Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

2018 Audi e-tron: Audi accepts deposits for electric SUV

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Mike9832 wrote: »

One car had problem and they didn’t mention what those problems are....could be no water in wipers, all the tyres not at right temp.....

The other was perfect , how is that software issues?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,062 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I rang and had booked a test drive on one today (I'd be buying though a company, and paying BIK on the value over 50k if I understand it correctly). Anyway, waited for 40 minutes and they were all too busy apparently (why bother giving me an appointment time if you can't keep it!).

Anyway, I got to see it from the outside (They couldn't even be bothered to let me sit in), and it looks kind of small - it seems smaller than the Q5, although bigger than the Q3. But it was raining at the time, so didn't spend much time looking around it. Just doesn't seem worth the price, and the tech probably isn't mature enough yet (although the grants etc would be nice)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,382 ✭✭✭Ryath

It's much bigger than the Q5 just under 24cm longer and 4cm wider. It's closer in size to the Q7. Rear leg room looks very good to as it has no transmission tunnel.

It's the first Ev that's really big enough for my needs and can take a towbar unfortunately it' way over my budget.

Ryath wrote: »
    It's much bigger than the Q5 just under 24cm longer and 4cm wider.

Could have been longer alright, but it was lower to the ground. Perhaps I wasn't giving it a fair look (I wasn't exactly happy). Also apparently it's the only demo model in Dublin (It was in Audi Sandyford last week, and they won't be getting it back until March)

Rulmeq wrote: »
    Could have been longer alright, but it was lower to the ground. Perhaps I wasn't giving it a fair look (I wasn't exactly happy). Also apparently it's the only demo model in Dublin (It was in Audi Sandyford last week, and they won't be getting it back until March)

Q5 is a little taller all right a lot of that is in the extra ride height though. e-tron is a lot more estate like. Personally like it a lot but I much prefer a large estate to an SUV.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

I rang and had booked a test drive on one today (I'd be buying though a company, and paying BIK on the value over 50k if I understand it correctly). Anyway, waited for 40 minutes and they were all too busy apparently (why bother giving me an appointment time if you can't keep it!).

Anyway, I got to see it from the outside (They couldn't even be bothered to let me sit in), and it looks kind of small - it seems smaller than the Q5, although bigger than the Q3. But it was raining at the time, so didn't spend much time looking around it. Just doesn't seem worth the price, and the tech probably isn't mature enough yet (although the grants etc would be nice)

Wonder would you be okay for the home charger grant if it’s a company car, doubt it, shame

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

slave1 wrote: »
    Wonder would you be okay for the home charger grant if it’s a company car, doubt it, shame

I hadn't considered that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭catharsis

Q5 is a little taller all right a lot of that is in the extra ride height though. e-tron is a lot more estate like. Personally like it a lot but I much prefer a large estate to an SUV.

ETron 1629 MM
    Q5 1659 MM

Difference =30MM = 3CM = 1 Inch (approx)

Also worth noting the standard air suspension is adjustable by up to 3 inches if memory serves..... so anyone feeling inadequately high has a ready-made solution :-)

catharsis wrote: »
    ETron 1629 MM
    Q5 1659 MM

Difference =30MM = 3CM = 1 Inch (approx)

Also worth noting the standard air suspension is adjustable by up to 3 inches if memory serves..... so anyone feeling inadequately high has a ready-made solution :-)

I had seen a different figure. Probably because of the adjustable air suspension. Handy when you want to park up on the footpath right outside the school gates. :p

472657.png

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,785 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Just watched Bjorn's vid on this car, knocked over by the inefficiency, even these past few weeks with a considerable amount of preheating and short trips our L30 is hitting 0.22kWh/km

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

• Advertisement

I had seen a different figure. Probably because of the adjustable air suspension. Handy when you want to park up on the footpath right outside the school gates. :p

472657.png

Looking at those, it reminds me more of the A6 Allroad than a Q.

Looking at those, it reminds me more of the A6 Allroad than a Q.

which is why pictures can be deceiving

the etron is 3CM lower than the q5 according to the figures I quoted which are from the audi specification sheets for the car, and the ride height difference is 3cm... meaning they are nothing like as different as the photo would suggest and are effectively identical heights.

It's also ~10 inches longer and ~3 wider than the q5 ... so again the pictures imply something different but that's down to angles and so forth.

I like allroads, BTW, so if it looked like an allroad that would be a good thing, but it was parked beside an A6 Avant on the forecourt in sandyford and it was very apparent the difference between the estate and the Q.

slave1 wrote: »
    Just watched Bjorn's vid on this car, knocked over by the inefficiency, even these past few weeks with a considerable amount of preheating and short trips our L30 is hitting 0.22kWh/km

2.7 tonnes will tend to do that :-)

Can't say now in fairness the efficiency would worry me at all, electricity is cheap.

I doubt many people will worry about it considering how fast it charges.

The car is class. Love it !

catharsis wrote: »
    which is why pictures can be deceiving

the etron is 3CM lower than the q5 according to the figures I quoted which are from the audi specification sheets for the car, and the ride height difference is 3cm... meaning they are nothing like as different as the photo would suggest and are effectively identical heights.

