one or next year you might get a 2nd hand 42 Kwh for a decent price.

That’s mad, one guy argued that the actual price is 56k and it 46k with grants

Asked the sales guy what the price of the tyres is and he said sure they’re only little skinny ones and are cheaper than regular tyres. Also been around vw dealers asking about egolf and have been met with bewilderment. One guy told me it takes 17 hours to charge and nobody buying them. Only company who seem to be half knowledgable is Hyundai (At least round here). Very frustrating experience.

Asked the sales guy what the price of the tyres is and he said sure they’re only little skinny ones and are cheaper than regular tyres. Also been around vw dealers asking about egolf and have been met with bewilderment. One guy told me it takes 17 hours to charge and nobody buying them. Only company who seem to be half knowledgable is Hyundai (At least round here). Very frustrating experience.

There’s only s few brands that make the i3 tyres.
    On camskill they are about €175 each for the 20”.

• Advertisement

20k stg

Damn your black heart, that's cheaper than mine was.

Bad timing for me I suppose, bought just before BMW surprised us by dropping the price of the 120ah.

Advertisement