Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apex Legends

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Apex legend, got my win on all 8 characters.

Varik wrote: »
    Apex legend, got my win on all 8 characters.
    Aimbot? :-D

I'm still trying to get a win with Gibraltar. Don't know why, I know they are all the same speed but he just feels really slow to me. I think it's the sound of his footsteps, they make him sound slower.

Must be about 30 games with him and I've only 2 kills :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

I'm still trying to get a win with Gibraltar. Don't know why, I know they are all the same speed but he just feels really slow to me. I think it's the sound of his footsteps, they make him sound slower.

It's because of the slower animation of his arms moving when you run.
    His character size and hitbox is massive compared to other legends and this is the real issue that I have no idea how they are going to fix.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

tuxy wrote: »
    His character size and hitbox is massive compared to other legends and this is the real issue that I have no idea how they are going to fix.

They should just go the way of TF2/Overwatch, where each Legend has their own stats.

e.g. - Different movement speeds, health/shield pools, perks [extra inventory slots, bigger stacks per slot, etc.], and so forth.

There is absolutely no way of fixing it otherwise, with keeping the same health pools while smaller legends have a direct advantage over larger ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

https://www.reddit.com/r/apexlegends/comments/ax7v2u/gibraltar_vs_wraith_hitbox/?ref=share&ref_source=link

The difference in hitboxes right here. Hilarious. Won't stop me playing Gibby tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

Just got to get to lvl 50 now to get all cheevs on the game.

Favourite load out is Bangalore with a Wingman and a threat detector scope

Can't use the shotguns atall, I'm really bad at close up combat.

BeerWolf wrote: »
    They should just go the way of TF2/Overwatch, where each Legend has their own stats.

e.g. - Different movement speeds, health/shield pools, perks [extra inventory slots, bigger stacks per slot, etc.], and so forth.

There is absolutely no way of fixing it otherwise, with keeping the same health pools while smaller legends have a direct advantage over larger ones.

It works in those games because every character has their own guns so high health characters generally do low damage. Early game would be totally unbalanced in Apex if legends had different health.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,758 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

tuxy wrote: »

He has the shield up when shooting so can take an extra shot or two, you need to aim down the sights more often, and pop your dome shield once you take a hit or two. You can poke your gun out and shoot without taking damage. (You can hide as any charater in the ring this way too and it's hard to see you).

I know you can but does it make up for this kind of difference in hitbox size?

Apex_Legends_Hitboxes.png

140% bigger hitbox area than wraith!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Getting a Wraith win will be the death of me. 66 games, 13 Top 3's, not a single win. Have gotten wins much quicker on other chars. I know it's somewhat based on luck with your drop zone and availability of weapons, but my christ, I'll have Mirage unlocked before I get that win.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,403 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

Getting a Wraith win will be the death of me. 66 games, 13 Top 3's, not a single win. Have gotten wins much quicker on other chars. I know it's somewhat based on luck with your drop zone and availability of weapons, but my christ, I'll have Mirage unlocked before I get that win.

Many of you guys playing this on PS4? I'm loving it and playing loads but only have 1 other guy regularly on.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

AdamD wrote: »
    Many of you guys playing this on PS4? I'm loving it and playing loads but only have 1 other guy regularly on.

Yeah, there's about 5 or 6 of us on regularly enough. That might change this week a little with the new Destiny content released today, but I'd more than likely still be on for a few game throughout the week.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,492 ✭✭✭✭Varik

So what's people record for most damage without a kill in a game, looking at 970 right now i think.

Varik wrote: »
    So what's people record for most damage without a kill in a game, looking at 970 right now i think.

I think I've a screenshot of a game where I had 2.1k damage - 3 kills. Team mate has 2.7k damage - 14 kills. Definitely not bitter whatsoever. Definitely not.

Its weird I think my own record is 13 kills, which was when I jumped into a game whilst waiting for my 2 team mates to finish, their game finished earlier than expected so I decided to go gung ho in order to end mine quickly and just went on a mad streak of taking out full squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

hah i was raging going to bed last night, joined a game solo, said to myself it would be the last one.

I got lucky with 2 competent players, and we ran around the map looking for kills, got a good few between us. We then ran into a team just outside bone town, i killed 2 players solo and my other 2 team mates got knocked by their third. I had feck all hp left after killing the two and was out in the open so had to engage the third, he had a rock to weave around and knew how to use it.. He clipped me with his peace keeper and down i went..

I was rocking a yellow knock down shield, which i didnt raise to shield myself as its more of a bullseye when you do.. The guy was running around panicking looking for the non existent remaining team member, i crawled behind his rock and jabbed myself for the self rez, got it, then slid down the hill nearby to a lone building to heal up and reload.. I went outside, he had raised his team mates, i lazered one of them then circled round behind them, got the beacons of my team mates, knocked their other rezzed team mate and ran away to a rez machine nearby, got my boys back into the game and we went back into it, there was still alot of teams left and the ring was making its way towards thunderdome..