It's also ~10 inches longer and ~3 wider than the q5 ... so again the pictures imply something different but that's down to angles and so forth.

I like allroads, BTW, so if it looked like an allroad that would be a good thing, but it was parked beside an A6 Avant on the forecourt in sandyford and it was very apparent the difference between the estate and the Q.

It probably didn't help that I was going there expecting something between a Q5 and a Q7 - so to me it just felt small (coming down from my current one would not be great). I did notice that it looked far bigger from the rear than the front though - so it's probably got great room in the boot.

Back around 2003 I had strongly considered an allroad, so it wouldn't be the worst thing at all. I've asked the guys in Naas to give me a ring when they get it in, so I can drive it then. I certainly won't be going back to Audi north Dublin though (and I got my current one from them)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,350 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Clickbait s**t, best is all the Tesla fans commenting on the article at the bottom....all the websites now the same, run the same BS story about Audi/VW and all the Tesla fanboys lapping it up, not a single one of them have the ability to check if it s**t or not

You hilarious, you are the biggest fan boy here (VW)

Only the other day you posted about a Tesla being sent out the factory with different seats. But never checked the accuracy, one of the seats was replaced after it left the factory.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It probably didn't help that I was going there expecting something between a Q5 and a Q7 -

but it is between a q5 and a q7 :pac:

Cyrus wrote: »
    but it is between a q5 and a q7 :pac:

Lenght wise, yes, not height (which is where I was expecting it) and size (physical presence). It just looked and felt smaller in every way (but that's just how I perceived it, on a wet day looking in from the outside, in a pissed off mood, so I'm going to give it another chance in Naas)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Lenght wise, yes, not height (which is where I was expecting it) and size (physical presence). It just looked and felt smaller in every way (but that's just how I perceived it, on a wet day looking in from the outside, in a pissed off mood, so I'm going to give it another chance in Naas)

Kept lower to keep the aerodynamics in check id say. Tall cars dont work well aero dynamically speaking. Aero on an EV is sacrosanct.

Aero and efficiency is all well and good but probably not top of someone's list who would buy this car, for most people at least in Ireland the range added by fantastic charging speeds will more than suffice, particularly when the infrastructure catches up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Aero and efficiency is all well and good but probably not top of someone's list who would buy this car, for most people at least in Ireland the range added by fantastic charging speeds will more than suffice, particularly when the infrastructure catches up.

I don't know about you Mad_Lad but i'd say most will want to buy something to avoid charging as much as possible, especially for 100k

Who want's to wait 20-30 mins at a charger?

I know they are not comparable size wise, but the Tesla Model 3 P is so far ahead of this E-Tron in terms of performance/range/price

15kWh/100km and 0-60 3.3 secs vs 30kWh/100km and 0-60 6.1 secs

It literally blows the doors off the Audi, nearly twice the range at motorway speeds and a lot cheaper

Can't believe the yanks can get it for 60k

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

The E-Tron and I-Pace are going after Model X customers, so it's not surprising that they don't compete with the Model 3 at its price point.

I don't know about you Mad_Lad but i'd say most will want to buy something to avoid charging as much as possible, especially for 100k

I know they are not comparable size wise, but the Tesla Model 3 P is so far ahead of this E-Tron in terms of performance/range/price

It literally blows the doors off the Audi, nearly twice the range at motorway speeds and a lot cheaper

You are comparing a car with an SUV?

While you are at it you might as well compare the Leaf to the E-Tron because it will just be as pointless.....

According to https://electrek.co/2018/01/16/tesla-model-3-efficiency-improved-2018-version/ the Model S gets the same efficiency as the i3. But it might have the edge at high speeds.

Many satisfied people with the performance of the Audi.

+ there's a lot of people, who like Audi interiors and there are also a lot of people who do not like the ( tablet on wheels ) interior of the Model 3 and I have to say I'm not a fan of it either at least not until I sit in it but at this early stage I have to say that I do not like it a lot.

Regards charging, it charges so fast a lot of people probably won't want to need 30 mins charge.

The Audi is also a much larger car so there's going to be obvious consequences as people buy more and more crossovers and SUV instead of saloons and hatches.

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    You are comparing a car with an SUV?

While you are at it you might as well compare the Leaf to the E-Tron because it will just be as pointless.....

Yeah exactly,

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,912 ✭✭✭Mike9832

Nice vid and all

They might as well have used a hologram, of a sled of huskies pulling the E-Tron, it would be as relevant to the production car tech wise

Nice vid and all

They might as well have used a hologram, of a sled of huskies pulling the E-Tron, it would be as relevant to the production car tech wise

What????

• Registered Users Posts: 1,331 ✭✭✭80sDiesel

Great vid from fully charged
    https://youtu.be/TAAUjDroir4

It's weight and price are it's weakness.

A man is rich in proportion to the number of things which he can afford to let alone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭bf

Up on the Audi.ie configurator now

Advertisement