Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gangland Shootings [Mod Note in Post #1]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,365 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

Does anyone have the list of names on the Garda bulletin that was doing the rounds on WhatsApp? Appreciate anyone who can send it on to me.

Would you like their addresses and last known locations too? :)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

Read that there are to be extra Garda in North County Dublin (Malahide) after an increase in antisocial behaviour. As in the gang from Balbriggan.

We live in a two tier society when it takes trouble to come close to certain areas to increase policing.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭Charles Ingles

Does anyone have the list of names on the Garda bulletin that was doing the rounds on WhatsApp? Appreciate anyone who can send it on to me.

I have the link I'll send them to you.
    Do you promise you're not a Garda or major criminal though?

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭El_Bee

Read that there are to be extra Garda in North County Dublin (Malahide) after an increase in antisocial behaviour. As in the gang from Balbriggan.

We live in a two tier society when it takes trouble to come close to certain areas to increase policing.

Generally the squeaky wheel gets the grease, we had a meeting with DCC and the Gardai a while back and they flat out said no one is calling them over the issues we raised and that we need to call them every time we have a problem otherwise they cant justify the resources.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭ElBastardo1

I have the link I'll send them to you.
    Do you promise you're not a Garda or major criminal though?

First Post? He's on the board for sure.:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

El_Bee wrote: »
    Generally the squeaky wheel gets the grease, we had a meeting with DCC and the Gardai a while back and they flat out said no one is calling them over the issues we raised and that we need to call them every time we have a problem otherwise they cant justify the resources.

500+ people marched on Balbriggan Garda Station last year.

500+ people marched on Balbriggan Garda Station last year.

Wow that's crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Will I Am Not

Balbriggan got 5 new Gardaí after that protest to be fair. Although 2 were cut before that so it’s really an increase of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭steamsey

Do we know if this is the usual suspects?

'Young girl's face cut after attack by group of teens in South Dublin'

https://www.dublinlive.ie/news/dublin-news/girl-attack-woodstown-dublin-gardai-16095063?fbclid=IwAR13wAztfMsMVCuP3b4DegRN8YWnLBJkasoQqWiht7GuSTdugFc2w4KkevE

Article lacks detail but it feels the same as the others.

I saw this. It's an article based on one person's Facebook post. Woodstown thankfully does not suffer the same problems as you are referring to. This is probably handbags. Main problem outside this Spar are traveller kids. Very safe area though.

Post is here - https://www.facebook.com/WoodstownVillage-Knocklyon-408355966012749/ - scroll down a bit

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭dundalkfc10

The Gardai are useless!

Was a big fight in Dundalk yesterday in housing estate (travellers) about 20 of them on road shouting, few fighting tops off etc.... 2 squad cars top of the road, 4 gardai standing beside the cars watching them.

Local lady was calling them a disgrace that they are standing watching this, that its going on every week, and kids cant even play because of these scums and its about time Gardai done somehting about it.

The Gardai's reply, If we go in there, we will probably be battered. So basically the Gardai on our street are scared! Why become a Gardai if your a ****ebag?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,420 ✭✭✭MrFresh

The Gardai are useless!

Was a big fight in Dundalk yesterday in housing estate (travellers) about 20 of them on road shouting, few fighting tops off etc.... 2 squad cars top of the road, 4 gardai standing beside the cars watching them.

Local lady was calling them a disgrace that they are standing watching this, that its going on every week, and kids cant even play because of these scums and its about time Gardai done somehting about it.

The Gardai's reply, If we go in there, we will probably be battered. So basically the Gardai on our street are scared! Why become a Gardai if your a ****ebag?

Seems pretty sensible. Let them at it and follow up after with public order prosecutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

Gardai around D8 recently taking knives and bats off gangs of youths.