There were guys in the cage above thunderdome sniping at us for the remainder of the game, we managed to kill some more guys, and i was scrounging for light ammo for my 301 as i knew id need for the close quarter fights at the end, my other gun was a wingman, which for me sucks at close range.

My other two team mates fell and the were outside the ring so no rez happening..

There were 3 teams left, the guys in the cage above, and the other team we were fighting on the way in, they only had two left.. They were chasing my as i ran from cover to cover around thunderdome, all the while the guys in the cage above were just spamming shots at us.. I played the cover to cover game beautifully, the guys behind me didnt and ended up their main focus..

So while not in their focus i zip lined up from below the cage, knocked one of the members with the last light ammo bullets i had (there were only two members in the cage above) the last guy managed to finish off the other team below..

So it was 1 v 1, my wingman vs his peacekeeper, a ****ty situation to say the least, not enough room up their to swing a cat and he lucks out with having a peacekeeper. Anyway, i did my best, he wiffed about 20 peace keeper shots before he finally got the last lucky shot.. Pretty much all of my wingman spamming missed (its so bad close range, atleast when you're trying to dodge bloody shotgun blasts)

But anyway yeah, hella fun/intense match, i should have played more games after it as trying to sleep after it was tough, tossing and turning over what i should have done instead..

This game.... I LOVE IT!

474695.jpg

Playing bloodhound also, which i never play, wished i was rocking my usual wraith or mirage :(

EDIT: Ah WTF, i just realised i placed third looking at that screenshot, the other team didnt make any effort to zip up to finish us, i was fighting for my life for a good minute+up there HAHA, there wasnt a peep out of them so i just figured they were dead... bastards :mad:

So i finally downgraded my graphics drivers back to 417.71, as apparently it fixes alot of crashes, except in my case, it increased them :mad:

So i went to revert back and apparently there was new drivers released today... the timing of my efforts, i swear!

So anyway, hopefully todays drivers fix the crashes, im losing my nut with them.. it like the crashes always wait until ive got a load of kills then boom! :mad::pac:

EDIT: lol "So"

• Registered Users Posts: 4,122 ✭✭✭BeerWolf

nix wrote: »
    So i finally downgraded my graphics drivers back to 417.71, as apparently it fixes alot of crashes, except in my case, it increased them :mad:

So i went to revert back and apparently there was new drivers released today... the timing of my efforts, i swear!

So anyway, hopefully todays drivers fix the crashes, im losing my nut with them.. it like the crashes always wait until ive got a load of kills then boom! :mad::pac:

EDIT: lol "So"

For me, if it ain't crashes [requiring to Alt+F4] it's the frequent disconnections.

Really driving my head in... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I haven't encountered a single crash or disconnection in my 80 hours of playing. I have heard a lot of people report crashing though. Happens to a friend I queue with the odd time. Only have 2 experiences with bugs so far. 1 game where it was like my mouse was auto-clicked. No matter what I did I couldn't stop punching or shooting. I just quit that game lol, that was with lifeline.
    Second was with mirage and when I moved sometimes my arms where glitching everywhere over my screen and could barely see. I haven't had either happen again sense.

Got to 100 wins on Lifeline

01945b66e01b5735d2ac9155d59e2013.jpg

Pity the trackers/stats suck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

Anyone with a 144hz monitor? Game was always fine but since last update, unless I cap at 60, the game is a stuttering mess, no matter what I do - Gsync on/off, adpative, double or triple buffered, setting an FPS cap, etc. Very annoying.

Crash wise I've had none is about 20 hours gameplay if not more. Just a glitch or two where I was stuck in super slow motion after being revived.

• Advertisement

Anyone with a 144hz monitor? Game was always fine but since last update, unless I cap at 60, the game is a stuttering mess, no matter what I do - Gsync on/off, adpative, double or triple buffered, setting an FPS cap, etc. Very annoying.

Crash wise I've had none is about 20 hours gameplay if not more. Just a glitch or two where I was stuck in super slow motion after being revived.

At 160hz here with no issues, havent had a crash that i can recall since the new nvidia drivers released yesterday.

I did turn texture streaming budget completely off though, which i might slap back up to max, so maybe try knocking that off? Also check that your field of view isnt set too high, ive read that can cause issues if yer machine isnt a beast.

EDIT: Just seen yer sig, you shouldnt have any issues at all, yer a step above my gpu, and your cpu is much better :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From Reddit...

S7hw7gJ.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

No issues here man.

However im getting so annoyed with this game, the netcode is an absolute joke.
    Some games im shredding guys, next game on my screen im hitting them with hit markers etc yet no damage numbers and no damage to them, it is incredibly inconsistent.

Worst netcode of all the big BR games.

Yeah I can't figure it out. No matter what FPS it's running at, it feels like it's 30fps. Tried different drivers, messing with borderless/vsync, everything. Wasn't like this before, and all other games are fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,111 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I wish there was a "Group up, you twats" ping.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,994 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

J. Marston wrote: »
    I wish there was a "Group up, you twats" ping.

had a lad the other night that was completely silent, nothing unusual there, but we landed and were looting up, and on the way to the next circle he wandered off a bit, got downed and cleaned, and he then promptly began a mini rage, ranting about how its a team game, where were my f**cking teammates etc.
    In my politest voice, I pointed out how he was the one who'd wandered off on his own, and if he had pointed out that he was the defacto leader of the squad at the drop, myself and the 3rd player could have stuck to him. I think he got a bit of a surprise to hear another voice, but he was a much nicer chap for the rest of the match after we rezzed him and came in 3rd :rolleyes:

I won two games in a row earlier, the first game I had probably my best Apex performance to date, the 2nd game I fired one single shot the whole game, and it was only to kill a downed enemy from a distance in the last 10 seconds. Talk about a carry.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

My friends and I had a great laugh the other night - we came second with 0 kills and about a total of 200 damage dealt between the 3 of us :D The winners caught us out in the open moving from a safe spot to get into the circle and that was that. It's the nature of a BR game of course, but it's still very amusing to come second in a pewpewpew team game whilst doing so little damage.

Some weapon nerfs and bug fixes out today:

WEAPON ADJUSTMENTS LIVE ON ALL PLATFORMS

Wingman

Rate of fire reduced from 3.1 -> 2.6 shots per second.

Skullpiercer Headshot damage multiplier reduced from 2.5 -> 2.25

Increased base hip fire spread and decreased the rate at which hip fire spread decays (shrinks back down).

Peacekeeper

Shotgun Bolt rechamber rate has been reduced for the Peacekeeper only.

Level 1 mitigation 10% -> 7.5%

Level 2 mitigation 20% -> 13%

Level 3 mitigation 25% -> 16%

Wingman and Peacekeeper availability has been reduced in all zone tiers.

Increased availability of energy weapons & ammo in all zone tiers.

Why no P2020 or Mozambique buffs?

We love y’all’s ‘Bique memes, so we’re hesitant to lose that :P

In all seriousness, our goal is to have a power curve of weapons. "Power curve" just means that some weapons will be weaker and more common, while others will be stronger and rarer. Some weapons are intentionally less powerful until fully purp’d with hopups and attachments, while other weapons on the bottom of the power curve are your early game, better-than-melee, but-gotta-upgrade-out-of-ASAP weapons. We’ve seen some good feedback from players about how to make these pistols more exciting without losing out on the goal above that we’re listening to. We’ll be continuing to watch player data and feedback and trying things out internally but for now, they’ll remain the same.

ADDITIONAL PATCH NOTES

Fixed some script errors that we identified were occasionally causing disconnects during matches.

Caustic occasionally causing disconnects while throwing is Ultimate.

Pathfinder occasionally causing disconnects when activating a Survey Beacon.

Players occasionally causing disconnects when removing an attachment.

Gibraltar occasionally causing disconnects when pulling up his Gun Shield.

Players occasionally causing disconnects when entering Spectate Mode.

And some incoming changes in the near future:

Major balance changes:

Hit box size reductions and optimizations for Caustic, Pathfinder and Gibraltar

We’re better sizing hitboxes to character gear & model

Since these adjustments have a MAJOR impact on the game, we want to make sure there aren't any major bugs, so we didn’t want to rush them out

If these adjustments prove to be insufficient, we’ll consider additional adjustments during Season 1

Minor balance changes:

Caustic

Traps - Reduced cooldown to 25 seconds from 30 seconds

Traps - Increased radius and proximity radius by about 10%

Traps - Removed a 1 second delay on the smoke dealing damage to players

Pathfinder

Insider Knowledge - Increased the number of beacons in the world to 12 from 10

Lifeline

Care Package - Removed slight chance that level 4 armor and helmets will drop

Wraith

Into The Void - Cooldown increased from 20 -> 25 seconds

Bangalore

Double Time - Reduced move speed bonus to 30% from 40%

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭killanena

I personally can't fault any of the changes, even though my main lifeline and main weapon the wingman are getting nerfed. They needed it. I dont think it was a slight chance of lifeline getting purple armor. There was a piece in nearly every drop and if you get lucky and find a lot of ultimat accelerants you could gear up very quickly.

Glad they didn't touch my favourite thing about her though, they faster heals and shield recharges :)

Advertisement