Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seamus Power - PGA Tour Winner 2021/22

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,717 ✭✭✭abff

Remind me wrote: »
    He’s likely to drop a few spots if he finishes in that position.

Will need to move up a few spots over the weekend.

Not necessarily. He's currently tied 47th on 4 under, with 3 under a tie for 65th. If the cut mark stays at minus 3, there's likely to be a 3rd round cut. Finishing somewhere in the mid 40ths would earn around 25 points and would bring him closer to the total required to hold onto his card.

• Registered Users Posts: 871 ✭✭✭Remind me

abff wrote: »
    Not necessarily. He's currently tied 47th on 4 under, with 3 under a tie for 65th. If the cut mark stays at minus 3, there's likely to be a 3rd round cut. Finishing somewhere in the mid 40ths would earn around 25 points and would bring him closer to the total required to hold onto his card.

Apologies - yes of course it will help in what he needs to keep his card by picking up points. Just might drop a couple of spots but hopefully not

Apologies - yes of course it will help in what he needs to keep his card by picking up points. Just might drop a couple of spots but hopefully not

I may have spoken too soon. With 3 holes to play, Seamus is in danger of the dreaded MDF, which would do nothing for his prospects of retaining his card. He needs to cover the last 3 holes in 1 under in order to make the 3rd round cut. Fingers crossed!

Confirmed for Irish open

-4 thru 16 in Travellers championship. -6 leading.

Really wish sky would ask Nick Bradley about his upturn in form since binning him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,428 ✭✭✭MrKingsley

Really wish sky would ask Nick Bradley about his upturn in form since binning him.

Haha. Did he used to work with him?

MrKingsley wrote: »
    Haha. Did he used to work with him?

Yeap

Why all the focus on Nick Bradley? If his improvement in form is due to changing his coach, surely it's his new coach we should be talking about? Or is there something particularly annoying about Nick Bradley that makes him an irresistible target?

abff wrote: »
    Why all the focus on Nick Bradley? If his improvement in form is due to changing his coach, surely it's his new coach we should be talking about? Or is there something particularly annoying about Nick Bradley that makes him an irresistible target?

The second part. Bradley, IMO is a complete spoofer. He has been on sky about a year and offers nothing. I don’t even know what his qualification is. Various tour players he has worked with/know of him even take the piss.

Just stick his name in Twitter when the coverage is on and you’ll get an overview of people’s thoughts.

Seamus is working with Justin Parsons now I think.

Fair enough. I tend to watch a lot of the golf on catch up, fast forwarding through all the talk, walking along the fairway, lining up putts, etc. I really only watch live when it's coming down to the wire. So I didn't have a clue who Nick Bradley was.

By all accounts, Seamus only worked with him for a few months, but it certainly didn't seem to work out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭OEP

He is all over the place off the tee today, check out his shot tracker on the leader board page on the PGA tour website

• Registered Users Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭First Up

Watching Bradley now on Sky Golf. Complete chancer.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Seamie missed the cut this week.

Must be getting the early flight back to practice for the Irish Open! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Super back nine from Seamus today. From looking like a missed cut to moving into contention it really was a great effort to shoot 30 on the way in. Hopefully he will kick on tomorrow (not biased about my ew bet!)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,301 ✭✭✭✭fullstop

Super back nine from Seamus today. From looking like a missed cut to moving into contention it really was a great effort to shoot 30 on the way in. Hopefully he will kick on tomorrow (not biased about my ew bet!)

Not so much, +4 after 3 today!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭bigtimecharlie

Super finish to make the cut at the John Deere. Eagle par birdie birdie birdie.

I might watch the recording and see if he gets a mention.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭joebloggs32

Super finish to make the cut at the John Deere. Eagle par birdie birdie birdie.

I might watch the recording and see if he gets a mention.

I just caught then of it last night. They showed him putting out on the 18th anyway.
    Super finish to his round a big push this weekend and he could wrap up his card.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

4 over today. Awful back 9. Dropped way down the field.

4 over today. Awful back 9. Dropped way down the field.

Power had a fast start to carry him into the top ten, obviously lost composure and went to pieces coming home. He needs to focus on the positives and not let a poor round or two define his summer. One good tournament can secure the card, there's still several weeks left.

Disappointed to see a 10 shot swing between the last 2 rounds. Was hoping that he could keep it together and have at least a top 20.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Beaulieu

Ah..Seamie had 4th worst score of the day. Bad days are outweighing the good days much too often. Golf is hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

He was up to -9 after 9 holes and then the par 5's came and he bottled it. Someone needs to teach him how to play par 5's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭billy3sheets

Rikand wrote: »
    He was up to -9 after 9 holes and then the par 5's came and he bottled it. Someone needs to teach him how to play par 5's
    He usually does well on the par 5s though. At least he was a while back.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭paulos53

No movement today after a round of -2 and is projected to drop to 137 in the Fedex Cup rankings

Only 3 weeks left in the season so needs a big tournament soon. He won't be in the Open or the WGC so probably needs a top 4 in one of the smaller events that run the same weeks. Failing that he will need a top 10 at the Wyndham

I think his tour card is gone. He let a great opportunity slip through his fingers.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

With the limited number of tournaments remaining on the PGA Tour before the cutoff, he should not have accepted the invite to play in Lahinch. Really bad decision IMHO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Blinky Plebum

Any chance he might try the European Tour now.It is surely much better than dealing with the fear of being relegated to the Web.com every year.

Should he not have played a few more events, surely you've got to be playing every single week up until you get safe inside the top 125

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭paulos53

Even if he finishes outside of the top 125 he will still have a high enough ranking to get into 15-20 events next season.
    It takes the pressure off in the Web.com Korn Ferry Tour finals as he will be playing to improve his ranking rather than his PGA Tour career being on the line

• Registered Users Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Should he not have played a few more events, surely you've got to be playing every single week up until you get safe inside the top 125

He hasn't stopped playing on the PGA Tour, he took a week out to play in Lahinch but he's back stateside since last week when he played in the John Deere and he's playing in the Barbasol this week. He dropped to 135 in the FedEx rankings thanks to not playing two weeks ago and his poor finish (tied 61st) in the John Deere.

I'd expect him to then play in the Barracuda next week (overlaps the WGC-St Jude) and the Wyndham the following week. If he's not in the top 125 after the Wyndham, it's basically the end of his season and he won't have full playing rights next season. If he does make it into the top 125, he plays in the Northern Trust (Aug. 8-11) with the rest of the top 125 as he did last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭Dr Devious

Do you ever get the feeling that Seamy just can't quite cut the mustard at middle level never even mind at the top. In fairness he's been rimming it for the last two years. He's a journey man at best, alas.

Advertisement