They were white, though, so where do I go to be outraged?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

kylith wrote: »

You could be outraged that said weapons had probably been stolen from "gangs" with darker skin pigment!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

my take on it is that the fact that parallel societies have been formed. we have followed the mistake of all our european neighbours in completely failing on the integration element. there were always gangs of white gurriers in D8. Gangs of black gurriers is a new thing. Their parents came here for a better life but they are segregating themselves along race lines. Its a failure of public policy and personal responsibility. No roaming gangs of Chinese young fellas for some reason.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,695 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

steamsey wrote: »
    I saw this. It's an article based on one person's Facebook post. Woodstown thankfully does not suffer the same problems as you are referring to. This is probably handbags. Main problem outside this Spar are traveller kids. Very safe area though.

Post is here - https://www.facebook.com/WoodstownVillage-Knocklyon-408355966012749/ - scroll down a bit

Woodstown, considering the worth of the houses in the vicinity, is a remarkably rough enough spot and that shopping centre is a real magnet for all the scummers in the area.

The local traveller groups are bad news (quelle surprise) and cause quite a bit of grief to the locals and further afield.

MrFresh wrote: »
    Seems pretty sensible. Let them at it and follow up after with public order prosecutions.

Ah yeh the old public order prosecutions. They work well as a deterrent!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,610 ✭✭✭iebamm2580

Its exactly the integration aspect, where i live only a few black lads and they have integrated well playing with local gaa and soccer teams and you would never hear anything bad being said about them. The problem is when you house a load of immigrant family's together, they dont need or try to integrate and thats when problems arise. The government just did what all other European countries did and its only going to get worse. Its the same when the Irish went to New York, they stuck together and were notorious gangsters in the hells kitchen area.

Ah yeh the old public order prosecutions. They work well as a deterrent!:rolleyes:

What's the alternative? You think they'll be making complaints of assault against each other?

What's the alternative? You think they'll be making complaints of assault against each other?

Do their job and go in and arrest some of them who are fighting

Arrest them for public order offences right?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The sensible thing to do is to take the continental policing approach when a group of lads are running amok on the street

Beat fcuk out of them and then into the back of a van

It's the only language they understand

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

Arrest them for what exactly ?

no assault complaints, no cooperation, hard to identify .

public order and weapons charges are the only way to go.

if you want to be out rages go speak to you TD about forcing judges to giving effective sentences

That way your family and mine wont have to deal with these creatures

I've stated many times that all the scummy kids around here are white as snow, that shouldnt be an excuse to sweep similar behaviour under the rug just because the perpetrators happen to be of a different skin colour.

The Gardai are useless!

20 plus people is a riot, how many riot units are available at the moment to Gardai?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,294 ✭✭✭Quandary

Surely 5 Gardai with 2 cans of pepper spray each could have subdued the scum enough to make the necessary arrests...

The sensible thing to do is to take the continental policing approach when a group of lads are running amok on the street

Beat fcuk out of them and then into the back of a van

It's the only language they understand

Leaving aside the issue of 20 vs 4, beating people simply doesn't work. They don't learn a lesson from violence if they live a life of violence.

Quandary wrote: »
    Surely 5 Gardai with 2 cans of pepper spray each could have subdued the scum enough to make the necessary arrests...

They're not robots and this isn't the movies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Dante7

Leaving aside the issue of 20 vs 4, beating people simply doesn't work. They don't learn a lesson from violence if they live a life of violence.

That doesn't seem to bother some Gardai.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭mynamejeff

So do people want the gardai to go in and beat ****e out of people who commit public order and assaults or is that a grevious abuse of their human rights

do you only want this to happen to people of a particular colour or mobile temperament ? or should every one acting the bollox on the street drunk should get a slap , like in Germany . who actually have a very effective police force

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

mynamejeff wrote: »
    So do people want the gardai to go in and beat ****e out of people who commit public order and assaults or is that a grevious abuse of their human rights

do you only want this to happen to people of a particular colour or mobile temperament ? or should every one acting the bollox on the street drunk should get a slap , like in Germany . who actually have a very effective police force

Everyone should get a slap

Wake up the next morning sore in a cell its makes you think twice about doing it again

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement