Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things That Trivially Annoy You.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭gucci

Two Airport related things:

Wasted space, security areas that are crammed and have people tripping across each other, but the retail area is bloody huge.

Those Duty shops (Dublin Terminal 2 for example) that have a winding walkway through them forcing you to walk about 500m to cover about 60m of space. You cant usually take a crow flies approach as there are a dozen gombeens and perfume spraying sales reps humping each others legs in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,565 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Numpty retired from our place about 3 weeks ago. He was a waste of space when he was here and basically was just counting down the days till his retirement. Despite being told multiple times before he went about how his work email account wouldn't work once he left he's just after calling looking for stuff out of it. And wasn't happy when he was told that the account (and everything in it) was long gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,493 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Numpty retired from our place about 3 weeks ago. He was a waste of space when he was here and basically was just counting down the days till his retirement. Despite being told multiple times before he went about how his work email account wouldn't work once he left he's just after calling looking for stuff out of it. And wasn't happy when he was told that the account (and everything in it) was long gone.

I once worked with someone who didn't know how to use the phone. This only came to light when her PC stopped working, and she just sat at her desk doing nothing. When her manager asked her why she hadn't called the Help desk to get it fixed, she told her that she hadn't used her work phone since they were replaced around 2005/2006, and didn't know how to contact IT.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,831 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Stupid , hot headed people , he said , no he said blah blah , just calm down and ignore each other instead of dragging others into it ffs.

ETA ,
    I meant in real life , not here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I was parked in a small car park in town earlier. Came back and the car was blocked in, someone had parked behind me. Queue me giving out saying “we’re not going anywhere now, fecking eejit”. Then the lad who wasn’t parked behind me came out of a gate that led off the car park. Turns out I knew him from my last job and it’s highly likely he heard me.

Mortified.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,081 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    I was parked in a small car park in town earlier. Came back and the car was blocked in, someone had parked behind me. Queue me giving out saying “we’re not going anywhere now, fecking eejit”. Then the lad who wasn’t parked behind me came out of a gate that led off the car park. Turns out I knew him from my last job and it’s highly likely he heard me.

Mortified.

It’s ‘ cue’ lady.

Imagine if the ‘fecking eejit’ read this post...........uhmmm.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I went to the park to enjoy the sunshine after work.
    People had more control over their dogs than others had over their children.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,073 ✭✭✭Rubberlegs

I must have walked in petrol at the pump because my foot kept slipping on the clutch as I drove off. I had to pull over and wipe my foot in the grass.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

I'm fairly easygoing but even I'm raising an eyebrow at the ex's latest acquisitions which he's added to his collection in the garden.

I spend a lot time repeating '' I'm afraid I have no idea what that is. It doesn't belong to me.'' Someone even lectured me on letting a perfectly good thing go to waste.

Do I look like I fix cars and bicycles ?

Reapeating to myself ''not my house , none of my business ''

• Registered Users Posts: 30,224 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who care about the environment. For example they'd give out about plastic on a packet or a straw but they have no issue flying all around the World for fun and spending a load on clothes and electrical items they don't need!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The minute the cattle go back out to the fields the dog seizes the opportunity to roll in the wettest, sloppiest cow****e she can find.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

It’s ‘ cue’ lady.

Imagine being as perfect as you and never making a mistake :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It’s ‘ cue’ lady.

That's quite nasty and not in the spirit of the thread at all.
    I've noticed you've made other similar posts like that over the last few months. No one likes a smart ass. Its very trivially annoying and its spoiling the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,401 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My TA is back-seat modding.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,298 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My TA is back-seat modding.

report it if it is an issue. Don't discuss it on thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭BohsCeltic

Captcha on websites/I am not a robot.

I had a hair in my mouth so pulled it out and it was still attached to my head. Ouch :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,051 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Car tax, car insurance, foreign stag and a week in NY all on the horizon within the next month.

While I cannot wait for the holiday, the hit all at once to my bank account is making me slightly anxious.

Yippee, a frugal lifestyle coming up.

Its amazing though how often so many things that need paying for all arrive at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Got my hair cut & now collar of t-shirt and neck is itchy with the loose hairs that fell down

• Registered Users Posts: 4,213 ✭✭✭Poochie05

It’s Maths !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I know; Maths is very difficult

• Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

The lack of sunscreen is ta today . I'm very anti-hat but found one I like. Being contrary, I couldn't just like a hat from Ireland . I'm waiting for the courier with it.

Come on Dave from Dpd. I need you to save my weekend . My freckles are joining up at this stage.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,020 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Leaving the grass grow to long over winter and it took ages to cut today, ta'd at my laziness .
    Rubberlegs wrote: »
    I had a hair in my mouth so pulled it out and it was still attached to my head. Ouch :(

That's what you get for being a lyons tea drinker :3 :pac:

Leaving the grass grow to long over winter and it took ages to cut today, ta'd at my laziness .

That's what you get for being a lyons tea drinker :3 :pac:

*narrows eyes *

If I drank Barry's I would have scalped myself, ha! :)

TA , is there ever a day I don't find myself in a supermarket :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭TG1

My mam thinking she can still tell me not to spoil my dinner etc. Etc. Its a long time since I was living under her rules.....

People in massive cars/SUVs pushing everybody to the side of the road and when they get to the car park, as I witnessed with some dullard in an enormous Audi Q7 today, they take up two car spaces in a packed car park with their contraption.

If car park owners had the balls to fine/clamp these people who park into another car space, they'd suddenly develop more consideration for the rest of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,215 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

Adding gate to the end of a word or broken word/initials for any scandal or story breaking etc.

Commenting under any or every photograph "That would make a great album cover". No it wouldn't f*ck off. #albumgate

Rubberlegs wrote: »
    TA , is there ever a day I don't find myself in a supermarket :(

This. I really dislike shopping. I was just thinking about how to live a less consumer-centric lifestyle in a city. The amount of absolutely awful, sugar-filled junk I had to wade through in the local supermarket to get my few things gets more shocking. This pride of place given to awful, sugar-filled "food" has become much worse in every supermarket chain. There should be a Boards forum with advice to help people detox from relentless consumerism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,074 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

TG1 wrote: »
    My mam thinking she can still tell me not to spoil my dinner etc. Etc. Its a long time since I was living under her rules.....

Mams never stop being Mams . Take the good with the bad because thats what makes Mam !

• Advertisement

TA, rarely being able to see the last post on this thread until someone else posts after it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement