Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS4 Megathread goes fourth.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,549 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/issues-identified/

Games with Issues Identified*
    Games which have been tested and were found to have one or more of the following known issues which we did not consider critical to the game play experience but which you should review to consider how important they are to you:

Previous online ID(s) may remain visible to you and other players, or the online ID is no longer visible in some areas in a game title (in-game rankings, leaderboards, etc). For some game titles, the online ID will automatically update if you sign out and then sign back in to the game or when various gameplay activity is performed after sign-in; User accounts on PlayStation may be unlinked from game accounts. Linking accounts again may restore the original linkage; and Certain game settings may be initialized to their default state (audio setting, controller setting, etc). For some game titles, settings may be recovered if you sign out and then sign back in to the game.

These games are identified on the Games List by (Issues Identified*).

Absolver: Downfall (Issues Identified*)
    Assassin's Creed® IV Black Flag™ (Issues Identified*)
    Big City Stories (Issues Identified*)
    Bloodborne™ (Issues Identified*)
    Call of Duty®: Ghosts (Issues Identified*)
    Crossout (Issues Identified*)
    DARK SOULS™ II: Scholar of the First Sin (Issues Identified*)
    DARK SOULS™ III (Issues Identified*)
    DRAGON QUEST BUILDERS™ (Issues Identified*)
    EA SPORTS™ FIFA 17 Standard Edition (Issues Identified*)
    Gauntlet: Slayer Edition (Issues Identified*)
    GOD EATER 2 Rage Burst (Issues Identified*)
    Grand Theft Auto V (Issues Identified*)
    GUNDAM VERSUS (Issues Identified*)
    GUNS UP!™ (Issues Identified*)
    Injustice™ 2 - Standard Edition (Issues Identified*)
    KILLZONE™ SHADOW FALL (Issues Identified*)
    Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite (Issues Identified*)
    MLB® The Show™ 17 (Issues Identified*)
    NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM 4 (Issues Identified*)
    NARUTO SHIPPUDEN: Ultimate Ninja STORM Trilogy (Issues Identified*)
    NARUTO STORM 4 : Road to Boruto Expansion (Issues Identified*)
    NBA 2K19 (Issues Identified*)
    PlayStation®VR Worlds (Issues Identified*)
    Rock Band™ 4 (Issues Identified*)
    ROCKSMITH® 2014 EDITION – REMASTERED (Issues Identified*)
    The Last of Us™ Remastered (Issues Identified*)
    Titanfall™ 2 (Issues Identified*)
    Trackmania® Turbo (Issues Identified*)
    Trove (Issues Identified*)
    UNCHARTED™ 4: A Thief’s End (Issues Identified*)
    UNO® (Issues Identified*)
    Warframe® (Issues Identified*)
    WipEout™ Omega Collection (Issues Identified*)

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/onlineid/games-list-home/critical-issues/

Games with Critical Issues**
    Games which have been tested and one or more of the following known issues which we considered fundamental to the game play experience:

User may lose in-game currency whether paid for or earned;
    Loss of game progress, including scores and progress toward trophy unlocking; and
    Loss of UGC or parts of the game may not function properly, both online and offline.
    If you have a game in this category, we do not recommend changing your online ID if you wish to continue playing that game without losing its entitlements and achievements which you have already bought or released. It is possible to incur permanent game errors or data loss as a result of using the feature.

Disc Jam™ (Critical Issues**)
    Everybody's Golf (Critical Issues**)
    Just Dance 2017 (Critical Issues**)
    LittleBigPlanet™ 3 (Critical Issues**)
    MLB 14 The Show (Critical Issues**)
    MLB The Show 16 (Critical Issues**)
    MLB® The Show™ 15 (Critical Issues**)
    ONRUSH (Critical Issues**)
    The Golf Club 2™ (Critical Issues**)
    Worms™ Battlegrounds (Critical Issues**)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,729 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Everybody’s Golf is a biggie for me on that critical list.

Done, Sheehy83 is now Zero-Cool-Ire

(Since most people are changing from a stupid name to a sensible one, I'm doing the reverse)

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 8,922 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »

(Since most people are changing from a stupid name to a sensible one, I'm doing the reverse)

giphy.gif

Shame that inactive accounts can't be deleted as EoinMcLovin is being used but there are no trophies on the account. I can live with Eoin_McLovin but will probably change the ids for my non Irish accounts as I was doing EoinMcLovin_CA for my Canadian account and EoinMcLovin_US for US account.

• Advertisement

Shame that inactive accounts can't be deleted as EoinMcLovin is being used but there are no trophies on the account. I can live with Eoin_McLovin but will probably change the ids for my non Irish accounts as I was doing EoinMcLovin_CA for my Canadian account and EoinMcLovin_US for US account.

Yeah, the few names I wanted to use were already in use by people who were level 1 at trophies, not a big fan of -ire on the end but new unique names are hard to find.

Also, be careful if you are not changing your name and have lads around for drinks/games. They will most likely change it when you're gone to the jacks....

Yeah, the few names I wanted to use were already in use by people who were level 1 at trophies, not a big fan of -ire on the end but new unique names are hard to find.

Yeah, there are probably a load of inactive accounts with good user names. Even if they were to change their ID the original name would not become available as it would still be tied to the account. If an account has been inactive for a number of years Sony should contact the account owner to see if they are still using it and if no response is given after a given time they should release the name from the account

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Also, be careful if you are not changing your name and have lads around for drinks/games. They will most likely change it when you're gone to the jacks....

trying to get sony to unban your account in such situations is going to be horrid.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    trying to get sony to unban your account in such situations is going to be horrid.

Surely it would ask for your password before confirming a name change?

• Advertisement

Surely it would ask for your password before confirming a name change?

Oh yeah it did, balls to that plan so

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

thank fook.. ive changed it.. shall report back if ive any issues for certain games..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

TheRealEoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 14,234 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

I have the year of birth in my username, definitely getting rid of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,330 ✭✭✭✭Penn

gimli2112 wrote: »

I think they said in such situations, now that it is possible to change your name, that you'll be given the chance to change your name away from something offensive before being banned.

Penn wrote: »
    I think they said in such situations, now that it is possible to change your name, that you'll be given the chance to change your name away from something offensive before being banned.

Oh and it's always free to revert back to your old one. Damn Sony thinking of everything. Took en long enough anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Fast forward a few months & I'll be wondering who the feck Zero-Cool-Ire is and I'll end up deleting you.

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Fast forward a few months & I'll be wondering who the feck Zero-Cool-Ire is and I'll end up deleting you.

I look forward to that day :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I look forward to that day :pac:

New psn, who dis?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

Hardly worth starting a new thread for this just yet, but Wired sat down with Mark Cerny to talk about PS5 (assuming they stay true to form with their branding). Backwards compatibility confirmed, and interesting news regarding media storage/loading times, and 3D audio.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Hardly worth starting a new thread for this just yet, but Wired sat down with Mark Cerny to talk about PS5 (assuming they stay true to form with their branding). Backwards compatibility confirmed, and interesting news regarding media storage/loading times, and 3D audio.

Sounds great from what I'm seeing. Ryzen 3rd Gen (Zen 2) 8 core & custom Navi GPU should be a huge leap from the current generation in terms of CPU compute power.

I think the SSD he refers to is some kind of Optane cache module. Maybe 32GB...64GB, something like that.

Seems unlikely that the console could ship with pure SSD storage. A next-gen console would surely want 2TB at a minimum. This amount of NAND is expensive, even at wholesale. It will be cheaper next year but not massively so. Moreover it's hard to get sufficient quantities. Just seems to far fetched for a console in the near future to ship with 2TB SSD.

So instead I imagine you'll have a standard 2.5" HDD for cold storage and the system can load assets (or entire games) in and out to the cache module intelligently. Like a hybrid drive (eg Firecuda) but much faster and controlled by the system so smarter about what to load in and out. Optane is mega fast and has near-unlimited write cycles so you can load stuff on and off willy nilly withouy worrying about wearing it out. (current hybrid SSDs utilize cautious strategies for this reason).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

Wasn't sure where to ask, PS4 controller triangle button stopped working so need a need a new one, would the Hori Wired Mini Gamepad work okay for awhile? Can get a proper one in a few weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,506 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Do you already have the Mini Gamepad or have access to one, or will you be buying this ~20 controller and then a 50-60 controller later.

Varik wrote: »
    Do you already have the Mini Gamepad or have access to one, or will you be buying this ~20 controller and then a 50-60 controller later.
    No access to one, buying the 20 and then a more expensive one later, if it was decent enough, if its very bad like I'd wait.
    I'm playing Persona 3 Dancing in Moonlight atm and want to go onto P5Dan soon.
    Never have more than 1 controller for anything since it's just myself

Would just try to save the money or shop around.

You see dualshock 4s in for less than 40 sometimes.

Would just try to save the money or shop around.

You see dualshock 4s in for less than 40 sometimes.
    Grand just wanted to check and see. No on the high street you'd see it for 40? Would it have to be online?

Problem is when they are that cheap they go quick.

Smyths had the steel black down to 40 but sold out everywhere.

Yeah was only for short term, thanks for letting me know though.
    E50 was best I found in PC World I think
    Friend suggested giving it a clean and it worked a bit so might get another bit of time out it from doing that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Yeah so true. Even the nice new ones when they come out (like the savage Alpine Green version) if you're prepared to spend full price don't last in stock for long at all.

Advertisement